• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips on Getting Organized for a New Consultant

In summary, Erin is looking for an organizing system to help her with her PC stuff, but is open to trying something new. She has found some things on the web, but is looking for something geared specifically for a New consultant. She has tried a tickler file and a contact tracking program, but is looking for something more adaptable. She has a two-drawer filing cabinet with orange folders for her PC stuff and brown folders for her personal stuff. She has a binder for recruitment, a binder for hosting, a binder for her Dream Team, and a binder for newsletters and flyers.
emo812
Hi! I'm looking for an organizing system to get my PC stuff together. I've found a few things on here but I'm looking for something geared for a New consultant. Most of the stuff I have found is for directors and higher ups.
I want to do some sort of binder system as well as something with hanging files too.

Any tips would be welcome. I just feel like I'm not getting very far in my business because I don't have a system or routine in place yet!!

Thanks,
Erin

The problem with organizing systems is that what works for me might not work for you. At various times I've used what is often called a tickler file. You can do this either in a binder or with hanging files. You label files (or binder pockets) 1 through 31 and January through December. Say I have three things today that I want to follow up on in the future. One is for this month on the 20th. I'll place that in the file labeled "20." The second is for November 10. I'll put that in the November file. The third is for sometime in May. I'll put that in the May file. When November rolls around, I'll take everything out of the November file and put it in the appropriate day. If I don't have a specific day, I'll choose one at that time. Does that make sense?The most important thing about any organizing system is to use it. Adapt it to your personal style. For me, unless I find something tremendously frustrating right away, I try to give it six months. At that point I evaluate. If it isn't easy to maintain, try another system. Best wishes on your business!

What I have recently started doing is taping/stapling the door prize drawing slip to a piece of lined paper. If they are a booking (or booking lead) I put it into a booking binder. If they are just a customer, I put them into a customer care folder. If you have recruit leads, they can go into a separate binder as well.

So basically, I use the dividers and label them January through December. If I have a booking lead that says, "maybe in November," I put them in the October section. If they are just a customer, I put them in a spot a month or so out from the party they were at so I can follow up with them to see if they are happy with the products. When I do call them, I offer them the booking opportunity again or ask if I can continue to follow up with them in the future. Then I move them to the appropriate spot.

Rae is right though, what works for me doesn't always work for everyone. Good luck getting organized!

(ETA: I tape the DPDS on the paper so I can make notes when I do contact them again)

Last edited:
I've tried different things in the past and right now, my goal is to have the least amount of paper I can possibly have. I have found a tremendous contact tracking program (oprius.com) that has helped me eliminate all of my show receipts. I wish I had of used it from the beginning. You can also use PP/PP3 for tracking your contacts, but it never worked for me. There are many systems you can use, just find one that works for you. I believe that tracking your contacts is the #1 thing you need to get under control as you begin your PC business.

Now, for other papers, I did have a binder system at one time. I've attached the listing (Business in a Binder contents) for you.

At the moment, I have a combination of file folders and binders. I have a 2-drawer filing cabinet. One drawer is for PC stuff and I use orange folders. The other, I use brown folders for all my personal stuff. I've attached my listing of those files for you (both PC and personal files).

The binders I have right now are:
- Recipe for Success - I have here the old and new PC business guides, any notes I have taken during coaching calls, meetings or conference go in the appropriate section.
- Recruiting binder - Info on recruiting and business cards from different consultants about why they joined and are in the business.
- Host binder - Host information sheets for all upcoming shows.
- Dream Team binder - all info about the Dream Team I am on with my Director.
- There are others, but I'm not home right now and can't think of what they are.
- Newsletters/flyers binder - I have monthly tabs here with CN, specials, newsletters filed behind the appropriate months. I go through it once in a while when it gets full and purge old info.

Anyway, I hope I have given you a few ideas....sorry for the long post!

Have fun getting organized!

Attachments

• Business in a Binder contents.doc
    23 KB · Views: 540
  • My files.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 313
Thanks for the tips and files Marie!! They are very helpful.

I do have a question to the person who made Business in a Binder. Where can you find most of the paperwork. I am a consultant of 4 months now. I need to get organized so bad. I am trying to follow for the binders but I can't get my hand on some of items on the list. Can someone help and guide me in the right direction?

Thanks so much in advance.

Rachel

rbvernon said:
I do have a question to the person who made Business in a Binder. Where can you find most of the paperwork. I am a consultant of 4 months now. I need to get organized so bad. I am trying to follow for the binders but I can't get my hand on some of items on the list. Can someone help and guide me in the right direction?

Thanks so much in advance.

Rachel

I'd love to help you out, Rachel. What is it you're looking for? Email me if you like at [email protected] and maybe I can email you some of the things you are looking for.

1. How can I keep track of my inventory as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's important to stay organized with your inventory. One tip is to create a spreadsheet or use a inventory tracking app to keep track of what products you have on hand. You can also use the Pampered Chef consultant app to easily scan and track your inventory.

2. What is the best way to keep track of my upcoming parties and events?

To stay organized with your parties and events, it's helpful to create a calendar specifically for your Pampered Chef business. You can also use the Pampered Chef consultant app to schedule and track your parties and events. Additionally, setting reminders on your phone or computer can help you stay on top of upcoming events.

3. How can I effectively manage my contacts and customer information?

One way to manage your contacts and customer information is to create a digital or physical filing system. You can also use the Pampered Chef consultant app to keep track of your customers and their orders. It's important to regularly update and organize your contacts to stay on top of your business.

4. What are some tips for organizing my product displays at parties?

When setting up your product displays at parties, it's important to have a clear and organized layout. Use labeled bins or baskets to group similar products together and make it easy for customers to find what they're looking for. You can also use risers or shelves to create different levels and add visual interest to your displays.

5. How can I stay on top of my paperwork and orders as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's crucial to have a system in place for managing paperwork and orders. One tip is to designate a specific time each week to process orders and update your paperwork. You can also use the Pampered Chef consultant app to easily track and manage your orders. Additionally, keeping a physical or digital filing system can help you stay organized with important paperwork.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jnnfrc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Amyla324
  • cs25
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • riggs62