• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Organize Your "People Stuff"?

In summary, the conversation is about organizing and keeping track of hosts and host information for a direct sales business. Some people use a file box with index cards and dividers but are having trouble keeping it organized. Others use binders or folders with tabs for each month and past hosts. Some also use a fill-in form for host information provided by the company.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm usually really good at organizing. But lately I'm failing myself. I have no problem organizing all of my paperwork, but when it comes to the "people part" I'm completly lost right now and I NEED SOME HELP!!

When I say people part - I'm referring to Hosts (current, near future, more distant future, the maybe's, and the call me 6 months from now people). Also my recruit leads (again: current, maybes.....) I haven't had any trouble with this until the past few months, which coincidentaly is when I became much more busy (hooray!).

I tried somehting I heard about at conference - Business in a box is what I think it's called. This is when you have a file box with 4x6 cards and tabs in the front numbered 1-31 for the current month's dates and Jan-Dec tabs in the back where you pull from each month and file to for future months. Sounds great - huh? Well, I thought so too.....but it's just not working for me! I find that I have all these great tabs and my cards are all jammed in the front in no particular order. Plus, since I'm using index cards I forget to write info on them.

Does anyone use the Host Info sheets that PC provides for us? How do you keep them filed and keep track of everything?

Has anyone made their own that you want to share?

This is really bothering me. Help please!!!

Linda,

If you're using a 4x6 file box, the DPS will fit in there, so you don't have to rewrite info that you get from guests or from fairs. You may need to make your dividers a little taller (tape on a 1/2" piece of index card to the bottom) so that they show above the DPS, but it does work. And there's surprisingly more room on those little forms than it looks like there is (for notes).

I'm also really bad about keeping track of people. I don't actually use the host info sheet - I've got one that a cluster-mate typed up. It's based on the one from HO, but has a few more things on it. And I use file folders as notepads. When I book a show, I start a file for that show. All notes from phone calls just go right on the folder - no more looking for scratch paper. And then everything's right there. I also print emails I get from hosts and pop those into the folder, too. After I submit the show, I put in the "Show Order Form" from PP, and a copy of all the receipts. After it's been delivered and I've checked with the host that everything's Ok, I write her PHD on the folder and file it alphabetically by name. That way I can find it again if I need to. :)

Attachments

• HOST INFORMATION.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 590
I track everything in PP Contact Management. You can keep notes, flag for followups, get host coaching reminders, etc.

Works for me!

So here goes and remeber that this works for me....(Iam a very visual person).

I use regular manila folders for each host. I put their name and show number on the tab that sticks up. When opened the folder has the Host sheet PC has stapled to the left side. All the orders go on the right........outside orders or web orders in the back and show orders in the front. The host's order then goes on the top. I file them in my filing cabinet based on show number, newest in the front.

HTH!

I have all of my Host information sheets in a binder- tab inserts for each month, and then past hosts in the back. It works great for me.

I do the binder thing too, seperated by month. Then I put my call backs in there too in the month to call them so I remember!!! I put my past hostesses towards the back so I can call them in the future when I need bookings.

This is easy for me to carry in the car and make calls on the run.

I do make folders for the actual receipts and misc things, they get filed in order of show when closed. then when i need to make cust care calls i can just pull a folder or two and call

pamperedlinda said:
Does anyone use the Host Info sheets that PC provides for us? How do you keep them filed and keep track of everything?

I took the PDF that HO provides for the Host Information Form (download from Download Center on CC) and created a fill-in form. Using Acrobat Reader you could fill the entire form out on your computer and print it. Unfortunately with the "Reader" version you can't save the file. However if you have the full Acrobat Professional version you can (which is what I do). If anyone is interested in my fill-in version, let me know. You just tab through the entire form.

Tanya

These are some great ideas, thanks for posting. So far I've downloaded several different Host Info sheets that I found in the files (and yours too Ann) and I think I'm going to creat a new one with info taken from all of these. I'm hoping that this will help.

As for using PP contact manager - don't the reminders only come-up when you open the program? I usually leave mine open all the time and only get the reminders when I re-open it. Is that how it works or am I doing something wrong? I guess I should take a tele-class and learn more about this system that is provided to me for free.

Keep the ideas coming, you all have given some great ideas.

Thanks tons!

Linda,Go to contacts and check action items to see what you have in your reminders.

Sidrits,
I'd love to use your fill out form.

I keep a binder; it has the month tabs and the day tabs after the current month. Each contact has a notebook paper with notes and I put their paper behind the #date I need to call them. Tommorrow I'll open date 9 & call those people after reading my notes. If someone asks me to call them after Jan 1 I wite it down & put their paper behind the Jan tab. At days end I put the current day behind the nxt months tab(for now Dec). People I didn't get ahold of go in the next day (10). I find this keeps me from getting overwhelmed & stay focused on the task at hand and notebok paper gives me plenty of room for notes and record contact dates. I record all contact: emails, mail out holiday mncat ect. Host are in the same system so I do my 3 calls and post show their Hostess info sheet is alphabetized, but thier notebook paper goes out to the March tab when I'll contact them next about new products released. The show receipts are filed by date in my filing cabinet. I hope that's clear???? I am meticulously organized and get depressed around clutter and chaios.

erinyourpclady said:
So here goes and remeber that this works for me....(Iam a very visual person).

I use regular manila folders for each host. I put their name and show number on the tab that sticks up. When opened the folder has the Host sheet PC has stapled to the left side. All the orders go on the right........outside orders or web orders in the back and show orders in the front. The host's order then goes on the top. I file them in my filing cabinet based on show number, newest in the front.

HTH!

I too use the manila file folders and put their name and show date on the tab that sticks up. I keep all their order sheets and a copy of what recipes I make so that if they decide to host another show down the road, I know what NOT to make the second time and make new and exciting recipes!!! I also keep what survey slips come from those shows in the folder too, with the ones that DEFINETELY want to host/book. So far that is what I have in my folders. I don't know if the filing them by show number would work, especially if they want to host another show in the future. I just figured I would use their same folder and that way cut down and the number of folders in my cabinet.

:rolleyes:

siderits said:
I took the PDF that HO provides for the Host Information Form (download from Download Center on CC) and created a fill-in form. Using Acrobat Reader you could fill the entire form out on your computer and print it. Unfortunately with the "Reader" version you can't save the file. However if you have the full Acrobat Professional version you can (which is what I do). If anyone is interested in my fill-in version, let me know. You just tab through the entire form.

Tanya

I would be interested in the fill-in version
thanks
Melinda

Just bumping this thread because it has some good ideas and I have a question.Those of you who file hosts alphabetically...what do you do with multiple shows by the same host? Just file multiple files in their name?Also, I'm wondering what you all do with your draw slips. Most of the ones I've received so far have someone's first name, but not last name, and if they didn't order, I don't have their info. I tell all of my guests that only completed draw slips will be entered into the draw, but it's not working and I'm not sure what to do with these slips. They all say "no" (surprise!) so should I just chuck 'em?

OK....HERE GOES JILLEYSUE. I have started with the binder just getting started, but I can see the file folders being the most useful and acurate way of keeping track of hosts. I will most likely use this system FOR NOW..and I do say FOR NOW...because based on my experience if we use what has been provided for us...the electronic version of what we have will save us soooo much time. If we have more time, we can make our businesses be EXTRA ORDINARY!!!!

Now because I don't have many hosts yet. It is hard for me to play around with PP and I don't really want to get into PP to much until P3 comes out. Well until I get it. I have had about 8 shows and I call them mini shows and I am just familiarizing myself with entering the shows and getting everything right etc. I pretty much taught myself in a night. I was bound and determined. I stayed up all night one night. HAHAHAHA. If you ask Caroyln, I was sooo eager to get going after being known as a (SNIFFLE) Kit napper, I even figured out my CC number and password. Some how I figured it out. I was on CC for hours, but I did it. Once I get every thing down, I will use P3 I am sure, because being the organization freak that I am ...I am betting (oh and I am a VISUAL person too), this P3 once we get use to it will help us organize every issue when it comes to our "PEOPLE ISSUES"!

My BF's company was all Paper 7 years ago. No computers, no compliance. In that time, we have turned everything into electronic. It was hard. Noone wanted change. EVERYONE LOVED PAPER and LOVED their file folders....LOL. Kinda like Carolyn's recipts that she finally shredded....LOL.

For now, I really like the idea of the file folders. That seems really organized and keeps all the information in one area, however, it gives you no idea of when to call people and when their year is up..etc etc. If we spend more time trying to put as much info into PP and really using the reminder part and the call part. I think it would really help. I know it can be a pain to log in and log out, but if those pop ups jog your memory to call someone...wouldn't it be worth it?

Last edited:
I totally agree Jill - my full-time job is an entirely paperless company...although it is difficult to be paperless in HR! I'm not used to having all this paper. When I first started, I had to print dozens of flyers and OOFs, etc...because I didn't have a printer - I had to print lots at once whenever I saw my parents. Now I have a printer and I just want this paper to be GONE so I can print what I need when I need it.The tough part for me is knowing how to use PP. I think you're right though - I'm going to wait until P3 comes out and then really play with it and see what I can get it to do.

Oh Yes..thank god. I agree. Printing all this stuff is crazy. The flyers and things to make your business pop are one thing for the guests....but if we can get away from the host folders etc etc...I would love to help consultants organize that part and give tips any way I can.
I mean I have to do stuff for employees as well in HR and Compliance, but I do as much as I can Electronic. Some just have a hard time.....not holding something, but if the transition is with us all and slow and easy and everyone sees that it does save time and we all make money.....well than I think I can help convince EVERYONE!!!!!! Right (GRINNING)
You all did trust me on the desk cleaning..heheheheheehe (blushing)

Mine might not work for everyone, but I write who I need to call and the # on my calendar. When I check it everyday I know who to call. Once I talk to the person I schedule the next call on my calendar. If it is a host I write each call (show date, one day before, one week before, two weeks before) down so I don't forget. I also keep a small sterilite container with DPDS and 4x6 cards with any extra information that I pull before I call so I can write down any new info and be caught up. Hope this helps!

Yes I have a to do list as well as work, but I use this once it pops up from my computer software.
Every morning I pull out my PC pad and write down calls I should or need to make and carry it around with me or in this cute journal I bought and cross them off as I Go.

1. How do I keep track of my contacts and customers?

We recommend using a digital tool such as a customer relationship management (CRM) system to organize your contacts and customers. This will allow you to easily store and access their information, track interactions, and categorize them for targeted communication.

2. What is the best way to store and organize my team's information?

We suggest creating a shared digital folder or using a project management tool like Trello to keep track of your team's information. This will allow for easy collaboration and access to important documents and resources.

3. How can I keep track of important deadlines and tasks?

We recommend using a calendar or task management tool to keep track of important deadlines and tasks. This will help you stay organized and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

4. How can I effectively communicate with my team and customers?

We suggest using a combination of email, social media, and video conferencing tools to effectively communicate with your team and customers. This will allow for efficient and timely communication, no matter the distance.

5. How can I ensure the security and privacy of my team and customer information?

We recommend implementing strict security measures, such as password protection and limited access to sensitive information. Additionally, make sure to regularly review and update your security protocols to stay ahead of any potential threats.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefZee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • PamperedK