• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paula Deen Has a New Christmas Cookbook for Pre-Order

In summary, the conversation discusses a controversial Paula Deen event, where she gave a raunchy performance that was not suitable for children. Some individuals are disappointed and reconsidering their support for her. They also mention wanting to buy her new book and merchandise.
jrstephens
http://store.ladyandsons.com/product/274/3

My husband better order this for me!! But then I may not can wait until Christmas to get it since it is out Oct 30th. :D

Definitely tell him to pre-order it, that says it will even be signed! Lynda

My husband and I saw Paula Deen Live in August when she came to Dallas she started at 11 and it was over around 1 or 1:15 it was the filthiest , raunchiest thing I have ever sat thru... If I hadn't spent so much $$ on tickets I would have walked out It was full of sexual comments, her groping men on stage etc and crude jokes.... I wasn't expecting it to be like that & felt sorry for the parents in the audience who brought their children (I'm sure they were unsuspecting like me)
I'm not sure if I will buy this book I have all the others.

my dh has been talking about taking a weekend trip to go to her restaurant. i love to watch her!

?????
Teresa Lynn said:
My husband and I saw Paula Deen Live in August when she came to Dallas she started at 11 and it was over around 1 or 1:15 it was the filthiest , raunchiest thing I have ever sat thru... If I hadn't spent so much $$ on tickets I would have walked out It was full of sexual comments, her groping men on stage etc and crude jokes.... I wasn't expecting it to be like that & felt sorry for the parents in the audience who brought their children (I'm sure they were unsuspecting like me)

WHAT???? :eek: That's terrible! Sorry about that.

Debbie :D

i hope my dh or dear friends and family get this for me for my b-day on nov. 11th. i got 4 copies of paula deen celebrates last year. lol

Teresa Lynn said:

Wow, I can't believe that! Although you know she does flirt w/a lot of the men that go on her "Party" show! She should know better if there are children in the audience tough. I think you should write to her and complain.

I saw her on QVC last week and she said the "D" word. Not sure if that is allowed or not. I guess if not QVC and her will get fined. They qucikly switched to a new product and didn't show her for a while. I wonder if they were discussing it w/her behind scenes!

I had never seen the party show but loved the one that comes in on the daytime.

I had already bought a t shirt, her husband's coffee, spices and her new baking magazine in the lobby before the show started. So the the day cost me over $200
some of my friends later said her party show is very raunchy.
She talked about her husband's frist sexual experience behind the barn (Umm he was alone) she told very nasty sexual jokes and talked about their sex life.

I cetainly feel a little different about her now, not that I'm perfect or don't enjoy a cute joke once in awhile but groping is done in the dark without an audience and a daytime show should be just that.
I know some ladies had gone as groups they were wearing matching t shirts from their church. They were probably shocked too.

Teresa- I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. Was their a disclaimer on the ticket at all? I would hope that if it was not intended to be pg that they would let the audience know. Was the show her party show or the daytime one? I thought the daytime one was at her home or in a studio with no audience?

You could always write to the show and let them know which show and location you were at. Let them know that you were expecting it to be pg and that it was not and that you are dissapointed.

I personally like the party show and it is on at night time. I feel that because it is on cable and everyone has the option to turn the channel and not watch the program if they do not like it. The show does follow the fcc guidlines.

How are Paula's other cookbooks? I know that my mom loves her and thought this may be a good gift for her. How fancy are the recipes? My mom likes to try new recipes but she is not a gourmet person.

I took my rolling cart and set up a mini booth in front of the place where she was performing. I did a door prize drawing just like a regular booth. Most of the leads were senior citizens who thought I was somehow involved with the Paula Deen show. I got a couple of good leads, but one person came and gave me a ticket that they weren't using.

Thank goodness I got in for free! I was shocked too. I didn't know what to expect when I went, but I at least expected to see some cooking! :eek: There was an hour and a half of random talking (mostly sexual or crude humor). It was funny at first, but then I thought Ok where is the cooking show part?? She is very funny and I think she just tries to act like we are all her long lost friends that she is catching up with. She involved the audience a lot (which also got out of control...lot's of people in the balcony yelling that they wanted front seats etc, got old quick!) There was only about 30 minutes of cooking and most of that was done by an assistant! Kind of disappointing. :mad:

Teresa Lynn said:
Wow! I have noticed the few times that I have had the chance to watch her nighttime party show on food network, that she seems to make some off color comments and touches/feeds the men. I am not fond of that AT ALL. I LOVE her other normal show that is taped in her home....when she came close to us I checked on tickets and there just was no way that I was paying $75 to see her. That's nuts! I love her and all...but that is a lot of money!

Cindy,
That was exactly what it was, she told her assistant she was beautiful... & sweet today (and then she turns to the audience and makes a reference to the poor girls period and how she is during thst time of the month)
It wasn't a taped show for television.

Teresa Lynn said:
Cindy,
That was exactly what it was, she told her assistant she was beautiful... & sweet today (and then she turns to the audience and makes a reference to the poor girls period and how she is during thst time of the month)

I have never been a Paula Deen fan - and now I think even less of her abilities.....I'm not a prude, but I do not find crude "humor" amusing.....and belittling and embarrassing someone else for a laugh is just exposing a small mind.

Teresa Lynn said:
Cindy,
Oh...she did NOT!

I am very glad I didn't go see her!

Sorry Jennifer! We totally hijacked your thread! Her recipes are SUPER...so her book is probably a great one to have!

I have and love all of her books. I have yet to make a recipe that isn't delicious. They are just down home southern cooking.

I agree about her recipes, but i was offended to spend that kind of $$ if I wanted to see that type of show i would have gone to the Improv and spent way less $$.

Teresa Lynn said:
I agree about her recipes, but i was offended to spend that kind of $$ if I wanted to see that type of show i would have gone to the Improv and spent way less $$.

I can definitely understand spending any amount of $$ thinking that the show you were going to was pg and it turns out that it was not. I still feel that you should write them a letter expressing how you feel. They should have it noted somewhere about the content of the show. After all all movies have to.

I agree - I would write a letter complaing. That is terrible she didn't really do much cooking. I would have been very dissapointed too!

I think Paula is a goddess..
That said, one of my cluster-mates (HEY PHYLLIS) will be on Paula's Party next Friday night!!

My husband got a 20% off coupon in the mail today from her website since he has ordered for me in the past. I told him I BETTER get that new book for Christmas.

OH AND FYI: ANY cookbook that you order off the Lady and Sons website comes autographed. I have some from there. I think it is a stamped autograph though - it does not look like a personal one with a pen to me, ha!

I have all her cookbooks and they are great. She is the only cook that my husband says he has never not liked one of her recipes. They are down to earth and I can find all the ingredients with no problem. I just took the Pineapple Casserole to church today.

I watch all her shows. I have heard she can get pretty raunchy at times. And if you read her biography, you know that she is. I do not agree with that and wish she would not. It is just like these comedians that use horrible language - they can be just as popular and funny WITHOUT it. I want to go to a show but b/c of knowing this I am not sure I "really" want to go.

We went to Savannah in March of this year to eat at the Lady & Sons and Uncle Bubbas. They WERE GREAT! Get ready to pull all your money out of your pocket book at UB to eat though. But is was worth it! We had the buffet at the L&S so we could get a little taste of it all. I wanted to go back and eat off the nigh tmenu but we got back from our dolphin tour too late to get in. I was not impressed with the city of Savannah but if it was not 8 hours I would love to go back to eat at both restuarants!!!

My three year old son LOVES her cooking show. I record them and he HAS to watch them almost every night before we go to bed. He will pick out stuff he wants me to cook. I can get him to try some different things if I tell him Paula Deen cooks this! HA! I keep saying I am going to write her magazine that to see if I an get published in letters from the readers. My mom gets me the magazine subscription for Christmas every year.

:eek: :eek:
KellyTheChef said:
Oh...she did NOT!

I am very glad I didn't go see her!

Sorry Jennifer! We totally hijacked your thread! Her recipes are SUPER...so her book is probably a great one to have!

I would be TOTALLY shocked if we had a thread without a hijack!:eek:

Her "party" show is really bad. I like her daytime show. She makes it seem like you are old friends without getting so personal. She cooks good food with good commentary. On her "party" show I saw her put some food in her mouth and pull up a guy in the audience and put the other half in his mouth. She also licks her fingers and serves the food, which is simply gross! I just can't stand to watch it because I used to think she was so GREAT!!

That really stinks that her show didn't measure up to your expectations. I would've been very shocked as well. At least you can't fault her cooking. It is always on point!

1. What is the title of Paula Deen's new Christmas cookbook?

The title of Paula Deen's new Christmas cookbook is "Paula Deen's Southern Christmas: From Our Table to Yours".

2. When will the cookbook be available for pre-order?

The cookbook is currently available for pre-order and will be released on October 27th, 2020.

3. What recipes can we expect to find in the cookbook?

The cookbook features over 100 Southern-style Christmas recipes including traditional dishes, new twists on old favorites, and creative ideas for holiday entertaining.

4. Is there a special theme or focus for the cookbook?

The cookbook focuses on Paula Deen's love for Christmas and her family's traditions and favorite dishes during the holiday season.

5. Can I purchase the cookbook in stores or is it only available for pre-order?

The cookbook will be available for purchase in stores after its release on October 27th, but you can also pre-order it now to make sure you get your copy in time for the holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • tabnat80
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • kam