• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning

In summary, the dish is good but not great. You don't need that much dipping seasoning. You can use less oil or water and it will still be delicious. The seasonings can be used on just about anything.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How much do you use of this when making it for a show as an extra dish? It says 2 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp water and 2 tsp seasoning. Do I need to double this? Will it fit in the small bamboo dip bowls if I double it?

I've made this probably for my last 5 shows. You really don't need that much dipping seasoning. It's strong stuff. It'll fill about half of one of the dipping bowls if you make it as directed. I'd suggest using less seasoning and more oil/water.

I usually add twice the oil that it calls for. If you stir it, and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes, the flavor permeates the oil really well.

Thanks Kristin. Did you keep the measurements the same as on the jar?

Becky, you mention you add twice the oil (phew, glad I asked!). Do you double the water as well?

Last edited:
Are you making beer bread to go w/ these or having the hosts pick up their own bread?

Steph, Becky and a few others mentioned in another thread today that they use french, italian, ciabatta, or even Pilsbury frozen french loaf and make when they get there. I just told the host to 'grab some bread' :D

Okay Jodi, I'm going to assume you mean do I double the water as well too.:DActually, no I don't - in fact, I almost always forget to add the water!

Last edited:
Sure you had to go and quote me. Now it'll be there forever.. :( :)

Thanks, that IS what I meant and I've changed it. :D

I think I'll forget the water as well.

I'll go see if I can fix mine too Jodi!Okay - it's fixed. :)

You guys are too funny. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I'll go see if I can fix mine too Jodi!

Okay - it's fixed. :)

<<<BIGGGGGGGG hug!>>>>> :D

oohhhh! I just looked and I'm sooooo close to a NEW purty star!! Woohoo! I wonder what my post will be for that 'special moment'......

:D

You guys are funny... People who read this post after the fixes are going to be lost!

When I took this to a meeting, I made it as directed, and we had seasoning left in the bottom of the bowl, so we added more oil. Both ways were good. It also allowed us to try it with 2 different oils. I made it with regular olive oil; at the meeting we topped it off with extra virgin olive oil. Both were good. The fruitiness of the extra virgin oil was lost in the seasoning, although still a little detectable. For the price, I'd save the extra virgin oil for a time when it can shine and use the less expensive oil for this.

My favorite is to use the refrig. pizza crust, brush with 2 tbs butter, sprinkle with seasoning, add whatever shredded cheese you have on hand and bake till brown. Taste just like bread sticks from the pizza shop. YUMMY!

Well I made it tonight Becky's way with double oil, no water. They said ewww, way too oily. So I made another batch according to the bottle and they still didn't like it and some commented that it was still too oily. ???? I thought it was fine, not too oily but I wasn't overly impressed either.

Besides for bread dipping what else could this and/or the sundried tomato seasoning be used for?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
You guys are funny... People who read this post after the fixes are going to be lost!

Not lost exactly, just disappointed I got here too late to see why it was so funny.:p

I made both dipping seasonings for a fair on Saturday, exactly as directed, but they didn't go over very well. I didn't ask for reviews, though, so I don't know why this was. Which reminds me of a thread I was going to start . . .

kcjodih said:
Well I made it tonight Becky's way with double oil, no water. They said ewww, way too oily. So I made another batch according to the bottle and they still didn't like it and some commented that it was still too oily. ???? I thought it was fine, not too oily but I wasn't overly impressed either.

Besides for bread dipping what else could this and/or the sundried tomato seasoning be used for?

Have these people never been to an Italian restaurant?:confused:

I've been using the seasonings on just about everything! Both are really good on roasted veggies. I did Roasted Zucchini, Red Pepper, and Onion the other day, and tossed them with a bit of olive oil, and then sprinkled with the Sundried tomato seasoning. Tastebud Heaven!

I have been making the beer bread in the mini loaf pan and just taking 1 to a show. The first time I used the bamboo bowls and made the dips according to the label. Plus I put the sauces in the other two bowls. I've had great response!! I might add I've been using SF Ginger Ale for the bread.

I could see that people who have not been exposed to dipping oils would think that it was oily. If one is accustomed to butter or spread, then the oil seems too wet. I think, for those people, the seasonings would be great for making compound butter. Use the same proportions, only use softened butter instead of oil and skip the water.

I remember the first time I went to Macaroni grill I didn't like the oil dippings. I was disappointed there wasn't any butter. But now, I LOVE the stuff! Through trying it there again and at other restaurants I realized that it is good. So others may be like I was and new to the concept.We had this at our cluster meeting and we all just couldn't get enough of the stuff. And I was surprised that I LOVED the tomato one the best!

kcjodih said:

Besides for bread dipping what else could this and/or the sundried tomato seasoning be used for?[/QUOTE]

couldn't you use it on pasta, chicken or veggies?

kcjodih said:

maybe it just isn't their thing? It is called a DIPPING OIL for bread - it is supposed to be a bit oily - lol. Just tells them that it gives them the idea of what it tastes like.

ChefBeckyD said:
I usually add twice the oil that it calls for. If you stir it, and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes, the flavor permeates the oil really well.

This is what I'm doing as well. Plus, your seasoning will last longer. I show this to my guest as well...it shows that it is a good seasoning and not something you must use a TON of to get a little tast.

I tried using the parmesan garlic one on potatoes a couple weeks ago. The flavor seemed too mild. I only sprinkled it on and tossed them with olive oil, but had to add more seasoning. It still wasn't as flavorful as I would've liked. I also had to salt them and that helped. (I have a great homemade recipe for doing parmesan/herb potatoes that I love, so maybe I was anticipating something close to that and that's why I was disappointed.)I plan to try it on chicken breasts next week. Anyone else try it on chicken yet?

I've used both on chicken, and both have been good.

Has anyone used this to make the Garlic Bites as a substitute to the Italian Seasoning?

Yes. They're great.

I don't even LIKE oils (like at italian restaurants - just give me butter) and I made both a few weekends ago at a show and got GREAT reviews and I liked it as well. I did let it sit, perhaps this is the thing making a difference?! I let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes.

Another idea you might try is putting the dipping oil in a dish instead of a bowl. In a dish the oil and seasonings don't separate quite as much. People don't have to dip their bread deep into oil to pick up the seasonings. I know the seasonings have already seasoned the oil, but people who aren't used to dipping oils don't necessarily know that.

1. How much do you use of this when making it for a show as an extra dish?

The recommended amount for this recipe is 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon of water, and 2 teaspoons of seasoning. However, the amount can be adjusted to personal preference.

2. It says 2 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp water and 2 tsp seasoning. Do I need to double this?

If you are making a larger batch to accommodate for a show or party, then you may need to double or triple the recipe. Otherwise, the recommended amounts are enough for a single serving.

3. Will it fit in the small bamboo dip bowls if I double it?

This will depend on the size of the dip bowls. It is recommended to test it out beforehand to ensure the right amount can fit comfortably in the bowls without overflowing.

4. Can I use a different type of oil for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of oil that you prefer, such as olive oil or vegetable oil. However, keep in mind that the flavor may slightly differ from the original recipe.

5. Will the seasoning be overpowering if I double the amount?

The seasoning is meant to add flavor to the oil, so doubling the amount should not be overpowering. However, if you are concerned, you can start with less and gradually add more according to your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • chefheidi2003