• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about old checkerboard cake pan set

chefpenny99

Gold Member
May 31, 2007
I want to make a checkerboard cake to take to a dinner next weekend and I was thinking that since it is July a red, white, & blue cake would be cool. Here is my question. The directions only tell you how to do a two color cake (for example a red & white checkerboard). Does anyone know how to make it three colors?

How much batter would I need for each color (red & blue) & in what order would I pour them in the pans? TIA!

pcsharon1

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2008
If I am making a cake with three cake pans then I use two boxes of cake mix. So I would just use white cake mix and food coloring.

As for putting it in the pan I would just make sure they were all different - one red, white and blue, one white, blue and red and one blue, white and red so that the colors didn't match sitting on top of each other.

chefpenny99

Gold Member
May 31, 2007
I know that I would need two mixes. Would you just divide the second one and make half red and half blue?

pcsharon1

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2008
Ditto. I would mix them seperately but then combine them and divide into three even bowls. Then color as needed.

chefpenny99

Gold Member
May 31, 2007
I actually changed my mind and I'm going to make the Black Forrest Trifle instead. If I ever get brave enough to try the cake I'll be sure to take pictures!