• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Delicious Demo: Chicken Club Ring and Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

In summary, the host wants both the chicken club ring and warm nutty caramel brownies to be demoed. It is recommended to do the brownies ahead of time and have the guests participate in making the chicken club ring using various tools. It is also suggested to cross-sell other tools while discussing the recipe and to have the host prepare some ingredients beforehand to save time. Doing both recipes in one show can result in a longer show, less bookings, and decreased attendance and recruitment opportunities.
luckystar
Silver Member
Hi everybody,

I need your advise. I`m taking over a show for my friend, the host wants the chicken club ring and the warm nutty caramel brownies.
How would you do it make both receipes as a demo???

I never make 2 recipes. I've had hosts ask me to do this before and I let them know I'll send them the full recipe for one if she wants to make it ahead of time but I will only demo 1 recipe.

I would do your warm nutty caramel brownies ahead of time. Then you can discuss how you made them and what tools you used. And do your Chicken Club Ring as a Interactive Show. Let your guests use the tools to make it. It seems like people enjoy using the tools to find their likes and dislikes. I have found that really is FUN and the guests do get more out of the demo. :)

I wouldn't. Those are both long, involved recipes. I'd tell her she has a couple of options:
-she can make the brownies ahead and have them ready to serve & you'll do the ring.
- you'll do one recipe for her and she can ask one of her friends to host a show and you'll do the other recipe at that show
Once you start doing two long involved recipes at show, here's what happens:
anyone who books off that show will expect you to do two recipes, your shows will run WAY long and people will get bored and start interrupting you midway thru cuz they wanna check out & leave, you'll get fewer bookings because people don't wan't to have the consultant in their house for 5 hours, your attendance will drop because people will not want to give up their entire afternoon & evening for your shows, you won't recruit because the job will look SO hard.
How do I know this???
Because I spent most of 2007 doing just this and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting bookings and why all of the above things were happening...I was in a nasty funk. Til I got in a long talk with my NED and a few of my sister directors nad figured out just what I was doing...and then decided to change it!
Please...do yourself a favor and learn from MY mistakes!

Thank you so much for you answers. If she will really insists of doing the brownies, they have to be made ahead.

ups one more question. I never did the ring before. It sounds like it doesn`t need too much tools, do you guys still talk about other tools anyway??

luckystar said:
ups one more question. I never did the ring before. It sounds like it doesn`t need too much tools, do you guys still talk about other tools anyway??

Always - it's called "cross-selling" -- sort of like at McD's when they ask "would you like fries with that?" - same concept. If you're talking about the knives you can mention the cutting boards...if you're talking about the scraper collection you can talk abotu the batter bowls or exec cookware...each tool can lead you into cross-selling another. Does that make sense? Go thru the list of tools you'll "need" for the recipe and try to come up with 2-3 things you can cross-sell with each of those tools. It's a sure way to boost your sales.
Good luck :)

luckystar said:

When I make a ring I use:
1. Batter Bowl
2. Food Chopper
3. Classic Scraper
4. Basting Brush
5. Round Stone w/Handles
6. Utility Knife (for initially slicing the meat and large veggies)
7. seasoning (i like dill and italian)
8. Pizza Cutter
9. Garlic Press
10. Cutting Board
11. Heart Trivet
12. Baker's Roller

And I don't use these, but you could even use the oven mitts and measuring cups as other up-sell products.

:)

thank you all sooooooo much

I always do the brownies ahead of time. (at the hots's house) Then demonstrate the other recipe during the show.

Question...Shouldn't the brownies be warm when served? If you do them ahead, by the time you eat them after the ring they will be too chewy. First, tell the host you don't have time to do two recipes. If she still wants both then tell her she may put the ring ingredients together before you arrive because you won't have time to do that. I would have the host get the filling ready ahead of time. You can demo putting the filling onto the crescent rolls if you want. Put it in the oven. Then I would do the brownie as the actual demo, so the ring can be eaten while the brownie is baking. They both bake at the same temperature.

Related to Creating a Delicious Demo: Chicken Club Ring and Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

1. How do I use the "How Would You Do It?" feature?

To use the "How Would You Do It?" feature, simply click on the tab labeled "How Would You Do It?" on our website. From there, you can browse through a variety of cooking and baking techniques and tips from our Pampered Chef experts.

2. Can I suggest a cooking or baking technique to be featured on "How Would You Do It?"

Yes, we welcome suggestions from our customers! You can submit your suggestions through our website or by contacting our customer service team. We are always looking for new and innovative ideas to feature on "How Would You Do It?"

3. Are the techniques and tips on "How Would You Do It?" only for Pampered Chef products?

No, the techniques and tips on "How Would You Do It?" can be applied to any cooking or baking equipment. While we do feature some Pampered Chef products in our videos, the techniques and tips can be adapted to fit any kitchen.

4. Can I share the "How Would You Do It?" videos on social media?

Yes, you can share the "How Would You Do It?" videos on social media. Each video has a share button that allows you to easily post the video on your preferred platform. We encourage you to share these helpful tips with your friends and family!

5. Are the "How Would You Do It?" videos available for download?

Yes, the "How Would You Do It?" videos can be downloaded for offline viewing. Simply click on the download button on the video player and save the video to your device. This way, you can access the tips and techniques even without an internet connection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindsaym
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • LeahMae
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
NooraK