• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie Question

Actually, I just checked, and this is what I was doing: "BROWNIE-WRAPPED CARAMELSBrownie mix, made according to package directions. Using the small Stainless Steel Scoop, fill each well of the pan. Then place one unwrapped caramel in the middle, and bake according to the directions on the brownie mix box."But they were still difficult to get out of the pan...Hey, Di, when you use the caramel kisses, are you chopping them up on top of the warm nutty caramel brownies in place of the Rollos? Or using them inside like I did with the caramels? Because this sounds AWESOME!
jbachen
Hi everyone! I am getting braces put on tonight (Ugh!) and I figured while I was there I would pamper my Orthodontist (and maybe they would go easy on me - HA!)

So I was thinking I would make warm nutty caramel brownies, and bring in a few recipe cards to go with them. But I do not have any of the chocolate coated caramels, and the kids are napping so I cannot run out and get some.

Does anyone know of a good substitution? I am considering just drizzling with melted chocolate and melted butterscotch chips instead. Think that would work??

That sounds wonderful. They may not be as rich but I am sure they will still taste great. Let us know how they turn out.

When you call Solution Center, it says you can substiture the Rollos for any candy bar. Do you have any hanging around from Valentine's or Easter?

Also - another thing you could do is pretzels instead of nuts. But I think pretzels instead of Rollos would be good too!!

Ooh, pretzels instead of Rollos sounds great! Especially since I still have a TON of pretzels lying around after mass producing those pretzel wreaths at Christmas time! But the more I thought about it, the more I decided it might be better to do something bite sized, so I found a recipe collection for the mini muffin pan where you put caramels into brownie muffins. I did have those around, and I won't be able to eat them once I get my braces on, so I did that recipe.Of course, then I realized I had no brownie mix in the house, so had to find a recipe online for brownies from scratch. *sigh* They are in the oven right now... The batter was really rich and creamy, so I am thinking they will be a hit... I am just hoping they don't overflow, because once I filled them with the small scoop, and pressed the caramels in, the cups were pretty full. So cross your fingers for me! :)

jbachen said:
Ooh, pretzels instead of Rollos sounds great! Especially since I still have a TON of pretzels lying around after mass producing those pretzel wreaths at Christmas time!

But the more I thought about it, the more I decided it might be better to do something bite sized, so I found a recipe collection for the mini muffin pan where you put caramels into brownie muffins. I did have those around, and I won't be able to eat them once I get my braces on, so I did that recipe.

Of course, then I realized I had no brownie mix in the house, so had to find a recipe online for brownies from scratch. *sigh*

They are in the oven right now... The batter was really rich and creamy, so I am thinking they will be a hit... I am just hoping they don't overflow, because once I filled them with the small scoop, and pressed the caramels in, the cups were pretty full. So cross your fingers for me! :)
Are you not making them in the Bar Pan? And the recipe calls for the caramels to be pressed in AFTER baking, too.

I used carmel kisses with the last batch and will never go back.I won't attempt to cut them up and put them on top, though ...

chefann said:
Are you not making them in the Bar Pan? And the recipe calls for the caramels to be pressed in AFTER baking, too.

Oh, duh... well that explains why I had such a tough time getting them out of the pan. I hope I didn't do any permanent damage... :blushing:

Maybe I will whip up a quick micro cake, instead...

Actually, I just checked, and this is what I was doing:
"BROWNIE-WRAPPED CARAMELS
Brownie mix, made according to package directions. Using the small Stainless Steel Scoop, fill each well of the pan. Then place one unwrapped caramel in the middle, and bake according to the directions on the brownie mix box."But they were still difficult to get out of the pan...

Hey, Di, when you use the caramel kisses, are you chopping them up on top of the warm nutty caramel brownies in place of the Rollos? Or using them inside like I did with the caramels? Because this sounds AWESOME!

Related to Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie Question

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie?

The ingredients needed for the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie are all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, chopped nuts, and caramel sauce.

2. How long does it take to prepare and cook the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie?

The preparation time for the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie is about 15 minutes, and the baking time is 25-30 minutes. So, it takes about 40-45 minutes in total to prepare and bake the brownie.

3. Can I use a different type of nut for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of nut that you prefer or have on hand. Some popular choices are pecans, walnuts, and almonds. You can also use a combination of different nuts for added flavor and texture.

4. Can I substitute the caramel sauce with something else?

Yes, you can substitute the caramel sauce with chocolate sauce, peanut butter, or even fruit preserves. However, keep in mind that it may alter the overall taste and texture of the brownie.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie ahead of time and reheat it later. Simply store it in an airtight container or wrap it in foil, and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. You can also microwave individual slices for a quick and easy treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • dwyerkim
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SillyChef