• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pancakes in the Stoneware Disaster!

Rita recommends using a specific pancake mix made for baking in the oven and preheating the oven to the recommended temperature. She also suggests spreading the batter evenly and not overfilling the pan. If the pancake is still not cooking evenly, adjusting the oven temperature and cooking for longer may help. In summary, Pampered Chef Consultant Rita gives tips for making a successful large pancake in the bar pan, including using a special pancake mix, preheating the oven, spreading the batter evenly, and adjusting the oven temperature and cooking time if needed.
Yvonne
I recently read "a day in the life of a bar pan" which suggested cooking a large pancake in there. I tried this yesterday and it was a disaster. What did I do wrong. It seems to set on top, but wasn't cooked underneath. I left it in the oven longer and the top browned and went crispy, but it still wasn't cooked underneath. Was it my mix? Luckily this was at home and not at a show. :eek:
I would love to be able to do this at a show, but if I can't manage it at home...
Yvonne

My experienceI tried it, too. Left it in for 20 minutes...was cooked through, but really pale. It was also MUCH more "crumbly" than on the stove top...very messy with a toddler! :)

I'll try one more time and report back,
Sandy

Giant PancakeHmmm? I have done it and it turned out fine. I did have to cook it for about 5-7 minutes longer than listed on the sheet. What rack did you use? For my best results when using stones, I use the 2nd to the bottom. Whoever said use the center rack, has never seen my 30 year old oven, or the oven at my b-friends house. It's either low, mid-low, mid-upper or upper! I use the mid-low.

As far as your batter, I've only used Bisquick.

MmmmmmmmmmAgain, thanks Rita.

I did wonder about my mix - it was a cheapo!

Will try again with a home-made mix, and use the bottom of the oven.

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,I'm sorry to hear that your pancake didn't turn out as expected. Cooking with the bar pan can take some practice, but don't worry, I'm here to help troubleshoot and give you some tips for success.First, make sure that you are using a pancake mix that is specifically designed for baking in the oven. These mixes usually have a higher protein content and are better suited for the bar pan. Also, be sure to preheat your oven to the recommended temperature and place the bar pan on the center rack for even baking.When pouring the batter into the bar pan, make sure to spread it evenly with a spatula so that it covers the entire surface. This will help ensure that the pancake cooks evenly. It's also important to not overfill the pan, as this can cause the pancake to not cook properly.If your pancake is still not cooking evenly, you can try lowering the oven temperature slightly and cooking it for a longer period of time. Every oven is different, so it may take some trial and error to find the perfect temperature and time for your pancake.I hope these tips help and that you give it another try. The bar pan is a great tool for making large pancakes and I'm sure you'll have success with it at your next show. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.Happy cooking!
Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I prevent my pancakes from sticking to the stoneware?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly season your stoneware before use. You can do this by lightly greasing the stoneware with oil and baking it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Also, make sure to preheat the stoneware before adding the pancake batter.

2. Can I use metal utensils on the stoneware while making pancakes?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as it can cause scratches and damage the surface. Instead, opt for silicone or wooden utensils for best results.

3. How do I clean my stoneware after making pancakes?

To clean stoneware, use hot water and a nylon scraper to remove any excess food. Avoid using soap as it can seep into the porous surface of the stoneware. Instead, use a baking soda paste for tough stains, and make sure to thoroughly dry before storing.

4. Can I use stoneware to make pancakes on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only. Using it on the stovetop can cause damage to the stoneware and increase the risk of breakage.

5. What other dishes can I make with stoneware besides pancakes?

Stoneware is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasted vegetables, and even desserts. It is also great for baking bread and pizza. Check out our recipe book for more ideas and inspiration!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wcsis
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HeatherB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies