• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Struggles - Credit Card Error Message

In summary, HO is aware of the problem and says that it should not affect the submission of orders. However, because this error message is a known issue, they suggest that customers contact Tech Support if they experience it.
sklay723
Gold Member
OK, so I had my Open House on Sunday and I was going to enter and submit my orders last night...when I went to the "Finish" tab, it popped up a message that said two or more credit cards with matching numbers had non-matching expiration dates. Say what??? I spent more than 1/2 an hour calling my guests again and asking to confirm the cc numbers they had given me...how embarrassing. I blamed it on myself, of course, thinking I had put the wrong number in somehow, but I couldn't figure out what the error message really meant. No matter what I did, it didn't fix the problem.
WELL...I just spoke with a very nice man at Tech Support, and he told me that this is a "known issue" and that it should not affect the order being submitted. Geez! That would have saved me some trouble. Why can't HO send out an email that says something about this sort of problem, especially when they KNOW it's a problem??? I'm not terribly upset, but it sure would be nice if they could give us a heads up for things like that so I'm not wracking my brain...good thing I was trying to submit it early, so that I'm not struggling with it to get my tablecloth before deadline! :chef:

I noticed the same message come up on mine for the show I have open right now.

A tip is that if it's a yellow warning, you can still finalize and submit. A red warning will prevent you from submitting it at all. Because this error came up as yellow, I was planning to ignore it. Thanks for posting the response you got from HO.

I noticed that as well on a current catalog show I have going on - all the orders have been PWS online orders that I've copied over - I went back to double check the credit cards and erased them and put them back in again and the error message went away.

I had that happen to me a few weeks ago and deleted the numbers and then put them back in and it went away. I don't know why HO isn't letting us know of some of these problems. I thought it was me entering the number wrong and now that the number disappears once you put it in I couldn't tell if I did it wrong or not. Then when shipping was very slow I became paranoid that the numbers were wrong again and was wondering why HO didn't call or e-mail me. Turns out everything was fine and that I just had to wait for HO to process the show.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had with submitting your orders. It can definitely be frustrating when technology doesn't work the way we expect it to. I'm glad you were able to speak with someone at Tech Support and get some clarification on the issue. It would definitely be helpful if HO could send out a notice about known issues like this so we can avoid any unnecessary stress. I hope your Open House was a success and you were able to get your tablecloth before the deadline. Happy cooking!

What is an "Open House Struggles - Credit Card Error Message"?

An "Open House Struggles - Credit Card Error Message" is an error message that can occur when trying to make a purchase or payment with a credit card during an open house event. This message indicates that there was an issue with the credit card transaction and it was not processed successfully.

Why am I receiving this error message during an open house?

There are a few possible reasons for receiving this error message during an open house. It could be due to an incorrect credit card number, expiration date, or security code entered. It could also be because the credit card is not authorized for the specific transaction or there are insufficient funds in the account.

What should I do if I receive this error message?

If you receive this error message, double check the credit card information you entered to make sure it is correct. If everything is correct, you may need to contact your credit card company to ensure the card is authorized for the transaction and has sufficient funds. You can also try using a different credit card or payment method.

Will I be able to make a purchase or payment if I receive this error message?

If you receive this error message, your credit card transaction was not successful and you will not be able to make a purchase or payment using that credit card. You will need to resolve the issue or use a different payment method.

How can I avoid receiving this error message during an open house?

To avoid receiving this error message during an open house, make sure to enter the correct credit card information and ensure that the card is authorized for the specific transaction. Also, make sure there are sufficient funds in the account. If you continue to experience issues, you may need to contact your credit card company for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • wadesgirl