• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

? About Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

In summary, the recipe for these brownies involves cutting 16 caramels into quarters, melting 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, and then sprinkling the caramel pieces over the top before squeezing the melted chocolate sauce on top. The remaining caramels are not melted but instead pressed into the hot brownie and the quartered pieces are sprinkled on top. The recipe may be a bit confusing, but it is recommended to follow the instructions as written for best results. These brownies are highly praised for their decadent and rich chocolate flavor, and are best enjoyed with a crowd to avoid a "sugar rush" for several days. Some variations include using a different type of brownie mix or adding additional chocolate chips for
Marg
I am planning on making these at a show tonight, and I have a question.

Step three reads "Meanwhile, using utility knife, cut 16 caramels into quarters. Place remaining 1/2 cup choc. chips into Prep Bowl; microwave on high 1 minute or until melted;"
Do you melt the caramels with the chocolate chips?? It's rather ambiguous and I can't see where you'd use them if you don't melt them...maybe I am having a blonde moment...lol

No, the caramel pieces get sprinkled over the top before you squeeze the chocolate sauce on top.

I had the same question too and had to re-read the directions several times. :)

No, you don't melt the remaining caramels. They're used in the next step - press 24 whole caramels into the hot brownie.

And the quartered ones are sprinkled on top.

this recipe is worded confusingly. My recruit attended the Test Kitchen workshop at conference, and still got confused about what went where in this one.

Thanks, guys! I was typing it out and finally read where it says to sprinkle quartered caramels and remaining nuts over brownie...d'oh!
I think in my typed version, I am going to add "set aside" after cut 16 caramels into quarters...lol

Just made these last night - quite yummy - be prepared for a chocolate coma!

I just took a batch out of the oven....I was hoping to take them to my pottery class tonight, but don't know if I can stay out of them until then. I didn't press the candies into it, but chopped them up, mixed them up with the nuts, and accidentally spilled some dark chocolate chips in there.

I'm hoping someone makes these at my team meeting next Monday! I can't wait to try them. If no one does, I'm making them next week, sampling a few at home & taking the rest to my DH's office for the girls there to eat. They keep asking when I'm bringing recipes in. They like to be my guinea pigs!

These are sooooooo good, too. I made them for another party I hosted and they were a big hit. Good several days later, too. (there's only 2 of us at home, and more than half the pan was left after the party.)

I have really got to make these soon! I have heard so much on here about them and you are killing me!

chefann said:
These are sooooooo good, too. I made them for another party I hosted and they were a big hit. Good several days later, too. (there's only 2 of us at home, and more than half the pan was left after the party.)

Good to know. I was wondering how they would keep if they weren't eaten right away. Maybe not as many will go to DH's office!:p

chefann said:

At my parties people are taking an extra brownie or two with them if there are any left. I rarely get home with more than two.

Man o Man I can't wait to make these they look soooo yummy!!

Is it too much caramel if you're sticking 24 caramels in there?

Denarella said:
It's not necessarily "too much" but you could certainly back off on the Rolos. You could skip the ones that you press into the brownies and it would still be decadent! Plus, then you can cut them into smaller pieces if need be.:p

Denarella said:

Heehee - it's too much EVERYTHING in this recipe, but that's why it's a "Chocolate Bliss" recipe, right?? OMG - we used the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix for this recipe, AND added the chocolate chips - it was total chocolate insanity!! The caramels are SOOOO good and gooey, and the nuts balance it really well. I love the mix of the brown sugar with the nuts, too - MMMM!! My DH made me throw 1/2 of it away after it sat for 2 days and we kept picking at it - too much to make for just 2 adults and 2 kids in the house!! LOL! DEFINITELY make it for a crowd so you're not on a sugar rush for 5 days!!!

Denarella said:
No!! It is perfectly yummy!!

dont get me wrong, Im a caramel freak but I thought having an entire caramel in each brownie square would be overwhelming....for me, it spells H E A V E N

Denarella said:
dont get me wrong, Im a caramel freak but I thought having an entire caramel in each brownie square would be overwhelming....for me, it spells H E A V E N

The thing is, they're not the big caramel "cubes" that you buy, they're actually Rolos, which are a bit smaller (You know - "You can roll a Rolo to your friend, they're chocolate covered caramel from end to end!").

I know several cereal commercials from the 70's and 80's too, if you need them ;).

HA! I read that wrong too! I DID melt the caramels and DON'T do that!!! It came out of the baggie serriously looking like cat poop!!! Luckily it was just for my cluster meeting and my team got a nice laugh about it!

cathyskitchen said:
The thing is, they're not the big caramel "cubes" that you buy, they're actually Rolos, which are a bit smaller (You know - "You can roll a Rolo to your friend, they're chocolate covered caramel from end to end!").

I know several cereal commercials from the 70's and 80's too, if you need them ;).

They still make Rolos?!?!? lol

pampermemelody said:
HA! I read that wrong too! I DID melt the caramels and DON'T do that!!! It came out of the baggie serriously looking like cat poop!!! Luckily it was just for my cluster meeting and my team got a nice laugh about it!

Actually laughing out loud! Just because you said 'cat poop'! Thanks!

I made these recently for a party that was supposed to have 30 guests. (There were only 5, but that's another story.) I made these with 30 Rolos--just placed them closer together. The host's husband told me they were the best brownies he ever tasted.

Denarella said:
Actually laughing out loud! Just because you said 'cat poop'! Thanks!
Yes, it's always nice to tell your guests that the treat they are about to eat looks just like cat feces! I felt sooooo very professional!! Glad to give you a giggle. :eek:):D

pampermemelody said:
Yes, it's always nice to tell your guests that the treat they are about to eat looks just like cat feces! I felt sooooo very professional!! Glad to give you a giggle. :eek:):D

I guess its just because I have a cat so it gave me the visual!:D

Denarella said:
They still make Rolos?!?!? lol

Yes! I was surprised, too. I couldn't find them at my local grocery store, though - had to go to my local convenience store (we have Wawa around here, and I hear 7-11 carries them). They recommend getting the "Rolls" of Rolos, instead of the bags that have them individually wrapped - it would take forever to unwrap that many!!

cathyskitchen said:
Heehee - it's too much EVERYTHING in this recipe, but that's why it's a "Chocolate Bliss" recipe, right?? OMG - we used the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix for this recipe, AND added the chocolate chips - it was total chocolate insanity!! The caramels are SOOOO good and gooey, and the nuts balance it really well. I love the mix of the brown sugar with the nuts, too - MMMM!! My DH made me throw 1/2 of it away after it sat for 2 days and we kept picking at it - too much to make for just 2 adults and 2 kids in the house!! LOL! DEFINITELY make it for a crowd so you're not on a sugar rush for 5 days!!!

You actually threw it away? WOW!! I was wondering if perhaps you could've frozen it for future chocolate cravings???

Also, we used to live across the street from a couple who had no children. When I would make something like this, I often had my kids run some over to them, which they ALWAYS loved!!

Paula

And FYI, a roll of Rolos has 10 pieces in it, so you need 4 rolls.

The brownies were awesome. :)

Okay Kelly... stop with the nonsense! You can NEVER get too much caramel! :)

KellyTheChef said:
It's not necessarily "too much" but you could certainly back off on the Rolos. You could skip the ones that you press into the brownies and it would still be decadent! Plus, then you can cut them into smaller pieces if need be.:p

quiverfull7 said:
Okay Kelly... stop with the nonsense! You can NEVER get too much caramel! :)
I agree! These are perfect! Chocolate and caramel. Perfect combo - and then a cup of turtle coffee (mocha with caramel - the coffee shop outside the Chicago Hilton even added bits of snickers candy to the top of theirs) - mmmmmmmm.......

Mmmmmmm, I'm having one warmed up right now with a cup of coffee! (NOT my breakfast - had that a couple hours ago - this is coffee break time!:D )

1. What is the recipe for Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?

The recipe for Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies can be found online or in a recipe book. Here is a basic outline of the ingredients and steps:

• Ingredients: 1 box of brownie mix, 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, 1/2 cup of caramel pieces, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
  • Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a 9x9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
  • Step 2: Prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions and stir in the chopped nuts.
  • Step 3: Cut 16 caramels into quarters using a utility knife.
  • Step 4: Place the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into a Prep Bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted.
  • Step 5: Pour half of the brownie mix into the prepared pan and sprinkle the caramel pieces on top, followed by the remaining brownie mix.
  • Step 6: Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the brownie mix.
  • Step 7: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Step 8: Let the brownies cool before cutting and serving.

2. Can I use a different type of nut in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chopped nut that you prefer or have on hand. Walnuts, pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts would all work well in this recipe.

3. Do I need to melt the caramels with the chocolate chips?

Yes, the recipe calls for melting the chocolate chips and drizzling them over the top of the brownie mix. The caramels will melt slightly in the oven and create a gooey, caramel layer in the brownies.

4. Can I use homemade brownie mix instead of a boxed mix?

Yes, you can use homemade brownie mix in this recipe. Just make sure to add the chopped nuts to the mix before pouring it into the baking pan.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 16 brownies, so it can serve up to 16 people. However, if you prefer larger or smaller brownies, you can adjust the size of the servings accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva