• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe for the Whole Family

In summary, the recipe for the ice cream sandwich maker is easy to follow and the cookies work well. The only downside is that they can get messy if you put too much ice cream in them.
muffetts
Gold Member
Anyone have a GREAT recipe for the ice cream sandwich maker? I volunteered to do the cookies for ice cream sandwiches for my daughter's last day of school. Is it just as easy to do a tub of frozen dough?

The archway cookies work the best (size-wise) or if you'd like to make your own you can use the Large Stainless Scoop with much success. Anything smaller than these do not work well with the Ice Cream Sandwich maker we sell.

Try using vanilla ice cream and roll them in sprinkles, nuts, mini M&M's, etc.

Re-freezing them after making them makes it so much easier and less messy to eat.

As long as the cookies are 3" when cooked. Use the large scoop & you'll be fine.

I have found the med scoop works the best for me. Also dont put to much ice cream in them I have found they can get very messy.

Make chocolate brownies in the Large Bar Pan, cut out brownies using the ice cream sandwich maker. fill with your favorite flavor of ice cream. May I suggest mint chocolate chip?!? :)

chefjeanine said:
Make chocolate brownies in the Large Bar Pan, cut out brownies using the ice cream sandwich maker. fill with your favorite flavor of ice cream. May I suggest mint chocolate chip?!? :)
What a delicious idea!

I used the chocolate chip archway cookies with strawberry ice cream the last time I made them... it was SO good!!!

It's either because I'm Canadian... or stunnedbut what is an archway cookie?:angel:

Muffetts, I have never heard of archway cookies so it is not just you.

Archway is a brand of packaged cookies. In our grocery store they are
sold in see through packages that hold about 10 to 12 cookies, and cost
from 99 cents to maybe $1.29. They have a variety of flavors including
molasses, oatmeal raisin, chocolate, and chocolate chip. Quite often they
are on the end of an aisle where they catch your eye just as you approach
check outs. It is often an impulse purchase for me.

Meijer grocery stores in the midwest have a store brand version of Archway cookies that work in the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker, too. The molasses ones are really good with coffee ice cream. mmm...

Oh my goodness I am gettin hungry!

I'm having my very first open house tonight.... you guys just talked me into using my ice cream sandwich maker for dessert. :)

I don't own one yet but sounds like I should.

Sarah- where in Upstate are you?? I grew up in Ballston Spa/Saratoga and went to SUNY Cobleskill (to start).

1. How do I make perfect ice cream sandwiches?

To make perfect ice cream sandwiches, start by baking your favorite cookie recipe and allowing them to cool completely. Then, use a cookie cutter or knife to cut the cookies into the desired shape and size for your sandwich. Next, soften your favorite ice cream and spread it onto one cookie, topping it with another cookie to create a sandwich. Place the sandwiches in the freezer for at least an hour before serving for a perfect, firm texture.

2. What are some creative ice cream sandwich flavor combinations?

The possibilities for ice cream sandwich flavor combinations are endless! Some popular and delicious options include chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream, snickerdoodle cookies with strawberry ice cream, and peanut butter cookies with chocolate ice cream. Don't be afraid to mix and match your favorite cookies and ice cream flavors for a unique and tasty treat!

3. Can I use store-bought cookies for my ice cream sandwiches?

Absolutely! While homemade cookies can add a personal touch to your ice cream sandwiches, store-bought cookies work just as well. Just make sure to choose cookies that are sturdy enough to hold the ice cream and won't crumble easily.

4. How can I make vegan or dairy-free ice cream sandwiches?

If you or your guests have dietary restrictions, you can still enjoy delicious ice cream sandwiches by using vegan or dairy-free options. Look for dairy-free ice cream or make your own by blending frozen bananas with your desired flavors. For vegan cookies, you can use alternatives like almond milk and vegan butter in your recipe.

5. Can I make ice cream sandwiches in advance?

Yes, you can make ice cream sandwiches in advance and store them in the freezer until ready to serve. Just be sure to wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn. They should keep for several weeks in the freezer, making them a convenient and delicious dessert option for any occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • shawna_sue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Dea Rash
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies