• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Patriotic Heart Mold, What to Make in It?

In summary, melt almond bark and butter, make wax decorations, cinnamon pomanders, paper mache ornaments, or bake clay ornaments.
rdh25
what and how do I use this?

Thanks

I found this info for the Heart Molds, I think it was on this site. It had some great ideas for the molds and what to do with them (besides cookies).

CREATIVE USES FOR THE PAMPERED CHEF CLAY COOKIE MOLDS

MOLDED CHOCOLATES FOR "CANDY" OR "CANDY BARS"
Making sure that your molds are clean and dry, place in freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes.
Melt 3 squares of almond bark (any flavor) for each mold to be filled and transfer quickly to the chilled molds. Return the molds to the freezer for about 10 minutes; loosen edges carefully with the point of a
knife and tip the "candy bar" out into your hand. Optional: stir in crisp rice cereal or crushed almonds.* Be sure to use molding chocolate or almond bark as chocolate chips do not release well.

MOLDED BUTTER
For each mold, remove 1/4 pound (1 stick) of butter from the refrigerator to soften for 20 - 30 minutes. At the same time, place clean, dry cookie molds in the freezer to chill. Remove the molds from the freezer and press butter in the mold using the heel of your hand or the back of a large metal spoon/Dough & Pizza Roller. Return the filled mold to the refrigerator for 20 - 30 minutes to chill. To remove molded butter, carefully run a small knife around the inside edge of the mold and use the tip of the knife to pry one edge of the formed butter away from the mold. Tip out onto a small serving plate.

WAX DECORATIONS
Begin with clean and dry molds, freeze for at least 20 minutes. Melt Beeswax or old candles in a double boiler (a clean soup can placed in a pan of water works well too). Each mold will use approximately 1 medium size votive candle also. Remove molds from freezer and WORK CAREFULLY WITH THE HOT WAX! Pour wax quickly into each mold and set aside to cool. The wax will shrink slightly as it cools, and will be easy to remove from the mold. To hang, use a drinking straw to make a small hole near the top of each decoration when it is cool, but still soft. Tie a ribbon or raffia through the opening after it has cooled completely.

CINNAMON POMANDERS
For each mold you will need 3/4 cup smooth applesauce, 4 ounces cinnamon, 1 Tbsp ground cloves and 4 Tbsp of white glue. Combine these ingredients and kneed well. Cover or wrap tightly with plastic and chill. Coat each mold with vegetable oil, spray and dust lightly with cinnamon, press dough into mold. Unmold and use a drinking straw to cut a small hole near the top to use later for a hanging ribbon. Pomanders can be air dried on a cooling rack for about 5 days or placed directly on the oven racks. Remove to cooking rack when they feel dry and hard. To rejuvenate the scent if it
fades over time, lightly rub the back of each pomander with sandpaper.

PAPER MACHE ORNAMENTS
For each ornament you will need 4 paper towels (torn into small pieces), 4 cups of water and 1 Tbsp of liquid starch. Combine water and starch in
a blender. Add torn paper towels and soak for 20 - 30 minutes. Blend on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into a strainer to drain excess liquid. DO NOT press out excess water, just let it drain! Press and pack the paper evenly into the cookie mold. Using a cloth towel, blot, press firmly to get all the excess water out. Ornaments can be dried in the mold for 2
- 3 days or in a 200 degree oven for 1-2 hours. In the oven, dry in the mold for the first hour, carefully unmold and use drips to water to repair any
small tear. Return to the oven or a cooling rack, do not over dry or the ornament will curl. Decorate with paint, glitter or markers. To hang, glue a ribbon loop onto the back of the ornament. Colored ornaments are easy to make using colored napkins instead of paper towels.

BAKER'S CLAY ORNAMENTS
Supplies to make clay ornament: 4 cups unsifted all purpose flour, 1 cup table salt, 1 1/2 cups cold water. Combine flour and salt in Batter Bowl.
Add water and stir until all the flour is mixed in. Turn the dough onto cutting board and kneed vigorously for about 5 minutes. Store in air
tight plastic if not used immediately. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Lightly spray clean, dry cookie molds with vegetable oil. Press an egg sizepiece
of Baker's Clay firmly into each mold. Unmold and place on a BakingStone that has a sheet of Parchment Paper on it. Re-oil mold before forming
each ornament. Use a drinking straw to cut a small hole near the top of each ornament to use later for a hanging ribbon. Bake for 1-2 hours in the
middle of the oven. They are "done" when each ornament is dry and hard and an even buff color. Cool on rack. Spray lightly with polyurethane or
shellac to seal, paint with acrylic or tempera paints. Spray the finished ornament again and hang with a ribbon.

Hope these ideas help.

candy suckersI have melted jolly rancher candy in the microwave and poured it hot into the stoneware heart mold after I sprayed it with Pam and put a stick in the end and when it cools remove it and you have a sucker. I think this idea was on the PC website for a while. They are really cute.
Hope this helps
Vicki~

Thanks so much for sharing! I wondered the same thing! :p

ChefVicki said:
I have melted jolly rancher candy in the microwave and poured it hot into the stoneware heart mold after I sprayed it with Pam and put a stick in the end and when it cools remove it and you have a sucker. I think this idea was on the PC website for a while. They are really cute.
Hope this helps
Vicki~

How do you melt the jolly ranchers and get them out of the pan without sticking? I would like to try this but need a better idea on how to do it. Thanks in advance! :)

melting Jolly RanchersPut them in the micro cooker and as soon as you get them out pour them into
a greased stone, let cool and pry out with the paring knife.
Good luck
Vicki~
They are really cute to do for a booth or kids show.

Thanks Vicki! I will have to buy some and try it out! I love this site! :)

Another great use that I learned at a past conference was to use it as a warming stone. To keep bread and rolls warm, place your heart stoneware mold in a 350 oven for 15 minutes. Then place in the bottom of Woven selection, cover with PC towel and fill with bread. The stone radiates heat and it works wonderful to keep your rolls and breads warm!

jolly rancher popapprox. how many candies does it take to fill a mold?

# of candies for the moldI did 24 jolly ranchers and it filled the mold perfect. I melted mine on the stove top and it worked great. While it is cooling, you can poke a hole at the top and put a ribbon through it.Good luck

This is probably a really dumb question but I have to ask anyway. Do/Can you use the same mold to do both food and non-food projects? Or is it one mold for the edible ideas, and a second mold for the non-edible?

ChefVicki said:
Put them in the micro cooker and as soon as you get them out pour them into
a greased stone, let cool and pry out with the paring knife.
Good luck
Vicki~
They are really cute to do for a booth or kids show.

can you use a small batter bowl or prep bowl?

re: Heart molds and othersI'm so glad this post has appeared I wondered if the molds could be used for anything other than decorations :)

Has anyone thought to make cookies with the mold? I think that is what it was originally created to do.

1. How big is the Patriotic Heart Mold?

The Patriotic Heart Mold measures 10 inches by 8 inches and is 2 inches deep.

2. Is the Patriotic Heart Mold dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Patriotic Heart Mold is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and longevity of the product.

3. Can the Patriotic Heart Mold be used in the oven?

Yes, the Patriotic Heart Mold is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It can also be used in the microwave and freezer.

4. What type of recipes can I make in the Patriotic Heart Mold?

The Patriotic Heart Mold is perfect for making festive desserts such as cakes, brownies, and jello. It can also be used for savory dishes like meatloaf or lasagna. Get creative and use it for any dish that can be shaped into a heart!

5. Can I decorate the Patriotic Heart Mold after baking?

Yes, you can decorate the Patriotic Heart Mold after baking with frosting, sprinkles, or any other toppings of your choice. Get creative and make it your own patriotic masterpiece!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Knordot
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Knordot
  • grgann