• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing an Ice Cream Social for Preschoolers: Need Advice!

In summary, the person needs help planning an ice cream social for their daughter's preschool. They plan to charge $25 and send all the kids home with an ice cream sandwich maker, but they are unsure of which one to use. They also need assistance in creating a flyer and deciding on whether to make their own cookies or buy pre-made ones. Suggestions include researching different ice cream sandwich makers, including a picture and cost on the flyer, providing a variety of flavors and toppings, and planning activities or games for the kids. It is also important to set up supplies beforehand.
shawna_sue
I need help in Sept. I am going to offer and ice cream social to the kids at my daughter's preschool, and I have no idea how to go about it. I figured that I would charge 25 dollars and send all the kids home with an ice cream sandwich maker. I personally have never used one of these. School starts on the 25 of August and I figured that I would send them home with a flyer then, so I could get a head count and know what to buy before I held the party..Also I am trying to think of a good flyer idea, and do I need to make my own 3 inch cookies?? HELP!!!

First of all, you need to research what type of ice cream sandwich maker you want to use. You can search online for reviews and compare different models. Once you have that decided, you can make a flyer with a picture of the ice cream sandwich maker on it and the cost. You could also include a list of the ingredients needed and any other details that you think the parents or kids would need to know. For the cookies, you could either make your own or buy pre-made 3 inch cookies from a store. If you choose to make them yourself, you could look for recipes online that are easy to make. When it comes to the party itself, you will also need to plan how you will serve the ice cream sandwiches. You could provide a variety of flavors or toppings that kids can choose from. You may also want to provide cups or cones for eating the ice cream sandwiches. Additionally, you may want to have a few activities or games to keep the kids entertained while they wait for their ice cream sandwiches. Finally, make sure to plan ahead and set up the necessary supplies (ice cream sandwich makers, ingredients, etc.) before the party. Good luck!

Hi there! It sounds like you have a fun and exciting event planned for the kids at your daughter's preschool. Here are a few tips that might help you out:1. Consider charging a lower amount for the ice cream social. $25 might be a bit steep for some parents, especially if they have multiple kids attending the event. Maybe consider charging $10-15 per child instead.2. Instead of sending all the kids home with an ice cream sandwich maker, you could have a few available for them to use during the event. This way, you don't have to worry about buying and sending home a bunch of them, and the kids can still have fun making their own ice cream sandwiches.3. For the flyer, you could include some fun ice cream-themed graphics and use bright, eye-catching colors. You could also mention some of the activities that will be available at the event, such as making ice cream sandwiches or decorating their own sundaes.4. As for the cookies, you could either make your own or buy pre-made ones. If you do decide to make your own, you could make them in advance and freeze them until the day of the event to save time.Hope these suggestions help, and have a great ice cream social!

1. How many flavors of ice cream should I offer?

It's a good idea to offer at least three different flavors to provide variety for the preschoolers. You can also offer two different types of ice cream, such as traditional scoops and ice cream sandwiches, for more options.

2. How much ice cream should I buy?

A general rule of thumb is to plan for about 1/2 cup of ice cream per child. This can vary depending on the age of the preschoolers and if they are likely to have seconds. It's always better to have a little extra rather than running out.

3. What toppings should I offer?

Some popular toppings for preschoolers include sprinkles, chocolate chips, gummy bears, and fruit. You can also offer whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce for even more options. Make sure to have some healthier options, such as fruit, available as well.

4. How can I make the ice cream social more fun for the kids?

Consider setting up a DIY ice cream sundae bar where the kids can choose their own toppings and create their own unique sundaes. You can also have a game or activity planned, such as a "build your own ice cream cone" challenge or a color-themed ice cream taste test.

5. Do I need to provide any non-dairy or allergy-friendly options?

It's always a good idea to have some non-dairy and allergy-friendly options available for children who may have dietary restrictions. Consider offering a sorbet or dairy-free ice cream option, as well as toppings that are free of common allergens like nuts and gluten.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies