• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Time in DCB Microwave for Crock Pot Recipes

In summary, the recommended cooking time for crock pot recipes in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) microwave is generally 20-25 minutes per pound of food, but may vary depending on the specific recipe. Adjustments may need to be made for larger or smaller portions, and it is important to check the doneness of the food with a meat thermometer. The DCB microwave can be used for all types of crock pot recipes, and no adjustments to the recipe are necessary. Cleaning the DCB microwave is easy with either a dishwasher or warm soapy water, but harsh chemicals and scouring pads should be avoided.
winklermom
How do you figure the cooking time in the DCB in the microwave for something that you normally would cook in a crock pot? For example, if something said to cook 6-8 hours on low in the crock pot, how long should you cook it in the microwave? TIA

It really depends on what you're looking to cook. There are some things that won't convert over to the DCB, because they require the long, low-heat cooking of a slow-cooker.

I'm cooking swiss steak tonight and had thought that I would try it in the DCB. I'm actually using cube steak, per the recipe instructions, so I don't think that will take an extremely long time but just unsure.

When I'm not sure...I always turn to Allrecipes.com. :)

Here is one recipe for the oven: Baked Swiss Steak Recipe - Allrecipes.com

And one for the microwave: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Microwave-Swiss-Steak/Detail.aspx

Looking at them, the amount of time it takes is almost the same, so personally, I'd go with the oven for a better finished product, I think.

Hi there! Great question. The general rule of thumb for converting cooking times from a crock pot to the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave is to reduce the cooking time by half. So, if a recipe calls for 6-8 hours on low in the crock pot, you would cook it for 3-4 hours in the DCB in the microwave. However, it's important to keep an eye on your dish and adjust the time as needed, as microwave wattages can vary. Happy cooking!

1. What is the recommended cooking time for crock pot recipes in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) microwave?

The recommended cooking time for crock pot recipes in the DCB microwave is generally 20-25 minutes per pound of food. However, this may vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used.

2. How do I adjust the cooking time for larger or smaller portions in the DCB microwave?

If you are cooking a larger portion in the DCB microwave, you may need to add a few extra minutes to the recommended cooking time. For smaller portions, you may need to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. It is important to check the doneness of your food with a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked to the appropriate temperature.

3. Can I use the DCB microwave for all types of crock pot recipes?

Yes, the DCB microwave is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for a variety of crock pot recipes. It is especially useful for recipes that typically require longer cooking times, such as roasts, stews, and casseroles.

4. Do I need to make any adjustments to the recipe when using the DCB microwave?

In general, you do not need to make any adjustments to the recipe when using the DCB microwave. However, if the recipe calls for ingredients that typically take longer to cook, such as potatoes or root vegetables, it may be helpful to cut them into smaller pieces to ensure they cook evenly.

5. How do I clean the DCB microwave after cooking a crock pot recipe?

The DCB microwave is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If you prefer to hand wash it, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge to clean off any food residue. Do not use harsh chemicals or scouring pads, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedmomto3