• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jello Molds in Stoneware - Ideas & Suggestions Needed

In summary, stoneware baking dishes with smooth, non-porous surfaces work best for making Jello molds. It is not recommended to use metal or glass molds as they can affect the texture and consistency of the Jello. Some creative ideas for stoneware Jello molds include making fun shapes and adding toppings for extra flavor and texture. To prevent sticking, grease the mold and let the Jello set before loosening the edges. Stoneware Jello molds should not be used in the microwave.
ivykeep
Gold Member
One of the consultants in my cluster had a customer ask her about doing jello molds in stoneware. Does anyone have any experience with this or tips and suggestions.

The only reason I can see that it might not work is that my plastic/metal jello molds allow you to dip the mold in hot water to release the jello and that isn't something you can do with stoneware (at least not as a quick dip).

Any ideas I can share?

You won't be able to unmold it easily, but you can use it for gelatin that's served in the stone (like "Pretzel Jello" - which is pretty much the Margarita Squares from one of the old cookbooks).

I have made jello for jello jigglers in the stoneware bar pan. A couple of times I think I lined it with parchment paper, to make it easier to get out. I made some last week for Easter and didn't use the parchment, but I used the classic mix n scraper to gently slide around the edges and underneath to loosen the jello. It worked great for me. Our creative cutters are great for making jello jigglers, and my kids love them!

Here's a thought...Just an idea..
I like using the silicone molds for jello, but they are rather big.
If you are going for the smaller size like creative cutter size; you can dip the large or small spreader in hot water and then slide under to remove. I don't think it would work for a ridged stoneware piece (fluted).

Pretty interesting. Would have never thought of jello in a stone. :p

Excellent tip on jello and the stoneware. I'll have to give it a try...thanks! ;)

What type of stoneware works best for making Jello molds?

Our stoneware baking dishes, such as the Deep Dish Baker or the Rectangular Baker, work great for making Jello molds. These dishes have a smooth, non-porous surface that allows the Jello to easily release from the mold.

Can I use metal or glass molds for Jello?

We do not recommend using metal or glass molds for Jello as they can affect the texture and consistency of the Jello. Stick to using stoneware dishes for the best results.

What are some creative ideas for Jello molds in stoneware?

You can use stoneware Jello molds to create fun and festive shapes, such as flowers, animals, or holiday-themed designs. You can also experiment with adding fruits, candies, or other toppings to your Jello molds for added flavor and texture.

How do I prevent my Jello from sticking to the stoneware mold?

To prevent your Jello from sticking to the stoneware mold, make sure to properly grease the mold with cooking spray or butter before pouring in the Jello. You can also let the Jello set for a few minutes before gently loosening the edges with a knife or spatula.

Can I use stoneware Jello molds in the microwave?

No, stoneware Jello molds are not microwave safe. We recommend using them in the oven or refrigerator only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingmagic
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih