• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Trip to London: Our Journey to Supportive Spouses

In summary, Ginny's husband changed his perspective after she went on her first PC trip and her husband was supportive. Her biggest obstacle was convincing him to join her on the trips. Ginny suggests telling people about your goal to earn the trip and breaking it down into manageable chunks.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Okay, Now that I've been home for almost a week and had time to sit back and reflect, I've really seen a HUGE change in my husband.

Although he was very supportive in the past he saw a different perspective on it. The biggest thing would be when I have to make phone calls, he's constantly saying "Do you have to do that tonight? Can't we watch a movie?"
So, it's like my business is always being put on hold.

Well, he returned to work and asked me for some catalogs. He brought them in and one lady wants a show and he said a couple others want to place an oder. Itold him if he does that, he'll get to pick out the free stuff! Well, we nearly own EVERYTHING so it's not that big of a deal except the points for the FREE TRIP!!!

We are now working on the cruise (of course we'll take London) for next year and he swears we'll never miss a FREE trip again.

So, for those of you that don't have a supportive spouse, show them what the trip is about! PC wines and dines and really thinks of everything. I'm so excited to see what this year has in store for us!

Thanks for listening!!!:D

I would SO like to earn a free trip for hubby and I for our 10th...don't know how I can do it working FT without jeopardizing that job, and in a small town with MANY active consultants... But, I wil try! I won't make it this year, but I'm hoping to build my business up this year to be ready for next year! I've always heard good things about the trips.

janetupnorth said:
I would SO like to earn a free trip for hubby and I for our 10th...don't know how I can do it working FT without jeopardizing that job, and in a small town with MANY active consultants... But, I wil try! I won't make it this year, but I'm hoping to build my business up this year to be ready for next year! I've always heard good things about the trips.

Don't rule it out Janet! In October, I was still $16k away and going through a HUGE crisis in my life. YOU CAN DO IT!!! TELL EVERYONE about your goal.

My dh is also not very supportive. He whines all the time because I'm on the phone so much. Going it alone pretty much bites the big one. At least I have an awesome director! And of course, all of you!

Yep ~ only takes ONE PC trip to turn their mind set around! LOL

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
Yep ~ only takes ONE PC trip to turn their mind set around! LOL

Ginny

You're absolutely right Ginny!

Kristi and I talked about this yesterday...it's so true.

My DH was saying "thank you" to me the whole time we were in SF. There was NO way we would have had the room in our budget to take a trip alone by ourselves. If I hadn't earned one, we would have never gone.

My DH also used to complain about time on the phone, but this week he hasn't at all. :) He was in awe of everything that was taken care of for us on our trip and at how many other successful consultants were there (I heard 900 were there). I wonder how many more are going to Atlantis!

We WILL be going on the cruise next year (I already have 30k points) and of course we would take London as well.

There is a teleclass that can help you set your goals to earn the trip--TAKE IT!!! When you break it down into manageable chunks and figure out what your monthly sales should be, it is TOTALLY achieveable!!

PampMomof3 said:
Don't rule it out Janet! In October, I was still $16k away and going through a HUGE crisis in my life. YOU CAN DO IT!!! TELL EVERYONE about your goal.

HOW did you do it? Was it thru recruiting? I'm just thinking that come Thanksgiving, if I don't have enough points I'll never get it. This is only April and I'm getting doubtful already. I am so open to hear everyone's advice. WHAT did you tell people? Just that you were trying to earn a trip? I'm in awe of you guys who manage to accomplish all of this!!:p

I'm glad you started this thread ... convince me why the trip (whichever trip it is) is a better reward to take than the gift card ... I know this sounds snotty and I in NO WAY want it to be taken that way... however... I want to earn at least the first trip level... I'm praying that I can, but I've been feeling like my family helps me SO much in my business, my kids fill lap boards, tote my stuff in and out, babysit for the younger siblings... the list is LONG ... so I'm leaning towards ...WHEN I earn a level that high... towards the gift card to get something that the whole family enjoys all year. SOrry this is so long but I want very much to hear you opinions on both sides of this... is the trip a "bigger" reward or is it just what each of us feels is right for each of our families at the given time. I LOVE to travel with my husband but I have children from age 25 to 3...and 2 dear little granddaughters I don't get to see much... does my question makle any sense???? Sorry to ramble

Diane, if the trip is a trip for 2, you can pay to "buy in" your children. So you can take them with you!

Diane, I'm a single mom of 3, and won't ever miss a trip. My business is certainly a whole family adventure, and we will always all go as a reward. I know that the gift certificate is more practical for a struggling single mom, but the trip is creating memories for our family that I'd never be able to do every year without PC paying for it.

Here's another outlook: I used to be married to a very, very wealthy man who lost everything. But he'll never lose the memories and experiences he gained while traveling. You could get fun or practical things with the gift certificate, but they'll never last forever the way the experiences and memories of a family trip will.

these are just the types of ideas I need to hear... please keep them coming... can anyone share... how much does it cost... ball park figure... to "buy in" the children say... for the cruise? 3 of the "kids" are older, 3 are younger and the oldest is already married.... anyone know how many you can buy in? We're like a package deal all on our own!!!!!!! :)

I Will always cherish the memories of our first PC trip!!! We had such an awesome time and yes, like others have said that items, come and go. I did earn the level one in my first 8 months and we used it towards Home Depot and paid for our rocks and landscaping in our front yard. We'll never forget that either. My dh had thought about the gc but we quickly changed our minds and we're so glad we did!!!:D

PC really takes care of you!:D

PampMomof3 said:
We are now working on the cruise (of course we'll take London) for next year and he swears we'll never miss a FREE trip again.

I love that you said that. I really want to get my husband on a trip so he can see and be more supportinve. He sounds a lot like your husband!

I'm spending about $1800 to take one kid as my guest and add 2 kids to Atlantis. But, I'm buying them in to both dinners (very, very expensive buy in), and the TPC treasure hunt/lunch. I'm also adding 4 days before the trip and traveling to Philadelphia so the kids can see their dad, and 6 days after the trip to visit family/have fun in Orlando. Also, we live in a rural location, so flying out of our town is always expensive by itself. I think there is some secret "flight allowance" so you can make those kind of changes and they will charge me the difference if I go over the alloted allowance. So, between flying from my rural town, going to Philly, then Philly to Nassau, then switching carriers to fly Nassau to Orlando, then back to the original carrier for Orlando home, they were very expensive tickets.

I don't think I spent quite that much adding my kids to the cruise last year, and I added Orlando to that trip, too. Next year should be cheaper because it is a cheaper (shorter, cheaper boat) trip. You will need to get a second cabin, but you might be able to get one with the door between the rooms.

I'm thinking I need to pray for my team to build... possible first recruit to sign in May or early June.... earn the trip for the 2 of us and make so much money that I can buy something we all enjoy the whole year! Hmmmmm .... I can't wait to hear more ideas... I'm loving all the suggestions so far!

quiverfull7 said:
I'm thinking I need to pray for my team to build...

I love your attitude, Diane!

Funny - right before this and the recruiting call we heard about, I updated my PWS to include a "looking for more" news.

Would some of you read it and see how it would strike you...and give some comments? (I may or may not use them but comment away...)

/jrs

Disclaimer: I still need to format it with some breaks...

It looks good! Great job making it personal!

Awesome thread...I am ready to drop into bed...but I wanted to respond!!!

I have never taken the gift card...but I know my former director did the year she earned Disney. Her kids were grown and she had been...she enjoyed her new stove!

For me...I left a good marriage with a good man. I was unhappy and didn't feel connected with him...another thing that I wanted to share with my husband, but he didn't want to do was travel (even once every 10 years would have been good) One thing is I saw my parents do was go on trips every other year or so. They took me a few times and I saw Disney (when there was JUST the Magic Kingdom) and Sea World and Myrtle Beach...etc. They were dairy farmers but took time to do just a little travel.

I wanted this for my family and it wasn't going to happen. This was one of the minor reasons I wasn't happy. I did take my son on a trip when I was married by myself and we had an awesome time. He was 8.

I started PC for extra income after I left the household. The trips were a long shot. I too live in a rural area and there were MANY consultants. Canada is about 1 mile northwest of me so that left a huge area I couldn't sell to. I listened to Belinda Ellsworth and she inspired me. She too lived in a rural area and broke company records.

I just started my 7th year. The area has grown...we still can't sell in Canada (sure enjoy my visits there!!!) and some of the consultants in the area moved on either to other interests or out of the area. I work full time. I run 8 kitchens with 48 employees and my staff feeds over 2500 students a day.

Pampered Chef has made many of my dreams come true. The trips were something I only dreamed of.
Two years ago I took my son who then was 15 to Disney...he was so hesitant but had a great time...wanted to go again next year.
Last year I earned the 7 day Caribbean cruise...this was something I always dreamed of doing years ago with my husband. I have now been seeing someone for several years and he joined me as we both saw the Caribbean for the first time. It was fabulous!!
In about a week, my son will be joining me on our trip to the Atlantis. He is SO excited about seeing the Bahamas. He also will turn 17 while we are in the Bahamas!! I could not afford these trips on my own. Pampered Chef treats you like gold. Your reservations are made for you. YOU choose your time to fly (or if you are in the US, they will give you $ to travel an alternate way).
When we landed in Orlando...they have staff there that picked up our luggage and brought it to the hotel room for us. The staff also had their Mickey Mouse puffy white gloved hands on motioning us where to go with a smile and congratulating us.
Then you are on your own to do what you want to do. They have huge breakfast buffets and have a dinner for everyone one night.
Last year when we arrived in our room on the cruise, PC had a fruit basket and a bottle of champagne.

Ok...I've babbled enough!! It is so worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the airplane flying around the cruise ship with the banner saying "Congratulations Pampered Chef Achievers"?

I've had very, very expensive champagne before, but that bottle of champagne from PC was SOOOO special!

Are the incentive trips always in April? Just curious....I just started a month ago, so I probably couldn't make it anyway. But next year will be mine and DH's 5 year wedding anniversary, it would be so fun to get away. Unfortunately, he'll still be in Korea in April! :(

Oh well, maybe the next year!

Kristi-thanks for starting this thread. My husband isn't very supportive of me doing PC. I just need to pay the municipal taxes at the end of June to shut him up.

I say to him "as soon as I take you on a trip, maybe you'll be supportive." nuff said.

So, now I need to just do it --- sell, sell, sell and build my team.

You're absolutely right Jane! Do it and it will shut up to you but get him to talk about it to others!:D

I"m glad you've had such a turn-around with your dh Kristi! I AM earning a trip this year too.....
My dh is supportive of my biz; but there are times when he doesn't always "get" why I'm on the phone, doing booths, going to meetings....once we go on our trip--he'll get it:)

1. What is the purpose of the "Free Trip to London" event?

The "Free Trip to London" event is a reward for our top-performing consultants and their supportive spouses. It is a way for us to show our appreciation for all their hard work and dedication to Pampered Chef.

2. How can I qualify for the "Free Trip to London" event?

In order to qualify for the "Free Trip to London" event, you must be one of our top-performing consultants and have a supportive spouse who is actively involved in your Pampered Chef business. The qualifications will be based on sales, recruiting, and leadership performance.

3. What is included in the "Free Trip to London" package?

The "Free Trip to London" package includes round-trip airfare, accommodations, meals, and activities for the consultant and their supportive spouse. We also have some surprises planned to make this trip even more special for our top performers.

4. Can I bring someone other than my spouse on the trip?

No, this trip is specifically for the consultant and their supportive spouse. We want to recognize the importance of having a strong support system in your Pampered Chef business, and this trip is a way for us to celebrate that relationship.

5. When and where will the "Free Trip to London" event take place?

The "Free Trip to London" event will take place in the spring of next year. The exact date and location will be announced closer to the event, but we can guarantee it will be a memorable and exciting experience for all attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jenm42