• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Past Host Discount- How It Works for Another Show She's Hosting?

In summary, a friend who previously hosted a kitchen show is wanting to host another one in August to get a piece of the SS Cookware, but doesn't want to spend too much out of pocket due to recent expenses. The question is whether her Past Host Discount (PHD) can be used on her purchases as the host. It turns out that the PHD cannot be applied to host purchases, but she could use it on a separate "guest" order. However, her host discount would likely be better. It is not possible to stack host benefits, but the PHD can be beneficial if she is close to the next $100 level.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm not sure where to post this question, but my friend who hosted my very first Kitchen Show is wanting to do another show in August to get a piece of the SS Cookware. But she just moved and the house has been (in her words) "a money pit", so she doesn't want to spend any more than she has to out of pocket- and is trying to capitalize on the benefits as much as possible. :D Understandable! (I'll coach her much better this time to get more people at her show than the last time!)

The question I wasn't able to answer pertains to the Past Host Discount. Her's doesn't expire until September.....can the PHD be used on anything she buys as a Host of a current show? I was playing around with it for my Mother-inlaws show since she has a PHD also, but it says "Past Host Discount - not applicable". I see P&P says you can't use PHD on a Monthly Host Special, but wasn't sure if it would go against anything else....I'm guessing 'no', based on what I see so far??

But I could have sworn others talked about it at one time being able to do that. SO i thought I'd check with all of you.

Thanks!

esavvymom said:
I'm not sure where to post this question, but my friend who hosted my very first Kitchen Show is wanting to do another show in August to get a piece of the SS Cookware. But she just moved and the house has been (in her words) "a money pit", so she doesn't want to spend any more than she has to out of pocket- and is trying to capitalize on the benefits as much as possible. :D Understandable! (I'll coach her much better this time to get more people at her show than the last time!)

The question I wasn't able to answer pertains to the Past Host Discount. Her's doesn't expire until September.....can the PHD be used on anything she buys as a Host of a current show? I was playing around with it for my Mother-inlaws show since she has a PHD also, but it says "Past Host Discount - not applicable". I see P&P says you can't use PHD on a Monthly Host Special, but wasn't sure if it would go against anything else....I'm guessing 'no', based on what I see so far??

But I could have sworn others talked about it at one time being able to do that. SO i thought I'd check with all of you.

Thanks!

No, you can't use the PHD when you are the host. The host benefits trump the phd benefits.

No, it can't be applied to anything she purchases as the host (she will get a better discount anyway). She can place a "guest" order and use it as the guest, though. But again, her host discount will be better than the 10%, so not sure if she'd want to even do that.

cathyskitchen said:
No, it can't be applied to anything she purchases as the host (she will get a better discount anyway). She can place a "guest" order and use it as the guest, though. But again, her host discount will be better than the 10%, so not sure if she'd want to even do that.

The only reason she might want to do that was if she was very close to the next $100 level.

That's what I thought. She was trying to see if she could "stack" her benefits. I knew she couldn't stack Host Benefits- like using FPV to pay for the other half of the half-price or the monthly host special item, but I wasn't so sure about the PHD.Thanks for clearing that up! :D

NooraK said:
The only reason she might want to do that was if she was very close to the next $100 level.

Yep, that's the only time I've had that happen.

What is the Past Host Discount?

The Past Host Discount is a special offer for customers who have previously hosted a Pampered Chef party. It allows them to receive a discount on their purchases when they host another party.

How much is the discount?

The discount amount varies depending on the total sales of the party, but it can be up to 30% off the retail price of products.

Am I eligible for the Past Host Discount if I hosted a party with a different consultant?

Yes, as long as you have hosted a party with Pampered Chef in the past, you are eligible for the Past Host Discount for any future parties you host.

Can I combine the Past Host Discount with other offers or discounts?

No, the Past Host Discount cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. It is a standalone offer for past hosts.

Do I have to use the Past Host Discount at the party I am hosting, or can I save it for a future purchase?

The Past Host Discount can only be used at the party you are currently hosting. It cannot be saved for a future purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Loreen