• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"One of the Biggest Announcements" Speculation??

In summary, at Spring launch there will be an announcement about an app for iphone, ipad, and droid devices. There is a promotion to win an Ipad or I touch.
cookn' katie
Any guesses on the big announcement?? They said it is one of the biggest ever.....
From what the National Execs are saying, it is huge....
My speculations are a better fundraiser, raise or buying out another company....Any guesses?

Of course, one announcement will be an app for iphone, ipad, droid devices. They have been doing everything but saying it out loud. I am not sure if this is the BIG announcement or not.

jbondr said:
Of course, one announcement will be an app for iphone, ipad, droid devices. They have been doing everything but saying it out loud. I am not sure if this is the BIG announcement or not.

At the new director luncheon the man from HO made it seem like this was a ways off due to everyone needing Wi Fi.... I would just like to be able to put P3 on a notebook/tablet and take to shows! Then transfer it when I get home!! But I love the idea, a Ipad as a tax deduction!!

A PC app would be great! Thinking back on past events and season changes that would be a pretty big anouncement. It just seems logical at this point, there is an app for everything. AND there is a promotion to win an Ipad or I touch..........

Last edited:
I don't think the app will be the biggest announcement. I think there's something even bigger ;)

As I mentioned on another thread, I wonder if they might raise product prices a bit and "drop" shipping charges. That would be huge!!

ShelbyMichalek said:
I don't think the app will be the biggest announcement. I think there's something even bigger ;)

I agree... Either way, an app would be a huge announcement to ME!

With the economy the way it is, I doubt it is a raise. Personally I do not think an app is all that great but that is me. Buying out another company, again the economic times make that also seem doubtful. Maybe a drop in the cost of websites? That would be cool. Again, something monetary for us would be big. I guess we won't know until we know! Feb 4 HURRY!!!!

I am also thinking that they are going to put pp3 and pampered chef together as one , some other direct selling company's have them . Along with an app .,
So dropping pp3 but keeping every thing together as 1
But we will know in a few weeks

I posted this in another thread ("Spring Launch Teaser"), but here it is again.
It was from my NED.
I'm just back from Exec Sem and not in my desk chair more than 30 minutes yet... After seeing and hearing what I just learned at Exec Seminar, you probably have heard by now there's an announcement at Spring Launch is sure gonna make you happy, that's all I can say! Your life quite possibly will never be the same.... oh, gosh! It's gonna be a GREAT year! The National gave Home Office three standing ovations if that's any indication of how wonderful the news is...I'll try to give more tips on my Facebook page, but you know I'm sworn to secrecy so I really can only encourage you to attend Spring launch if at ALL possible!Here's the first tip from my FB page and my new tip for today:Tip 1: It's about time, but it's not a watch!
Tip 2: You'll be able to drop something without breaking anything.
(And I've checked her FB page, no new tips/hints)Reading the comments about dropping the P3 program now made me think of it again (tip 2). I really hope that whatever they do with P3, we can still use it at a host's home WITHOUT access to internet. Otherwise, it would be useless to most of us. I can't afford mobile WiFi for my laptop or even iPad. :) It would be nice to have some P3 app for the iPad, so I could enter shows or orders on the go easily and without carrying my laptop (which would cost more to replace if broken!). I would then reenter it on my laptop P3 - so my records were in ONE place (unless they made a way to sync the data...haha...hardly likely with PC at this point.)We shall see! I have 10 days to wait.

I'm going to guess what Tip 1 means... Tip 1: It's about time..... you can interpret it as FINALLY! We've waited long enough so it's about time!

Bobbi - infared technologies make it possible to simply set your iPad or iPhone or even a laptop down next to another laptop or even desktops can have infared technologies, and transfer the info without a cable! No kidding and if PC is on that path, the January Consultant special really makes sense - this would be a major time saver as you would never have to download and reload or rekey info from a portable device like an iPad or laptop to your computer again. It would take a mere few minutes rather than an hour or so... TIME.
As far as something you can drop but never break - this could mean something NOT physical. It could be dropping a procedure we do regularly that is time consuming. It could mean dropping a charge of some kind for our customers that would make sales even easier. So there are a hundred different things it could be. Now I really can't wait until the 4th! I am using the 4th as my RE-KICK off point! I am gathering all my old Season's Bests and labeling them and placing the March Host flier into each - as soon as I can afford ink for my printer - and I will begin a push of those to people I do NOT know. So whatever it is, I hope it brings me luck!!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I'm going to guess what Tip 1 means...

Tip 1: It's about time..... you can interpret it as FINALLY! We've waited long enough so it's about time!

LOL...I never thought of it that way.

Maybe take pictures of checks and pictures of credit cards - not having to enter the info? Some banks do that for deposits. What if we could do that and not have to enter guest info - just snap a picture of their check or Ccard and send those to PC - it would automatically enter their name, address, phone? Email? Could we dream that too??Or what if we actually have some kind of electronic order form? Not having folks fill out NCR paper to order would be awesome! Folks could just do it from their phone/laptop/tablet. It's fun to think about. I think I'll get back to work on inputting my customer contacts from shows past. God Bless! -Scott

More tips from Chris

Team Manion - Pampered Chef
Spring Launch Tip Update
Tip 1: It's about time but it's not a watch.
Tip 2: who remembers this one?
Tip 3: We'll be rolling out something besides dough.

I heard we need to make sure that our PWS is updated with all of our contact info.

You don't suppose it is another type of rolling cart? Maybe one that is half the size of the current one? Just in time for the carry less sell more thing to really push through? Scott - I love you theory! No more order forms would be so great!!! Now I just need some money to get the hardware to do that!

I am still thinking and hoping that they are integrating P3, our websites, and an app. into something new. I heard somewhere that they spent millions to do whatever it is that they are announcing. It would go in line with this month's promotions and the tips from the Executives.

"rolling out" to me indicates software or new apps. We'll see - 8 more days.

A buy out or a merger of/with another company, although highly unlikely, may not be that far off base... Scentsy just rolled out last night that they are expanding their product line to scented cards, personal and laundry care items and in May they are adding Veleta which are fondue warmers and chocolate.... Willowhouse just started selling jewelry with their new spring catalog.... which looks remarkably like Silpada.

I'm not sure how I'd feel getting rid of P3... I wouldn't mind having an app for my Kindle Fire... or perhaps having to buy an iPad for convenience... but I like p3. :(

I'm so excited for Spring Launch now!!! Can't wait to hear all the news!

I don't think it's a merger or buyout since we're under Birkshire Hathoway but we never know now do we? My opinion is still tech. $2 million, the clues from HO and the execs, it all sounds like a big tech move. A tech support guy was helping me with a P3 issue and in our conversation he made the comment "in our new world...". I got an iPad last year and I plan to get an iPhone in February so I'm ready! Can't wait to know! ...but then we'll have to wait for it to actually happen! Hopefully March.

I may be way out in left field with this one, but could it have something to do with PC becoming a public company and we will be shareholders? Does that make any sense?

PamperedchefDaly said:
I may be way out in left field with this one, but could it have something to do with PC becoming a public company and we will be shareholders? Does that make any sense?

That makes sense... but aren't we already public to shareholders because we are part of BH?

And how does that help us as consultants?

They said it's been something consultants have been asking about for a long time now. They were dancing in the aisles when they heard the announcement. I'm guessing it has something to do with the technology, either a P3 enhancement that works with an App or a whole new system that can work on mobile devices or computers. Something that will make things simpler, easier, is my guess. If they've spent a lot of $ on it, it's most likely technology.

vanscootin said:
I'm not sure how I'd feel getting rid of P3... I wouldn't mind having an app for my Kindle Fire... or perhaps having to buy an iPad for convenience... but I like p3. :(

I'm so excited for Spring Launch now!!! Can't wait to hear all the news!

I don't have internet at home & would just like to be able to Submit shows via my phone. As much of pain it would be to type it all in on my phone (android) it would be nice not to have to pack up my kids and find a McD's.... :yuck:

We used to be able to submit via phone...I didn't have internet, but still used Pampered Partner on my computer...hooked into my phone line...I didn't know they had gotten rid of that feature.

I am hoping they have revamped the PC consumer website. It is so confusing for our customers and can really mess with our host's shows. So many other direct sales companies have a streamlined easy to understand website.

Roll out to me says software also...

I am pretty sure there will be an app. But an app does not take millions to develop. So I dont think thats the only big thing.
And for going public PC is allready public as we are under BH which is a public company. Now if they gave us shares of BH I will dance in the ailes!!!! LOL and if its class A shares I think I would faint!! Class A shares are over $115,000 each, class B is $79 a share.

The only problem is that some of you will hear it first and be sworn to secrecy until the rest of us hear! I do not know if I can wait two weeks!!

I hope they will make the personal websites a little easier to navigate. I don't like how they have to go to "order Products" to find the products.

cookingwithdawn said:
I hope they will make the personal websites a little easier to navigate. I don't like how they have to go to "order Products" to find the products.

I would like for the websites to be easier as well. I hate having to remind people that they need to double/triple check that they're on my website and they're ordering through their host. I feel like the customer thinks I'm calling them stupid - when I'm not!

If they would fix the personal websites from giving my commissions away, I'd subscribe again! That would be SO cool.
I can't see them getting rid of P3 and going completely to wireless smart phones & tablets. I know it's not in my budget - neither the device nor the wireless data plan to use it - and I suspect I'm not alone.

Has anyone seen those Credit card readers they have right on your phone now? I was doing a purchase at our local county fair with a jeweler and he literally just swiped my card somehow with his phone and my info was all entered...now that would be sweet if there was something like that, as long as it was all secure!!!!

kreaser said:
Has anyone seen those Credit card readers they have right on your phone now? I was doing a purchase at our local county fair with a jeweler and he literally just swiped my card somehow with his phone and my info was all entered...now that would be sweet if there was something like that, as long as it was all secure!!!!

Those are secure. I saw a show on with the guy who developed it and I can't remember his name but he was a BIG WIG in technology. He came up with the idea to help small businesses. Miche uses them I know. I would love that!

kreaser said:

Yep. I have one. It's a Square. You can download the app on your smartphone device (ipads too!) and they'll send you the card reader free. The only thing is, they charge a small percentage of the sale.

I have one too, i used it in my garage sale this summer. it was nice. i have a little problems with it sometimes. i have to swipe several times, it makes me look bad swiping the persons card over and over...no i'm not charging a dollar at a time lol

BethCooks4U said:
I don't think it's a merger or buyout since we're under Birkshire Hathoway but we never know now do we?

My opinion is still tech. $2 million, the clues from HO and the execs, it all sounds like a big tech move. A tech support guy was helping me with a P3 issue and in our conversation he made the comment "in our new world...".

I got an iPad last year and I plan to get an iPhone in February so I'm ready! Can't wait to know! ...but then we'll have to wait for it to actually happen! Hopefully March.

Funny you should mention that, when I was on the phone with tech support today the gentleman made a comment along the same lines! I really think it has to do with P3, our websites, and an app. I hope they revamp the websites to make it easier for people to order!

pampered1224 said:
The only problem is that some of you will hear it first and be sworn to secrecy until the rest of us hear! I do not know if I can wait two weeks!!

Just ask someone who has been to message you im going on the 28th :)

I think APP and revision of P3

MY P# is all of a sudden taking FOREVER to update- sure hope I am right

So I was just thinking...what if it's not just an app for us, but a public app! What if it was a free app people could download, then access the catalog, recipes, specials, etc. And then it prompted them to input their consultant so it would give credit to us when they purchase something. Just a thought...because this would be something that no other DS company has yet!

Last edited:
babywings76 said:
So I was just thinking...what if it's not just an app for us, but a public app! What if it was a free app people could download, then access the catalog, recipes, specials, etc. And then it prompted them to input their consultant so it would give credit to us when they purchase something. Just a thought...because this would be something that no other DS company has yet!

Ohhhh, I LOVE that thought!!! You are an out of the box thinker!:D

Love the idea of combining P3 and website and customers ordering from app. Lets take it further and maybe we will get a discount on the Ipad

babywings76 said:

Love this thought!

newatthis said:
Love the idea of combining P3 and website and customers ordering from app. Lets take it further and maybe we will get a discount on the Ipad

I think that is the recruiting promo ;)

maybe they'll drop the website fee to FREE for all of us!!!! Now that would be sweet!!!!!

I appreciate the thought ChefShalon but that takes all the excitement out of it for those of us going on the 4th! PLUS I know I need that excitement to move me forward in my business. It acts like a rocket on count down. I am getting there as I have already booked one party for March and am working on getting more. If the mystery and excitement remains for me until the 4th, I can work my business even better between now and then because it will be heard in my voice while I am on the phone or even in person, as I am talking and trying to book even more parties! Thank you for the offer to disclose but I think I will keep waiting. I did not realize until yesterday that I need that excitement. I have two booking from that party as I was able to get that excitement conveyed to my host's guests!

Last edited:
nancycookspc said:
I think APP and revision of P3

MY P# is all of a sudden taking FOREVER to update- sure hope I am right

Mine too! And I can't get it to sync with my PWS :mad:

Ok, so I don't get the whole app thing and all but....at my show on Saturday, had a gal ASK during the Stealing Hearts game if we HAD an app! She's super interested in signing and I think the app may be part of her deciding process! So, am hoping for an app (whatever that may be and I guess I'll learn why it's so great).

Thanks for posting that because I was just thinking that if it's a mobile app I'll have to try really hard to hide my disappointment. Oh yay, ANOTHER thing that those of us with dumb phones are left out of! But seeing that it could make the difference for some people makes the difference for me. Still if I had to dream it would be something for ALL of us, not just something for those who feel called to directorship and recruiting, have high sales, can afford websites, etc. Which for me would be a better fundraiser program, incorporating Relay for Life into Help Whip Cancer, a raise or submitting shows via consultant's corner or a revamp of P3.

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "One of the Biggest Announcements" Speculation?</h2><p>1. What is the big announcement going to be about?<br>2. When will the announcement be made?<br>3. Who will be making the announcement?<br>4. How will this announcement affect current Pampered Chef products and customers?<br>5. Can you give any hints or clues about the announcement?</p><h2>Any guesses on the big announcement?</h2><p>As an employee of Pampered Chef, I am not at liberty to make guesses or speculate about the big announcement. However, based on what the National Execs are saying, it is safe to say that it will be a significant and exciting development for the company.</p><h2>They said it is one of the biggest ever. What are your speculations?</h2><p>Again, I cannot make any speculations about the announcement. However, some possibilities could include a new product launch, a major partnership or collaboration, or a significant expansion into new markets.</p>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "One of the Biggest Announcements" Speculation?

1. What is the big announcement going to be about?
2. When will the announcement be made?
3. Who will be making the announcement?
4. How will this announcement affect current Pampered Chef products and customers?
5. Can you give any hints or clues about the announcement?

Any guesses on the big announcement?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, I am not at liberty to make guesses or speculate about the big announcement. However, based on what the National Execs are saying, it is safe to say that it will be a significant and exciting development for the company.

They said it is one of the biggest ever. What are your speculations?

Again, I cannot make any speculations about the announcement. However, some possibilities could include a new product launch, a major partnership or collaboration, or a significant expansion into new markets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedpals