• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

His Eye Is on the Sparrow: Why Should I Fear?

In summary, Janet sang a song about waiting patiently for the Lord to help her. She talked about how He turned to her and heard her cry, lifted her out of the pit of despair, and set her feet on solid ground. She has a new song to sing and many will be astounded by what He has done. Lastly, Diane shared that Janet is the bomb and that she brings tears to her eyes.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I don't have a request this time, but thought this was a good place to put this.

This song came to mind this morning as a friend was facing a trial before church:

:sing:
Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches over me
and I know He watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
And I know He watches (I know He watches)
I know He watches me

(I) I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
And I know, He watches me
He watches me
He watches
I know
He watches me.

Luke 12:6-8 (New International Version)

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

"I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God."

(That last verse is for someone special - you know who you are today. ;) )

I love this - I posted it once before for someone. I keep it in mind many times!

I love this one. It's so heart-warming.

My dad used to sing this to me every morning when he would wake me up for school. He still sings it a lot!:D

Janet -

You are awesome!

Thanks for the song.:sing:

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in God.

Psalm 40:1-3 (New Living Translation)

ChefBeckyD said:
Janet -

You are awesome!

Thanks for the song.:sing:

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in God.

Psalm 40:1-3 (New Living Translation)

I'm not, God is. :)

You're welcome on the song. Sammie has been singing here all day long - all kind of songs! :)

Just in case anyone has missed this, and I don't know how you could,
JANET is the bomb!!!!!!!!!! I'm not going into details, just know it's true okay?
And I'm not saying that in anyway to overshadow Jesus because none of us
can but she is used by Him in amazing and powerful ways and I praise Him for her!

Diane, I'll give that an Amen! Janet, that's one of my favorite songs, which is the only reason I'll forgive you for getting it stuck in my head for the next several hours. ;)

quiverfull7 said:
Just in case anyone has missed this, and I don't know how you could,
JANET is the bomb!!!!!!!!!! I'm not going into details, just know it's true okay?
And I'm not saying that in anyway to overshadow Jesus because none of us
can but she is used by Him in amazing and powerful ways and I praise Him for her!
Aw Diane - I just stopped in to take a break from cleaning my van out from the winter! (That is a project!) You brought tears to my eyes (and that really takes a lot). Sniff, sniff...Actually, I think Becky is the one who was used today in great and powerful ways!!!! I'm just being an encourager!

I agree with you about Becky however, I wasn't just thinking about today. I was pretty much summing up lots of things that add up to "the bomb"!

quiverfull7 said:
I agree with you about Becky however, I wasn't just thinking about today. I was pretty much summing up lots of things that add up to "the bomb"!

Thanks Diane - love you too! :) Like I said, you brought a few tears (good ones) to my eyes this afternoon!

Now just wait 'til Conference - I might get rowdy and scream really loud for you when you walk and make my cluster not want to know me... :rolleyes:

1. What is "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..."?

"His Eye Is on the Sparrow..." is a popular gospel hymn written in 1905 by lyricist Civilla D. Martin and composer Charles H. Gabriel. It is based on the biblical passage from Matthew 10:29-31.

2. Who originally wrote "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..."?

"His Eye Is on the Sparrow..." was written by lyricist Civilla D. Martin and composer Charles H. Gabriel. Martin was inspired to write the hymn after visiting a bedridden friend who had a strong faith despite her illness.

3. What is the meaning behind the lyrics of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..."?

The lyrics of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..." speak of the unwavering love and care of God for all of his creation, even the smallest and seemingly insignificant sparrow. It is a reminder to trust in God's plan and providence, even during difficult times.

4. Is "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..." a popular hymn?

Yes, "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..." is widely recognized as a popular hymn and has been recorded by many artists, including Mahalia Jackson, Whitney Houston, and Lauryn Hill. It has also been featured in various films and television shows.

5. Can I find sheet music or lyrics for "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..."?

Yes, sheet music and lyrics for "His Eye Is on the Sparrow..." can be found online or in various hymnals. It is a commonly used hymn in Christian worship, so it should be readily available in most places of worship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
doughmama