• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organize Your Filing Cabinet - Get Tips & Advice Here!

In summary, Becky is looking for a system to help organize her filing cabinet and is considering tabs, file folders, and file boxes. She is also looking for ideas on how to carry her files with her to shows.
riggs62
Can anyone give me advice on tabs for a filing system? I am reorganizing my file cabinet and am dissatisfied with what I have now for tabs.

I need some sort of system that is easy to keep me organized so that I can be more productive and less of a procratinator!! Anyone relate?

Thanks in advance!

Yes I can relate - but I haven't figured it out myself yet!

I'll be looking for all the ideas too!

Oh Jilleysuuuuuuuuuue!!
We need youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Oh help us!!!
Bump :cry:

Tabs?? Well I have 2 'systems' per say. One I have file folders label "January-December" and each month I have folders for each host. That way I can pull a folder and off I go to a show. it has an envelope for checks, my 5 question check out (little reminder for myself), the recipe, and also anything else "paper-ish" I need to bring. then I have folders that have recipes that I had xeroxed for shows, replacement forms in case a customer wants to do it vs me doing it for them, host forms, customer information forms, recruiting, etc.

Then I have binders that are labeled: Incentives, Customer Care Log, Bookings, Recipe Cards, Hosts, etc. I have about 10 binders or so.

I'm organized and getting there more but I need to do more calls! lol 3-2-1 is in sight.

Here's what i posted in another thread too tired to retype so I just cut and pastedI suggest tackling those stacks of paper by flipping them face side down and going thru the from the bottom of the stack, chances are the info has already expired or no longer important.
I keep file folders (adorable ones from $$ TREE similiar to the ones at Container Store again with bright stripes and paisley designs) It has to be bright and fun so I don't get bored
My file folders are labeled as:
receipts I only keep them 1 month past show date. (in case I misread and ordered wrong I have my cons, copy)
To Do Later (this holds things I can put off for 1-2 days)
Read Later (papers that don't need my attention immediately)
Taxes (receipts for supplies )
Phone Lists (any church directories, school directories, dance directories etc)
To Copy (things I need to make copies off at a later date OOF or host flyers )
Originals (flyers from this site or OOF that I have my info on)
Seasonal (flyers I use for recruiting or special promotions I offer)
Maybe some of these tips will help

Thanks Becky and Teresa! I will add these to what I've started so far. I love the idea of having each ind. host folder, grabbing it before the show. I think I'll put the Thank you note in there so I can mail it on the way home. I hate getting those out late.

Ok...here's what I have.
They are all color coded in hot pink, black, lime green and bright blue.
Host folders all pink, 3 files with everything that belongs in a host packet. In the front so that my daughter can dig in there and make host packets for me when I'm not home and I need to delegate. I'm putting a guide in there as to what goes into a host packet. So that she can follow along.

Next are different kinds of shows: Fundraiser, wedding registry, bridal

Next are Customer follow up & misc: Thank U and greeting cards, stickers, Cds/dvds

Next recruiting: enough said.

Next: Downline training and recruit info

I'm still a long way from finished....but thanks for the ideas. I definitely need a receipt/taxes file, things to do, read, file, etc. Love all of your ideas...
Keep 'em coming, this is def. a work in progress.

I think it would just be easier to move. LOL (Really, it's NOT even funny!) Anyone want to come and help me pack?

I have a 3 tier filer on my wall that contains (things that I need all the time access to)
tier 1- folders for copies of everything that goes in a host packet, so it's easy to access, and my host check list information sheets in a folder, business opportunity folder
tier 2- wedding folder, fundraising folder, gift certificate folder
tier 3-current receipts for my business (food, supplies, etc.)

In a filefolder box I keep things I don't need access to all the time: (all in separate folders)
1. receipts for my PC products
2. customer original receipts (only hold for one month)
3. Holiday folder
4. fairs/events
5. show recipes (I keep printed ones that I have written notes on for myself)

I carry an expanding file folder in my bag with me to shows with labels:
1. business opportunity
2. outside order forms
3. gift certificate
4. Bridal

I then keep my host tally book in the back of the file folder with drawing slips and put recipe cards in the front to hand out at shows.

My office fits neatly inside my closet with my rolltop desk.

For my PC files, here's what I have for folders: I keep a list in a word doc so I can easily see what files I have.

44 Friends In 4 Minutes
Advertising
Bookings
Business Success
Consultant Planner
Cooking Show Planning Guide
Customer Care
Directorship
Dream Escapes
Fairs
Food Bank Coordinator
Fundraising
Guest Care Cards
Host Coaching
Host Information Sheets
National Conference 2008
Outside Order Forms
Packing Slips
Party Date Cards
Party Materials
Power Cooking
Quick Tips
Recipes
Recruiting Materials
Scripts
Show Order Forms
Specials Flyers
Supply Orders
Table Talk Tele-Classes
Thank You Notes
Training
Wish List

jbdowd0798 said:
Tabs?? Well I have 2 'systems' per say. One I have file folders label "January-December" and each month I have folders for each host. That way I can pull a folder and off I go to a show. it has an envelope for checks, my 5 question check out (little reminder for myself), the recipe, and also anything else "paper-ish" I need to bring. then I have folders that have recipes that I had xeroxed for shows, replacement forms in case a customer wants to do it vs me doing it for them, host forms, customer information forms, recruiting, etc.

Then I have binders that are labeled: Incentives, Customer Care Log, Bookings, Recipe Cards, Hosts, etc. I have about 10 binders or so.

I'm organized and getting there more but I need to do more calls! lol 3-2-1 is in sight.

Can you please share you questions??

Those are great tips everyone!! Thanks for starting this thread. I love your idea Becky of a folder for each host. Will have to integrate that into my system. I need to come up with a system for current things as well. I like the idea of pretty and bright folders, Teresa. Will have to integrate that into my current things system.

One bit of advice. I've been a secretary for most of my working life. A lot of people like to use the left, center, right tabs. It's actually easier to find things if you have all of your tabs lined up, one right behind the other.One thing I do is to use left tabs for one category, center tabs for another, and right for another. Again, it helps you to find things quickly.

I've never thought of that! Thanks for the tip Rae. Now...should I go through and change all of my folders? Hmmm......;)

raebates said:
One bit of advice. I've been a secretary for most of my working life. A lot of people like to use the left, center, right tabs. It's actually easier to find things if you have all of your tabs lined up, one right behind the other.

One thing I do is to use left tabs for one category, center tabs for another, and right for another. Again, it helps you to find things quickly.

That's how I did it, I like it!

What are the top tips for organizing a filing cabinet?

The top tips for organizing a filing cabinet include grouping similar documents together, labeling each file clearly, regularly purging unnecessary documents, creating a system for incoming and outgoing papers, and utilizing dividers or folders to keep files organized.

How often should a filing cabinet be organized?

It is recommended to organize a filing cabinet at least once a year. However, if your filing cabinet becomes cluttered or difficult to navigate, it may be necessary to organize it more frequently.

What are some common mistakes people make when organizing a filing cabinet?

Some common mistakes people make when organizing a filing cabinet include not purging unnecessary documents, not labeling files clearly, not having a system in place for incoming and outgoing papers, and not regularly maintaining the organization of the filing cabinet.

What is the best way to label files in a filing cabinet?

The best way to label files in a filing cabinet is to use clear and concise labels that accurately describe the contents of the file. It is also helpful to use a consistent labeling system throughout the entire filing cabinet.

What should I do with old or outdated documents in my filing cabinet?

Old or outdated documents in a filing cabinet should be purged regularly to make room for new documents. Shredding or recycling these documents is the best way to dispose of them securely. It is also important to review and update files regularly to ensure they are still relevant and necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abrahamlaur
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • emo812
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • ChefZee