• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked

In summary, the customer is unhappy with the style of the announcements and the company does not seem to be willing to do anything to make the customer happy.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
Is anyone else forced to use Jostens for their Senior announcements??

I just wonder if I'm being whiny or if I have a legit complaint??

We ordered the vellum inserts for our son. It was an extra $40 for the amount needed. I was ok with that. The school selects the style of announcement and we don't know until it arrives.

His order came yesterday, the announcements are horizontal the vellum vertical!! :cry:

They look so ridiculous, even my son said don't use those (there isn't any indication that they won't match or that vertical is the only way they are printed). The customer service rep is telling me they get complaints DAILY but she's sorry and it will still fit in the announcement. I asked to speak to a supervisor and if I mail them back they'll reimburse me but not pay postage.

You've got to be kidding me, I spent nearly $500 and you can't print them landscape, print a disclaimer in your catalog or at least communicate to the student they are going to be different styles???

The school rep didn't have a problem removing 2 things I wanted when we placed the order I ordered the covers they come in sets of 2 but he really didn't think I wanted 8 so he removed 2 sets !!

Just wondering if any other moms (or dads) are upset. They really have the market on this and for as long as they''ve been around it seems like an easy thing to provide.

Just wondering if anyone else is annoyed???

Yep, Jostens has a huge market it! I didn't use them with my son. I went to the local printers and had some GREAT announcements made. Ryan didn't care for the school solors on white...no other choices. His were 2003 in silver on black ~ they were BEAUTIFUL.

I'm a rebel...I didn't use the photographer of choice either. He took the picture for the yearbook and that's it. We have to purchase the commencement gowns...so when we got the gown and hat...we went to a local 1 hour photographer...SUPER CHEAP too! After we got the proofs from the school photographer...I took the proofs to this photograher and he did identical poses. Other than not having the "year" imprinted in the corner...they looked exactly the same. We bought "2003" mini stickers from Jostens and put those on the pics!

Saved TONS of $$$$ ~ if we bought the announcements, pictures, etc...it would have cost us over $1,200 (in our family EVERYONE gets a picture/annoucement...us, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. ~ Grandparents get an 8x10 and Aunts/Uncles get 5x7 ~ so the $$ adds up quickly!

We will be doing the same thing for Robyn when she graudates next year! Good luck!

oh yeah we don't use the school photographer (they are cheaper but we travel an hour to an awesome guy) we spent over $1,000 on photos but they are great pictures he does them from his house and he has a creek with rock ledges where he's done some of our shots of the boys and some where they were standing in the water his wife is a set designer for theaters so his settings outside are incredible.. The stupid envelope seals (need 2 per announcement) were $60 I know I just saw ones at the party store for about $3 a pack of 50
What a RIPOFF!

I didn't order the "official" announcements for my daughter. I will be ordering the picture ones from Sam's Club for a lot less money.

They don't have a paticular photographer we have to use so I used the one I have used for my children since they were babies. The price was so insane though! I only purchased 1 8x10, 4 5x7's and 100 wallets and it was about $450!! I was not happy to say the least since the quality was no different then what I had purchased from him for years. They just take advantage of you! Plus I think many people don't take their children to a professional photographer their entire life so they don't realize it's much cheaper when they aren't seniors in high school! Plus I think they buy like crazy because it's the first time they have purchased really nice pictures. I have beautiful photos of my kids through the years, and I'm so glad I have them. I have had so many people tell me they have never had really nice pictures of their kids taken until their senior pictures. My daughter said the same thing about many of her friends.

I think the more people refuse to purchase these things the lower the price will get. I really wanted to lie to the photoprapher and say, "No, she's a junior." I would have paid less then half of what I did!

I didn't order any from the school, we went to the printer and had some made. I didn't care that they were different than the others, they are just invitations to the graduation. Pictures that are used in the yearbook had to be taken by a certain company. I paid $15.00 setting fee to get 1 picture in the book. I made the rest of my sons pictures when he rented his tux for prom. Printed them at Wal-Mart, at first they thought they were professional, and really didn't want to print them. Had his name and year printed on them too. Got enough for invites, friends and family for under $50.00. I try to save as much as I can. I have 4 other children to buy for.

My parents did not pay for any of my senior year stuff. I did! My Dad was out of work at the time so I didn't feel right asking for the money for stuff like that. I bought my own cap and gown as well as the annoucements. The photographer was VERY expensive so I only have the proofs but I do have those! LOL! My parents really wanted me to go to Grad Night so they paid for that and the dress I wore under my gown.

OH...and what is up with class rings? My DSS just got one...we paid for half....200.00! The thing is that he in only a freshmen this year! I know we were not able to order them until we were juniors. I certainly hope he loves it because he is not getting another one!

Teresa Lynn said:
oh yeah we don't use the school photographer (they are cheaper but we travel an hour to an awesome guy) we spent over $1,000 on photos

Wow! I got tons of pics for less than $150! I would have spent with the photographer...over $1400!

Yep...those class rings are outragious too! I told my kids I would buy their COLLECGE class ring...yeah, more $ but them having a college degree is worth it!

Jostens I'm hackedMy niece got her 4 kids graduation rings at Walmart, might want to check there before you throw $400 out the window. She said they were much much more reasonable.

We forced our oldest son to buy a class ring thinking he would wear it once he had it.
2nd son never takes his off
and we get them (from Jostens) as juniors here too.

I just bought a kit from "Staples" and created my own on our home computer.... The kit came with quality cardstock and thank you's that matched and little "cap" stickers in 3D to put on all announcements oh and envelopes for all the stuff...... Check these out. They were in the isle for invitations and wedding stuff..
GOOD LUCK!!!

yeah, when I got my masters I went online and used a different printer. It was sOOOOOO much cheaper!

I wonder if Josten's is a division of Merrill or if Merrill is a division of Josten's?

Since Jostens has been around since I was in HS, 20 something years ago i'm guessing Merrill is "under them" HA!!

Kitchen2u said:
Yep, Jostens has a huge market it! I didn't use them with my son. I went to the local printers and had some GREAT announcements made. Ryan didn't care for the school solors on white...no other choices. His were 2003 in silver on black ~ they were BEAUTIFUL.

I'm a rebel...I didn't use the photographer of choice either. He took the picture for the yearbook and that's it. We have to purchase the commencement gowns...so when we got the gown and hat...we went to a local 1 hour photographer...SUPER CHEAP too! After we got the proofs from the school photographer...I took the proofs to this photograher and he did identical poses. Other than not having the "year" imprinted in the corner...they looked exactly the same. We bought "2003" mini stickers from Jostens and put those on the pics!

Saved TONS of $$$$ ~ if we bought the announcements, pictures, etc...it would have cost us over $1,200 (in our family EVERYONE gets a picture/annoucement...us, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. ~ Grandparents get an 8x10 and Aunts/Uncles get 5x7 ~ so the $$ adds up quickly!

We will be doing the same thing for Robyn when she graudates next year! Good luck!

Ginny - you know I'd totally be willing to photog Robyn for my portfolio!

What timing for this post..:) I just finished filling out my Josten's order form for my ds and will be faxing it in tomorrow. I figured that I just needed to order the cap and gown from them and I did order a small order of the announcements and figure that I will do picture invites for the BBQ that we have planned for the local people. It's absolutely crazy how expensive everything is! I guess this is one reason that I'm having a tough time coming up with the $ for conference...:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I wonder if Josten's is a division of Merrill or if Merrill is a division of Josten's?
Teresa Lynn said:
Since Jostens has been around since I was in HS, 20 something years ago i'm guessing Merrill is "under them" HA!!
Anybody can buy anybody these days, but the point was, what happens when an imposed monopoly denies us a choice?

yes, I knew what you meant
its just amusing to my kids that we had Jostens for class rings, and announcements back in the old days of the 80's when we graduated

Not to mention, back in the dark ages of the '60s. I came across my class ring the other day - it seems so plain compared to what they're doing these days.

We did not order announcements from Jostens. My daughter is very artsy and wants to design her own....so much cheaper and they will be one of a kind.

After getting the proofs from the school photographer. Prices were SO stinking expensive! Then I remembered a past host that was doing photography. She is awesome and 75% cheaper!!!

Did buy the cap and gown...because we had to. Another way to get money from parents that are already paying hand over fist this year!! When I graduated, we paid a small rental fee.

my daughter graduates this year as well...I refused to use Josten's for the announcements...They sent out the packet to us 9 days before the deadline...right before Christmas! We had 9 days to place our order. I think they do that so you panick and don't take time to see if you can make them yourself. Well, I let the deadline pass, then another deadline was posted...I let that pass, and then a 3rd deadline was posted. I finally ordered the cap and gown only. We are making our own..I didn't use photographer either. All are rip offs. Sams Club has awesome photo invites you can make..and cheap too. Thats what we're doing. I don't even use the school photographer for my elementary school age kids...I take them to JC penney's where my senior works and for 7.99 we got a whole package done..I didn't buy any extra.

Hey Teresa: Do you have a Hallmark store around you near by? They have where you can order wedding and graduation invitations. They are really nice and you don't pay a lot for them. Good Luck!!

Our first deadline was at Christmas time too. It's just crazy! They would make more money if the price were more reasonable.

My neice is graduating this year and she ordered just 50 announcements from Jostens plus the cap and gown. They had to take CASH no credit cards and no checks in this week to pick up the announcements. Can you imagine over 100 seniors bringing all that cash to school to pick this stuff up???
We are making her party invites (got some stamps from Stampin' Up).

We order the announcements from Jostens, haven't received them yet. We didn't order the inserts. Had a neighbor take her senior pictures, who is a photographer and got them made at Sams. She didn't want a class ring or a letter jacket. She has a softball jacket that she wears. So far we haven't gotten a bill for the cap and gown. I think the school rents those. The place that makes the cap and gown is here in town.

If you find your class ring and it's gold, take it and sell it to a jeweler and get your money for conference!

I don't remember more than one deadline but maybe because we ordered by Oct. 9 (date we were given) and paid in full we weren't sent other reminders

Ordering from them and paying what they asked didn't bother me, (ok, maybe the stupid stickers are way overpriced) my gripe was that they can't do something as simple as priniting them in landscape mode for customers receiving that type of announcement. (or letting the student know it won't match) Granted it won't bother some parents... the lady is right it still fits in the announcement, but my son who is the easiest, laid back person I know did not want them mailed with his because they look weird.

The fact that she said they get complaints daily, should be a red flag to them to fix it and provide better cutomer service .

they have been in business for years this wasn't a one time "glitch" in an order, it seems to be an ongoing problem they have. DUH!!

Related to Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked

1. What is "Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked"?

"Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked" is likely a phishing scam or a fraudulent attempt to gain access to your personal information and accounts. It is not affiliated with Pampered Chef or Jostens.

2. How did this "Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked" message appear on my computer?

It is possible that you clicked on a malicious link or advertisement, or that your computer has been infected with malware. It is important to run a virus scan and to avoid clicking on suspicious links or pop-ups.

3. What should I do if I received this "Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked" message?

If you received this message, do not click on any links or provide any personal information. Instead, delete the message and run a virus scan on your computer. If you have already clicked on any links or provided personal information, contact your bank and credit card companies to alert them of potential fraud.

4. Can I trust any emails or messages claiming to be from Pampered Chef or Jostens?

No, it is important to always be cautious of suspicious emails or messages claiming to be from a company. If you are unsure, it is best to directly contact the company through their official website or customer service number.

5. How can I protect myself from scams like "Not Pampered Chef Jostens I'm Hacked"?

To protect yourself from scams and phishing attempts, make sure to regularly update your computer's security software, use strong and unique passwords for all of your online accounts, and avoid clicking on suspicious links or providing personal information to unknown sources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
ragschef
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies