• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did this kitchen mishap actually make the perfect Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops?

In summary, the host of a cooking show was running late due to her husband's errands and her one-year-old causing chaos. She made a mistake with a recipe and forgot to line the pan, but it turned out to be a happy accident and the brownies were a hit. Her son talked about stress and colds, and she shared her experience with her own nephew. Another consultant had trouble making brownie lollipops, and the host suggested packing the brownie tighter and using a silicone scraper instead of dipping in chocolate.
Sheila
Gold Member
Disaster averted!!! :D

My hubby caused me to be running late for my cooking show today because he left to run errands while I was trying to pack ... so I had my 1 year old digging in everything & hanging on my leg. :grumpy: So instead of arriving 30 min's early, I ran in the door at 5 min's before the show was supposed to start! I'm the type of person that HATES being late. :yuck:

In my flustered state, I screwed up on this recipe. And I was sooooo nervous about doing it after all I'd read on here about it not working right. I failed to line the pan with the Parchment Paper -or- spray it with the nonstick cooking spray. As the batter was being poured (by a guest) into the pan, I realized that we were using the bar pan instead of the Medium Sheet Pan! :eek:

OMG, the brownies turned out GREAT!!! I couldn't believe that the error had worked to my advantage. The brownies were so soft and flexible to work with. Our military grocery store didn't have the Chocolate flavored almond bark, so the host had bought Peppermint flavored (dark/white chocolate swirl) almond bark. It was fantastic too! It had little chunks of peppermint on top, so when we melted it, it just mixed right in.

They were sooooo yummy! All the guests loved them. :thumbup:

it is great when things work out... I am so in love with those brownies.
Glad things went well! I have had those moments too... when my 2 year old is going through my bag looking for the bamboo spoons to play the drums with!

Glad it worked out. Next time remember this situation and breathe deep, knowing things will be fine. I'll have to try it your way!

(My son keeps saying to me "Did you know you have a virus inside of you? Stress causes it to come out. That's how you get a cold." He must be learning about this in school right now. Glad he's listening. Keep yourself from getting a cold. Don't let yourself get stressed out!)

That's great, Sheila! :) I made those at a kids show on Friday and hadn't made them yet. Ended up making them in the bar pan too (that I did line with parchment paper) because I brought the wrong size sheet pan with me. They did turn out great and the kids had a blast making (and eating!) them. The brownie can be a little tricky to work with, but once you catch on to them, they're okay.

Marie, how did you adapt them for the kids? I think I am going to do those for my KITK as one of the 3 recipes we make. We're doing "easier" things this time and doing all "no cooking" things (at least on the kids part)...

Jae, I'm a retired Police Dispatcher, so I can usually take things in stride and not panic or stress ... but being "late" is one of the things that gets me flustered easily. Of course I'm like a duck ... calm on the surface & paddling like crazy underneath! LOL

As far as the "learning new stuff in school" thing, that's funny! I had an informative day like that once myself. It was during the 18 month period when 3 of my nephews were living with me. I was working night shift. The 1st grader came home one day & informed me that I was "nocturnal" ... they were studying bats in school. ;)

Nocturnal... how cute!

HELP! I'm glad this is working for others but what am I doing wrong?? Okay so I too made the mistake (thanks to reading here) of using the bar pan but with paper. But I can't get my brownies to 'adhere' around the candy cane, it keeps falling off. I tried just doing brownie balls (Yes I said that! ha ha ha) and the mix n masher works well. I can dip the ball and the chocolate comes off. Then i put them on the parchment paper and sprinkle the crushed candy cane over it. Still yummy.

I already told the host (in passing) what I was bringing but I wish I could get the 'lollipops' to work!!

Once you make the balls, stick in the candy cane and form the ball around it. Then let it cool a little bit before dipping in the chocolate.

We formed the balls, stuck in the candy cane & then packed the ball tighter to make it hold on better.

We also didn't dip it into the chocolate! We used a silicone scraper (pg 25 in the catalog - #N or #M) to stir the chocolate until melted, then held the candycane over the chocolate bowl, scooped up chocolate with the same scraper & poured it over the brownie part of the lollipop. The excess ran off & back into the chocolate bowl. You can slowly roll the candycane in between your fingers to expose a new side up in the air and get chocolate coverage all the way around. It worked great!!! It's much easier than trying to pick up the heavy coated brownie with just the candycane. ;)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops?

To make Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops, you will need Pampered Chef's Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, melted white chocolate, crushed candy canes, lollipop sticks, and parchment paper.

2. How do I assemble the Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops?

To assemble the lollipops, bake the brownies according to package instructions and let them cool. Then, use a cookie cutter to cut out round brownie shapes. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted white chocolate and insert it into the bottom of the brownie. Dip the entire brownie into the white chocolate and immediately sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. Place the lollipop on parchment paper to set.

3. Can I use different types of chocolate for the coating?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the coating, such as dark chocolate or milk chocolate. You can also add food coloring to the white chocolate for a festive touch.

4. How long do the Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops last?

The lollipops can last for up to a week if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. However, they are best enjoyed within the first few days for optimal freshness.

5. Can I use a different type of candy for the topping?

Yes, you can use any type of crushed candy for the topping, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or sprinkles. Get creative and use your favorite toppings to customize the Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies