• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style

Yep, living in Tucson, my customers would probably frown on leaving it out. :thumbup:Quick question. I made this once, and I thought it was REALLY salty. Anyone else have this problem?When I made it before I just added a few grinds of salt.
BlessedWifeMommy
If you have done this can you give details on how you did it? I'm thinking do the pineapple with the wedger, then everything but the jalapeno goes in, pass it around the room, and then dice the jalapeno with the food chopper and add it and the lime juice after it goes around the room. Here is the recipe just so you all have it...The Pampered Chef ®
Fresh Pineapple Salsa2 plum tomatoes
1/2 small red onion
1 4-in. piece seedless cucumber
1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
1 jalapeño pepper
1 medium pineapple
1 lime
1/2 tsp salt
Lime Tortilla Chips
Hull and remove seeds from tomatoes using Core & More. Dice tomatoes, onion and cucumber using Santoku Knife. Chop cilantro. Combine tomatoes, onion, cucumber and cilantro in Classic Batter Bowl. Cut jalapeño in half lengthwise with Utility Knife and remove seeds using Core & More. Finely chop jalapeño using Food Chopper; add to batter bowl. Slice top and bottom off of pineapple using Santoku Knife, creating a flat base. Stand pineapple upright; use Pineapple Wedger to core and peel. Set aside half of the pineapple for another use. Dice pineapple flesh. Juice lime using Juicer to measure about 2 tbsp juice. Add pineapple, lime juice and salt to batter bowl. Mix thoroughly until combined. Serve with Lime Tortilla Chips, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings (3 cups)

Last edited:
I did it once and we just put everything right in including the jalapenos and just chop chop chopped! The thing that we didn't like (myself mostly) is the red onions were soooooo strong they over powered everything else... so next time would leave those out. I would think your way would work fine, especially if you want the jalapenos really small, but to save a step and a dish to wash, I'd just do it all with the salad choppers, you could start with the peppers and onions and get them smaller before you add the other ingredients... just a thought.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
If you have done this can you give details on how you did it? I'm thinking do the pineapple with the wedger, then everything but the jalapeno goes in, pass it around the room, and then dice the jalapeno with the food chopper and add it and the lime juice after it goes around the room.

Here is the recipe just so you all have it...

The Pampered Chef ®
Fresh Pineapple Salsa

2 plum tomatoes
1/2 small red onion
1 4-in. piece seedless cucumber
1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
1 jalapeño pepper
1 medium pineapple
1 lime
1/2 tsp salt Lime Tortilla Chips
Hull and remove seeds from tomatoes using Core & More. Dice tomatoes, onion and cucumber using Santoku Knife. Chop cilantro. Combine tomatoes, onion, cucumber and cilantro in Classic Batter Bowl. Cut jalapeño in half lengthwise with Utility Knife and remove seeds using Core & More. Finely chop jalapeño using Food Chopper; add to batter bowl. Slice top and bottom off of pineapple using Santoku Knife, creating a flat base. Stand pineapple upright; use Pineapple Wedger to core and peel. Set aside half of the pineapple for another use. Dice pineapple flesh. Juice lime using Juicer to measure about 2 tbsp juice. Add pineapple, lime juice and salt to batter bowl. Mix thoroughly until combined. Serve with Lime Tortilla Chips, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings (3 cups)

Why would you wait to put in the pepper?

When I've done it, I throw everything in the bowl and pass it around. For the pepper, I core & seed it, and cut it into quarters and toss it in with everything else.

That is a good idea about the pepper and onion first.

ChefBeckyD said:
Why would you wait to put in the pepper?

When I've done it, I throw everything in the bowl and pass it around. For the pepper, I core & seed it, and cut it into quarters and toss it in with everything else.

I was thinking it would be bad to get a larger piece of pepper if it didn't get chopped enough.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I was thinking it would be bad to get a larger piece of pepper if it didn't get chopped enough.

Ahhhh....you know, come to think of it, I almost always use a chili pepper instead of a jalapeno. Lots of Dutch tastebuds in this area who don't like heat. :p so, mine isn't usually that spicy.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ahhhh....you know, come to think of it, I almost always use a chili pepper instead of a jalapeno. Lots of Dutch tastebuds in this area who don't like heat. :p so, mine isn't usually that spicy.

Yep, living in Tucson, my customers would probably frown on leaving it out. :thumbup:

Quick question. I made this once, and I thought it was REALLY salty. Anyone else have this problem?

When I made it before I just added a few grinds of salt. Maybe leave it out?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Yep, living in Tucson, my customers would probably frown on leaving it out. :thumbup:

If you core and de-seed it, it won't be very hot at all so it won't matter if there's larger pieces in there. The seeds and veins are what gives it heat.

One more thought, was it the salsa, or were the chips you used really salty?

PamperedK said:
If you core and de-seed it, it won't be very hot at all so it won't matter if there's larger pieces in there. The seeds and veins are what gives it heat.

Good point.

I use regular onion - not red.

And I leave out the cucumber....I don't undersand why that's in there??? I made it with it once and my DH asks "Is this a cucumber in the salsa?" I said "yes". He said "Why?". I said "I really don't know". Since then I've left it out and I like it better that way.

It was the salsa that was salty. I used the 1/2 tsp of salt that the recipe stated. I did use kosher salt though, which I thought would actually be less salty as the grains are bigger, so I figured there's be more "gaps" in between. I thought it would dissolve in the juice so that the bigger grains wouldn't matter.

Would this go well with the 30 minute chicken in the DCB? My hostess really wants to demo the pineapple wedger and had mentioned a salad with some melon balls but I can't find a decent recipe for that.

Thanks,
Stephanie

I would think that it would work and it would give you something to do while the chicken is in the oven, then you could also have some chips or something if people wanted to taste it like that instead of on their chicken... Or if your host doesn't want to do the salsa, just cut up a pineapple and let everyone enjoy the pineapple!

Thanks Paula! If you did it with the chicken, what Pantry item would you spice the chicken with? I had planned on the BBQ rub but I don't think that'll go well with the pineapple salsa if people chose to put it on their chicken.

Stephanie

Personally, I think that I'd use the Jamaican Jerk, it's kind of a Caribbean flavor and to me Pineapple Salsa goes with that... Just my opinion, but that would be my first choice... It's also my favorite of our seasonings! My DH and I are addicted to the Jerk Chicken Nachos...

Would this be okay to made ahead of time? I am planning on bringing it to a Luau potluck at work on Thursday and need to make it tonight. Will it hold?

Thanks Paula!!!

Stephanie

pamperedpals said:
Would this be okay to made ahead of time? I am planning on bringing it to a Luau potluck at work on Thursday and need to make it tonight. Will it hold?

I'm sure that it would, the flavors would just blend some more, will probably be even better!

pamperedpals said:
I would think that the flavors would just blend some more and make it even better!Sorry, didn't mean to double post, didn't see where the other one worked, oops!

ChefPaulaB said:
I'm sure that it would, the flavors would just blend some more, will probably be even better!

DH and I made it last night. I think I will have to buy chips, because the one's I made burned. On the bright side they burned evenly since they were done on my stone.:D

I make the (pass around) Salad Chopper Pineapple Salsa and the DCB Chicken Fajitas. Huge hit at every show. I usually have the Host buy Tostito's Hint of Lime chips and it is the perfect combination. I put 3 twists of our Salt in the bowl and 1/2 of the lime. After the Salad Choppers get passed back to me, I use them to chop the chicken for the fajitas.
From May 1 thru June 30, I sold 27 Salad Choppers, 22 Pineapple Wedgers and 19 DCB. For the majority of those shows in that period, I made the salsa and fajitas!

Ruthie - thanks for the tip! I have my first show booked this week - we are making the Chicken Fajits (grill pan since her Mico is small) and the Salad Chopper Pineapple Salsa! Since she loved the DCB she is making a dump cake in the oven before the guest arrive so the house smells good and people can see the DCB. THANKS!!

What ingredients are in the "Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style"?

The ingredients in our Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style include diced pineapples, red bell peppers, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a hint of jalapeno for some added spice.

Is this salsa spicy?

Our Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style has a mild level of spiciness. The jalapeno adds a slight kick, but it is not overpowering.

Can this salsa be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can make our Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style ahead of time. It is best served chilled, so we recommend making it no more than a day in advance and storing it in the refrigerator.

What are some suggested serving options for this salsa?

Our Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style is perfect for dipping tortilla chips or pita chips. It also pairs well with grilled chicken or fish, or as a topping for tacos or burgers.

Is this salsa gluten-free?

Yes, our Pineapple Salsa Done Pass Around Style is gluten-free. It is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any gluten or wheat products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • merego
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
  • esavvymom