• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Silicone Crown Cake Pan be Used for a Jello Mold or King Cake?

It would have worked great, if I would have doubled the recipe I used. It didn't fill the pan completely, so it wasn't very tall; also didn't set enough, so when I flipped it onto my med square it kinda oozed to the edges. The top looked pretty though!According to the chef that was at NC. For the jello, you must let is sit in warm water for about 2 minutes to loosen it up. I use my pan for a double batch of banana loaf, lemon loaf and imagine your fruit cake at Christmas time. You'll be able to strategically place the cherries in the mold alternating in colors. I love my cake pan !!!And don't forget
lacychef
anyone try making a jello mold in it yet? Figured it would work, but wanted to see if anyone's tried it:) I was asked to make a jello salad for a funeral dinner at church tomorrow.

I don't own it yet, but thought I read in the PC News something that you could do it.

I'm still debating on getting this one, since I rarely use my fluted pan. What can I make in it besides cake, jellow, icemolds? I need convincing I guess lol.

It's just so fun though Heather! You have a daughter....won't she love a "crown cake"?! The rum cake recipe that comes with it is yummy.I'm trying it in the morning, so I'll let you all know if it works for jello!

yeah, i'm on the fence about this one too. I want it because it looks neat, but I have never once used my silicone floral pan

lacychef said:
It's just so fun though Heather! You have a daughter....won't she love a "crown cake"?! The rum cake recipe that comes with it is yummy.

I'm trying it in the morning, so I'll let you all know if it works for jello!

Yeah, the DD would love it and I guess it would be a pretty "conversation" piece if I brought to a pot luck huh!?lol

I don't bake much....and I live with men, and they could care less if it's pretty.....that's probably why I'm not overly excited about the cake pan. It's still in the box, and the cupcake one is buried in a cupboard.

I was think of buying this for the Artichoke bread bowl dip, it would give it a more interesting look, also for a football theme..it is the sport of kings...just a male point of view that's all.

According to the chef that was at NC. For the jello, you must let is sit in warm water for about 2 minutes to loosen it up. I use my pan for a double batch of banana loaf, lemon loaf and imagine your fruit cake at Christmas time. You'll be able to strategically place the cherries in the mold alternating in colors. I love my cake pan !!!

And don't forget about a king cake for Mardi Gras!

It would have worked great, if I would have doubled the recipe I used. It didn't fill the pan completely, so it wasn't very tall; also didn't set enough, so when I flipped it onto my med square it kinda oozed to the edges. The top looked pretty though!

BethCooks4U said:
And don't forget about a king cake for Mardi Gras!

What recipe would you use for a king cake in this pan? I've seen recipes where you use the crescent roles, but I don't think you could adapt this recipe to the Crown cake...

Related to Can a Silicone Crown Cake Pan be Used for a Jello Mold or King Cake?

What is the Silicone Crown Cake Pan and how does it work?

The Silicone Crown Cake Pan is a versatile baking tool made from high-quality, flexible silicone. It features a unique crown-shaped design that allows for easy removal of cakes without the need for greasing or flouring the pan. The flexible material also allows for easy release of baked goods without the risk of sticking or breaking.

Is the Silicone Crown Cake Pan safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the Silicone Crown Cake Pan is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also safe to use in the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher for added convenience.

Can I use metal utensils with the Silicone Crown Cake Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the Silicone Crown Cake Pan as it may scratch or damage the surface. We suggest using silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils to avoid any potential damage.

How do I clean and care for my Silicone Crown Cake Pan?

The Silicone Crown Cake Pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it can also be hand washed with warm, soapy water. To extend the longevity of the pan, avoid using sharp objects and abrasive cleaners.

Can I use the Silicone Crown Cake Pan for savory dishes as well?

Yes, the Silicone Crown Cake Pan can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. It is great for baking cakes, bread, quiches, and even making gelatin or ice cream molds. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christina78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missyciccolella