• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning

In summary, the conversation revolved around the delicious cheese ball mixes from TS and how someone experimented by mixing 2 tablespoons of the Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Oil Dipping Seasoning into 8 ounces of cream cheese, refrigerating it, and eating it with crackers. They found it just as tasty as the TS cheese ball mixes and a more cost-effective option. They also discussed trying other Oil Dipping Seasonings and using them for various recipes such as a low-fat spinach dip and a topping for homemade pizza. The conversation also sparked ideas for using the seasonings to make mini cheese balls with different toppings.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
My boyfriend and I LOVE the cheese balls from TS. I decided to experiment so I mixed 2 TBSP of the Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Oil Dipping Seasoning into 8oz of cream cheese..then refrigerated it for a few house..and ate it on crackers..and I must say that I like it just as much as the TS cheese ball mixes..and it is cheaper that way as well..and I love to save money..LOL.

I have not tried the other ones..but I will be ordering the other Oil Dipping Seasonings on my next order so that I can try them all. I will let you know what I think.

I just thought that I would share.

The Spinach & Red Pepper makes a great cold low-fat spinach dip for veggies, too! I mixed reduced fat sour cream, parm cheese (room temp), reduced fat mayo and the seasoning.....GREAT!

OOOH..I will have to try that..I already decided that if I don't buy them all at one time that that will be the next one that I buy. I bet it would make a yummy cheese ball as well.

We used the Parmesan Garlic on homemade pizza the other day and it was delicious!

chefheidi2003 said:
My boyfriend and I LOVE the cheese balls from TS. I decided to experiment so I mixed 2 TBSP of the Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Oil Dipping Seasoning into 8oz of cream cheese..then refrigerated it for a few house..and ate it on crackers..and I must say that I like it just as much as the TS cheese ball mixes..and it is cheaper that way as well..and I love to save money..LOL.I have not tried the other ones..but I will be ordering the other Oil Dipping Seasonings on my next order so that I can try them all. I will let you know what I think. I just thought that I would share.
I make something similar - although I've never made it into a ball, just used it as a spread. In my mini food processor, I chop up about 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (I get them at Costco in a big jar) and blend with 8 oz of cream cheese and at least a Tbls. of the sun-dried tomato seasoning. I could just eat that stuff off the spoon, but it's also a good spread for crackers, and to stuff celery sticks.My new favorite is the Lemon & Rosemary. LOVE that stuff. I've been making a type of aioli for my Chicken Your Way shows, for people to make Wrap Sandwiches - 2/3 cup of mayo (the real stuff - NOT Miracle Whip!:yuck::yuck:) with 1 clove of garlic, crushed, and a teaspoon of the Lemon and Rosemary seasoning. Yum, Yum, Yum! I'm selling it at every show!

Last edited:
I have used them for coating chicken or pork before cooking. They were great.

ChefBeckyD said:
I make something similar - although I've never made it into a ball, just used it as a spread. In my mini food processor, I chop up about 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (I get them at Costco in a big jar) and blend with 8 oz of sour cream and at least a Tbls. of the sun-dried tomato seasoning. I could just eat that stuff off the spoon, but it's also a good spread for crackers, and to stuff celery sticks.

My new favorite is the Lemon & Rosemary. LOVE that stuff. I've been making a type of aioli for my Chicken Your Way shows, for people to make Wrap Sandwiches - 2/3 cup of mayo (the real stuff - NOT Miracle Whip!:yuck::yuck:) with 1 clove of garlic, crushed, and a teaspoon of the Lemon and Rosemary seasoning. Yum, Yum, Yum! I'm selling it at every show!

Becky..I might have to try that..and we are going to costco this evening..I might have to get some.

chefheidi2003 said:
Becky..I might have to try that..and we are going to costco this evening..I might have to get some.
Okay - just re-read my post...that's 8 ounces of CREAM CHEESE, not sour cream. Going to fix it right now!But your post gave me a great idea! I'm thinking of taking some of the seasonings, and making mini cheese balls from them - easy to do with the small scoop - and rolling them in different ingredients. Like chopped parsley, or chopped nuts, chili powder, etc....that would be so pretty on an appetizer tray!

Becky-you are going to roll the mini cheese balls in the different oil dipping seasonings or mix the seasonings in the cream cheese?

Lifeat50 said:
Becky-you are going to roll the mini cheese balls in the different oil dipping seasonings or mix the seasonings in the cream cheese?

Mix the seasonings to make different flavored little cheese balls. I'm thinking I can also mix in some other stuff.
Like do spinach and red pepper ones, and add in some kalamata olives and feta...and then roll it in some parsley.

Do garlic and parm ones with some parmesan cheese mixed in, and roll it in some crushed croutons.

Do the sun-dried tomato ones and roll in finely chopped pistachios.

How about one that is cream cheese w/ a little salsa & some finely grated cheddar and roll it in a mixture of chipotle rub & cilantro?

Ohhh, Heidi! Thanks for posting this! Now my mind is whirling with ideas!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - just re-read my post...that's 8 ounces of CREAM CHEESE, not sour cream. Going to fix it right now!

Funny..I misread your post..I read it as Cream Cheese anyway..LOL..so I would have done it right..LOL.

Here is the thing..not that it seems to be happening anytime soon..but I have decided that since my bf loves the cheeseballs..when we finally get married I would like to do Cheeseballs as our centerpieces..because then our hors d'oeuvres will be at the center of all of the tables..2 birds..1 stone..save money..LOL..and if we use our oil dipping seasonings..instead of the TS cheeseball mixes..that will save even more money. Which I am a big fan of..LOL.

It's yummy on grilled chicken and in rice too.

I've done the 30 minute chicken in the dcb, using the sundried tomato rub on it....makes my house smell like I'm at Olive Garden!! lol Sure makes the mouth water, just waiting on it to get done!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I make something similar - although I've never made it into a ball, just used it as a spread. In my mini food processor, I chop up about 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (I get them at Costco in a big jar) and blend with 8 oz of cream cheese and at least a Tbls. of the sun-dried tomato seasoning. I could just eat that stuff off the spoon, but it's also a good spread for crackers, and to stuff celery sticks.

My new favorite is the Lemon & Rosemary. LOVE that stuff. I've been making a type of aioli for my Chicken Your Way shows, for people to make Wrap Sandwiches - 2/3 cup of mayo (the real stuff - NOT Miracle Whip!:yuck::yuck:) with 1 clove of garlic, crushed, and a teaspoon of the Lemon and Rosemary seasoning. Yum, Yum, Yum! I'm selling it at every show!

I made this 2 nights ago and brought it to work..the one girl has eaten almost all of it..she loves it..she left someone try it..but told her that she could only have 1 cracker with it on because the rest was for her..LOL..obviously she was joking about that..but she does love it.

This sounds so yummy. I will definitely have to try some of these.

Heidi,
Here is my cheeseball recipe. i have to take it to every gathering or people get miffed
i just catered a party and these were the first to go. I scoop them into indiv balls i have a scoop smaller than our Pc one. In the fall stick a slivered almond in it and it looks like a mini pumpkin16 oz cream cheese (Philly original)
1 jar pimentos do not drain
2 cloves crushed garlic
4 tsp minced yellow onion
2 tsp worcestershire
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
16 oz shredded cheese (plus 1 8 oz pkg OR 2 pkgs Carl budding corned beef diced with food chopper)mix cream cheese, pimentos, garlic, onion, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and 16 oz cheese with mixer. Form into a large ball or scoop into individual roll in remaining cheese OR the beef.Refrigerate overnight

Theresa..unfortunately I would omit the Onion and the Pimentos..but I am sure others would love it. I love how easy it is to just mix the seasoning with the cream cheese and I am done..LOL.

Has anyone put together some type of recipe file to go with the Oil Dipping Seasonings? I am going to make one if not.Are there any other recipes you guys have experimented with recently using these? I'll check through old threads, of course, but thought I'd ask because people might not have posted them yet.

tys1031 said:
The Spinach & Red Pepper makes a great cold low-fat spinach dip for veggies, too! I mixed reduced fat sour cream, parm cheese (room temp), reduced fat mayo and the seasoning.....GREAT!

Anyone know what measurements to use for this? And would you use fresh parmesan in a block and use the microplane grater or is this the stuff from a can?

babywings76 said:
Anyone know what measurements to use for this? And would you use fresh parmesan in a block and use the microplane grater or is this the stuff from a can?

Parmesan Cheese from a can? No way.

When I do it, I do 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo and about a tbsp of seasoning. Start with a small amount of seasoning and keep tasting, adding more if necessary. That way you'll get the amount that's right for you and your taste buds.

leftymac said:
Parmesan Cheese from a can? No way.

When I do it, I do 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo and about a tbsp of seasoning. Start with a small amount of seasoning and keep tasting, adding more if necessary. That way you'll get the amount that's right for you and your taste buds.

Ha ha ha! I know, right?! But I had to ask, because you just never know. ;)

babywings76 said:
Ha ha ha! I know, right?! But I had to ask, because you just never know. ;)

That's one you'll always have the answer to, in my opinion.

The canned stuff is passable sometimes, but it's never a substitute for the real thing.

Update..Cheeseball made with the Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning is pretty good as well..I don't think that I like it better than the Sun-Dried Tomato Herb one..but it is still good.

babywings76 said:
Has anyone put together some type of recipe file to go with the Oil Dipping Seasonings? I am going to make one if not.

Are there any other recipes you guys have experimented with recently using these? I'll check through old threads, of course, but thought I'd ask because people might not have posted them yet.

That would be awesome. I had started one based on just the things in this thread but didn't get any further than that. On a different note, I have just about finished a recipe booklet for the torte pan set. (Just in time for the holidays.)​

For my chicken your way shows, I've been doing a twist on the Aioli, and making a sandwich spread that is so yummy - I've been having guests take it to eat by the spoonful!

1/2 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!:yuck:)
1 clove garlic - pressed into mayo
1/2 to 1 teas. lemon-rosemary oil dipping seasoning (to taste, really)

mix those all together, let sit for 15-30 minutes so flavors can blend - serve with sliced chicken and provolone cheese for sandwiches. YUM!

ChefBeckyD said:
For my chicken your way shows, I've been doing a twist on the Aioli, and making a sandwich spread that is so yummy - I've been having guests take it to eat by the spoonful!

1/2 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!:yuck:)
1 clove garlic - pressed into mayo
1/2 to 1 teas. lemon-rosemary oil dipping seasoning (to taste, really)

mix those all together, let sit for 15-30 minutes so flavors can blend - serve with sliced chicken and provolone cheese for sandwiches. YUM!

That sounds WONDERFUL.

Since I am going to use the cheeseballs as centerpieces at my wedding I made them with the other 2 oil dipping seasonings that I had not tried yet and brought them into work.

I love the Spinach & Smoky Red Pepper. I like the Lemon & Rosemary. Which is the same with the other people here today. One of the girls prefers the Lemon & Rosemary. But most of us prefer the Spinach & Smoky Red Pepper.

1. What is "Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning"?

Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning is a versatile seasoning blend made with herbs, spices, and oil. It is commonly used as a dip for bread and vegetables, but it can also be used in various other dishes to add flavor and depth.

2. How can I use "Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning" in my cooking?

Aside from using it as a dip, you can use Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning to season meats, vegetables, and even pasta dishes. It can also be used as a marinade for chicken, fish, or tofu. The possibilities are endless!

3. Is "Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning" suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning is suitable for most dietary restrictions. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. However, always check the ingredient list for any potential allergens.

4. How long does "Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning" last?

Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning has a shelf life of about 2 years when stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it is best to use within 6 months for optimal flavor.

5. Can I make my own version of "Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning" at home?

Yes, you can make your own version of Another Use for Oil Dipping Seasoning at home using a mix of herbs and spices, along with your preferred oil. However, our pre-made blend is expertly crafted for the perfect balance of flavors and convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kcjodih