• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set

In summary, to clean the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge, and avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads. The set is oven-safe up to 450°F, but should be placed on a flat baking sheet before placing it in the oven. The divider rings in the set allow for a checkerboard pattern in cakes and help evenly distribute batter. Any type of cake batter can be used, as long as it is not too runny. The set is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed for best results.
chefpenny99
Gold Member
I want to make a checkerboard cake to take to a dinner next weekend and I was thinking that since it is July a red, white, & blue cake would be cool. Here is my question. The directions only tell you how to do a two color cake (for example a red & white checkerboard). Does anyone know how to make it three colors?

How much batter would I need for each color (red & blue) & in what order would I pour them in the pans? TIA!

If I am making a cake with three cake pans then I use two boxes of cake mix. So I would just use white cake mix and food coloring.

As for putting it in the pan I would just make sure they were all different - one red, white and blue, one white, blue and red and one blue, white and red so that the colors didn't match sitting on top of each other.

I know that I would need two mixes. Would you just divide the second one and make half red and half blue?

I would divide the 2 mixes in 3.

Ditto. I would mix them seperately but then combine them and divide into three even bowls. Then color as needed.

just make sure you put a different color in a different ring in each pan.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I'd love to see a picture of the final result!

I actually changed my mind and I'm going to make the Black Forrest Trifle instead. If I ever get brave enough to try the cake I'll be sure to take pictures!

1. How do I properly clean the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set?

To clean the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

2. Can I use the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set in the oven?

Yes, the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set is oven-safe up to 450°F. Just make sure to place it on a flat baking sheet before placing it in the oven.

3. What is the purpose of the divider rings in the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set?

The divider rings in the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set allow you to create a checkerboard pattern in your cakes by separating the different colored batters. They also help to evenly distribute the batter for a perfectly baked cake.

4. Can I use the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set with any type of cake batter?

Yes, you can use the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set with any type of cake batter, as long as it is not too runny. It is best to use a thicker cake batter to achieve the desired checkerboard effect.

5. Is the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set dishwasher safe?

No, the Old Checkerboard Cake Pan Set is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash it for best results and to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ivykeep