• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie Questions

In summary, this conversation is about a recipe for Rollo Brownies that some find to be time-consuming but delicious. The main questions are about how much to chop the chocolate chips and whether it's worth adding extra quartered caramels on top. Suggestions include using mini chips instead of chopping them, using mini Rolos, and involving guests in the preparation. Some have found ways to make the recipe less time-consuming and more versatile. Overall, the recipe is popular and highly requested.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Couple of quick questions...

How much do the choc-chips need to be chopped? Are they supposed to be fine enough to melt/"disappear" into the mixture when they bake, or are they supposed to be big enough to taste as little bits of choc in the brownies?

And secondly, is it really worth putting the extra quartered caramels on the top? It seems like a lot with the poked in ones, as well as the nuts, brown sugar and choc-drizzles...

Making them tonight for my youth group girl's night!

TIA :chef:

Annabel

That recipe is very time-consuming, in my opinion. Unwrapping those Rollos & cutting them takes too much time, if I am by myself.

Get the girls to help split the rollos. Sounds perfect for a youth group girl's night!

It is very good in the end, lovely and rich, but I would never demo it.

I do suggest following a recipe faithfully the first time, then modifying it later to suit your own needs.

I think we all figured from testing the recipe that you don't even need to chop the chips if you don't want to! (or you can use mini chips)

When I demo'd it, I had a lot of things pre-prepped to make the demo go MUCH faster. You could also demo it as a hands on demo!

You *could* leave off the extra rollos, but then what fun would that be?? LOL

Have you gotten the interactive shows DVD? Mine came today, and I've watched one segment. Jennifer S. does the brownies at her show (since I haven't watched the other 2 they might, too, for all I know), and the ways she gets the guests involved is great.

Haven't gotten mine yet...but acutally haven't checked the mail today! I am going outside RIGHT NOW!!

Darn. It's not there.

I know it's coming soon...my Director got hers on Wed or Thurs of this past week! I can't wait to see it!

I use mini chocolate chips then I don't have to chop them.

I've made this a couple of times and what I do is use mini chocolate chips and then instead of rolos, I use Carmel Kisses. Those are way too messy to cut up, so I bought some Hersey's Carmal Topping and drizzle that on top! That stuff is to die for! I think it makes it so much better.

both of the hosts who wanted this recipe bought the regular chocolate chips and we put them in whole anyway. I had people helping to unwrap the rolos, cut them, and push them into the brownie.

Thanks for the info - they turned out really well. I did chop the chips, just to see what it would be like, but would not bother in the future.

This is a super delicious recipe! I didn't put the extra rolos on top, as I ran out of time (wanted to have it ready for the girls, as we had a bunch to do (nails, fashion show, movie), but it would have been fun to make with them too.

Thanks again,

Annabel :balloon:

I use mini-chips as well.
And I also found some mini Rolos in a bag at the grocery store and they come unwrapped and are the perfect size for these brownies.

I found this to be a very time consuming recipe when I first did it. However, after I did some prep at home I found that it doesn't take near as long. Plus, I don't follow the recipe word for word. Not only are the brownies delicious but I can show how versatile our recipes are and that you can change things up and add your own since of taste. I've found that people like that.

This has been my most requested recipe since it came out. I think they're pretty easy; I don't chop the chips either, doesn't make much sense to me...and sometimes I don't put that many rolos on top, but I do put some.

1. What ingredients are in the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie?

The Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie contains flour, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and chopped nuts. It is topped with a decadent layer of warm caramel sauce.

2. How do I make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie?

To make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Gradually mix in the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and fold in the chopped nuts. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with warm caramel sauce before serving.

3. Can I use different types of nuts in the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie?

Yes, you can use any type of nuts you prefer in this recipe. Some popular options include walnuts, pecans, and almonds. You can also mix different types of nuts for added flavor and texture.

4. Is the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie gluten-free?

No, the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie is not gluten-free as it contains flour. However, you can try using gluten-free flour as a substitute for a gluten-free version of this dessert.

5. Can I reheat the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie?

Yes, you can reheat the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie in the microwave or oven. If using the microwave, heat for 15-20 seconds per slice. If using the oven, preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 5-7 minutes. Make sure to add the warm caramel sauce after reheating for the best taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • Marg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD