• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oven Temp & Time for Batter Bowl Cake - Plus Microwave Option!

In summary, the recommended oven temperature for baking a batter bowl cake is 350°F (175°C). The baking time can vary, but typically takes about 25-30 minutes for a standard 9-inch round cake pan. It is possible to use a microwave to bake a batter bowl cake, and the cooking time should be adjusted for a microwave-safe batter bowl. To determine if the cake is done, insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, it is done. Oven temperature and baking time can be adjusted for larger or smaller batter bowl cakes, with a recommended decrease of 25°F (10°C) for larger pans and an increase for smaller pans.
MamaChef
OK....the search function is not finding me what I want again :)

For a batter bowl cake....what does the oven temp need to be and how long do you bake it? Also, when I did the search, one thing that DID come up was doing the batter bowl cake in the microwave...would you nuke it for about the same time as you would in the stone? Which is I think 11ish minutes?

Quick replys needed if possible...I had a friend wanting to do this today for her daughter's bday!:D

I make mine @ 350. I have never made on in the microwave so I don't know how that would turn out.

for how long?

Sorry I'm bad at that kind of stuff. All I can tell you is, till its done! LOL

50-65 minutes. Definitely test it.

Also, subsitute milk for the water for a moister, denser consistency. And, when it first comes out of the bowl, brush a THIN layer of frosting on it. It will soak into the cake and get rid of any dryness from the long baking time.

In addition, use Pan-Eeze to coat your pan. The recipe and instructions are:

*Pan-Eze! Equal parts Shortening, Vegetable Oil, and Flour. Mix together, and store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature for liquid application; or use cold like regular shortening!
HTH!

Since that recipe is on a use and care card you can get it on the recipe search at the PC website.

Related to Oven Temp & Time for Batter Bowl Cake - Plus Microwave Option!

1. What is the recommended oven temperature for baking a batter bowl cake?

The recommended oven temperature for baking a batter bowl cake is 350°F (175°C).

2. How long should I bake the batter bowl cake for?

The baking time for a batter bowl cake can vary depending on the size and type of pan used. Typically, it takes about 25-30 minutes for a standard 9-inch round cake pan.

3. Can I use a microwave to bake a batter bowl cake?

Yes, you can use a microwave to bake a batter bowl cake. Simply follow the instructions for a microwave-safe batter bowl and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How do I know when the batter bowl cake is done baking?

You can check if the batter bowl cake is done by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.

5. Can I adjust the oven temperature and baking time for a larger or smaller batter bowl cake?

Yes, you can adjust the oven temperature and baking time for a larger or smaller batter bowl cake. It is recommended to decrease the oven temperature by 25°F (10°C) if using a larger pan and increase it by the same amount if using a smaller pan. The baking time may also need to be adjusted accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • wadesgirl