• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Cooking: Demo Recipes & Pan Options

In summary, a recipe should be done with all three pans. I typically do one recipe and if the host wants more, they can try one of the other recipes that I have.
phatratz
How many recipes do you normally demo at the party? In my consultant kit there is the mini-muffin pan, 8" saute pan and the large bar pan. Should a recipe be done with all three? Should there be one demo and another recipe already made in something else?

I typically do just one recipe. If the host would like to have something else, he/she can, but I only do one. I don't have anything else prepared either. I used to, but stopped at one point to see if it affected my sales. It didn't, so I never went back! :)

Just one! We're not caterers! But if the host wants more, I can give them suggestions for them to prepare!

I was told 1, all the parties I have been to have done 1. There is a bites and Bev where you can do a drink and an app. There is the new show where you can make 3 meals out of one lb of ground beef, I beleive.
I guess it is whatever you feel comfortbale doing but it seems like the simpler the better. :)

It depends. Usually juist one. But, if I'm doing something that's really quick I may add another quick one or finish something else off. I try to stay away from recipes that take more than 20 minutes of bake time after the demo. On those I will usually finish something else off that the host has prepared ahead of time. I keep my demo to @45 mins tops.

merego said:
I was told 1, all the parties I have been to have done 1. There is a bites and Bev where you can do a drink and an app. There is the new show where you can make 3 meals out of one lb of ground beef, I beleive.
I guess it is whatever you feel comfortbale doing but it seems like the simpler the better. :)

Just an FYI.....It's 3 lbs. of ground beef.... :) That be some pretty skimpy eating if it was just 1! :D LOL....

ThanksThanks, I wasn't sure. I was thinking about doing the Garden Pizza and the cinnamon bites. But, if I can do the Pizza by itseld I will.

I usually do one, but sometimes will add a pan of garlic or cinnamon bites in the 8" saute pan. That shows cookware without adding a lot of cost or time to the show (get it in the oven first, then do the main demo while it's baking).

What I started telling my Host, I do 1 recipe for 10 confirmed guests or under. If they have more, then I do what we call a B recipe. (what I have noticed, if they want more than one recipe, they work harder at getting more guests! win-win)) Something simple. Several times I have just baked a brownie for them in the 9x13 stoneware. Nothing shows off stoneware better than a brownie. Everyone knows what their brownies look like out of their own pans!
dja

DO ONE RECIPE!! Especially when you are starting out, this will keep things simple for you.

I do one. On occasional I've thrown in the garlic bites just to show off the pan but not very often. The only time I've had a host ask me for another recipe was when she thought the original one wouldn't feed enough people. I just had to tell her that it would feed enough people and she was happy.

I've also had several hosts ask for a recipe they can make themselves. They are always proud to show off their recipe.

I've always done two, because that's how all the shows I had been to were. I'd like to cut down to one but I'm having a hard time doing it. After doing 2 so much, one just doesn't seem like enough.

crystalscookingnow said:
Just an FYI.....It's 3 lbs. of ground beef.... :) That be some pretty skimpy eating if it was just 1! :D LOL....
Ha, yes it is 3 lbs, thank you :) that would be some skimpy meals~ LOL:balloon:

The 3 cheese garden pizza is awesome, I made it last night and practiced the demo on my DH. Of course I was covered in tomato, zuchinni and onion juice from the UM and I had cheese in my hair and all over the kitchen, but the pizza was so yummy and easy to make. What surprised me was them not suggesting using the roll pin to roll the dough into the bar pan. I used mine roll pin and it rolled out nice and evenly.

I do one - unless the host is having a crowd larger then 15 - then I bring one recipe already done and demo the other one - (which ever shows the most products) that gives me time to talk about the other items I love without spending hours at a show - my demo usually is 45 minutes start (Hi my name is....) to end (thank you all for coming tonight, now sit back, eat and shop..)

Related to Party Cooking: Demo Recipes & Pan Options

1. What are some popular demo recipes for party cooking?

Some popular demo recipes for party cooking include stuffed mushrooms, mini quiches, chicken skewers, and fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.

2. Can I use any type of pan for the party cooking demo?

Yes, you can use any type of pan for the party cooking demo. However, we recommend using our Pampered Chef pans for the best results.

3. How many people can I serve with the demo recipes?

The amount of people you can serve with the demo recipes will vary depending on the recipe and the portion size. Generally, our demo recipes can serve 8-10 people.

4. Are there any vegetarian options for the party cooking demo?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian options for the party cooking demo, such as roasted vegetable skewers, spinach and artichoke dip, and vegetable fajitas.

5. Can I adjust the seasoning or ingredients in the demo recipes?

Absolutely! Our demo recipes are meant to be customizable to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to adjust the seasonings or ingredients to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • byrd1956