1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pancakes in the Stoneware Disaster!

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Member

I recently read "a day in the life of a bar pan" which suggested cooking a large pancake in there. I tried this yesterday and it was a disaster. What did I do wrong. It seems to set on top, but wasn't cooked underneath. I left it in the oven longer and the top browned and went crispy, but it still wasn't cooked underneath. Was it my mix? Luckily this was at home and not at a show. :eek:
    I would love to be able to do this at a show, but if I can't manage it at home...
    Yvonne

Aug 29, 2005
  2. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

My experience

I tried it, too. Left it in for 20 minutes...was cooked through, but really pale. It was also MUCH more "crumbly" than on the stove top...very messy with a toddler! :)

I'll try one more time and report back,
    Sandy

Aug 29, 2005
  3. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Giant Pancake

Hmmm? I have done it and it turned out fine. I did have to cook it for about 5-7 minutes longer than listed on the sheet. What rack did you use? For my best results when using stones, I use the 2nd to the bottom. Whoever said use the center rack, has never seen my 30 year old oven, or the oven at my b-friends house. It's either low, mid-low, mid-upper or upper! I use the mid-low.

As far as your batter, I've only used Bisquick.

Aug 29, 2005
  4. Yvonne

Yvonne Member

Mmmmmmmmmm

Again, thanks Rita.

I did wonder about my mix - it was a cheapo!

Will try again with a home-made mix, and use the bottom of the oven.

Yvonne

Aug 30, 2005
Have something to add?