• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else's Spouse Planning to Go?

In summary, my wife is planning to go on 3 trips in the next few months: one to NC, one to Leadership conference in Denver, and one to stay with her parents in the Northwest suburbs. Her 9 yo DD will also be joining her for one of the trips. Her husband is coming as a gift to her as their baby will be only 3 weeks old. Her sisters will also be coming with her the last time.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I was telling my husband a couple of weeks ago about all the trips I want to take over the next few months (hah, there have been years when we've gone nowhere, and this year, prayerfully, there'll be at least 3 trips scheduled). One of course, is NC. Now, he's planning for our daughter and him to go, too! I told him I won't be able to spend very much time with them, but didn't mention I was looking forward to sharing a room with my cluster mates, and doing activities with them.

Well, there's still a few months, and he might change his mind, especially when he realizes we can't really afford it. Just in case, though, is anyone else bringing their spouse/family with them? If so, what will they be doing while you're in workshops, etc.? Are spouses allowed at the dinner(s)?

By the way, this is my first NC. Yes, I can ask my director some of these questions, but this way I get lots of opinions and ideas.

I'm wondering the same things! My DH is thinking of coming and we'll stay an extra day or so and do some site seeing. I was hoping that he can accompany me all during conference and get excited about stuff right along with me. I want to do stuff with my cluster-mates as well. I wonder if they would mind him tagging along with me? I wonder if DH would mind as well. :D

My husband has gone to NC with me twice. The first time was after our fourth was born. He took care of her during the day and worked (he didn't take time off like I suggested). He went with me to the Executive dinner and we tried to see the New Products Room, but they wouldn't let the stroller in. I was majorly hormonal and broke down so they finally made him a pass and he walked through with me, but we couldn't take the baby in.

He went last year when I promoted. We registered him as a guest so he went to a few classes and all of the general sessions. It was pretty cool. The last day of the conference was our anniversary so we stayed an extra 2 days and toured the city. It was fun. It was a little weird going with him...only because I had been about 3 times by myself and was so used to hooking up with all of my friends. I had to remember to include him and that he didn't know everyone.

It was fine. We did a little bit of shopping at the Surprise box table. He liked that. We shipped some of our conference goodies back in those boxes.

Spouses/adult guests are allowed at all of the standard conference events: general sessions, general meals, and workshops. There is also usually a Supportive Spouse workshop that includes a HO tour. When registration opens next month, you'll be able to see those options, including the prices for them.Children under 18 are not allowed at conference events, except for really young ones in the nursing mothers' room.

I live right here in the area, so my husband does not go to NC with me, but he did go to Leadership with me in Denver.

Well, my dh is coming as a gift to me cuz our baby will only be 3 weeks old! My sisters came with me the last time (our youngest was 8 wks then)... Not so much a romantic weekend, but worthwhile nonetheless.

When my DH went last year there was nothing for spouses except a specific HO tour. They used to do a really fun outing with Jay Christopher, but they haven't done that for a few years now.

My DH is coming, along with our soon-to-be 8yr old and 5 yr old boys. But they are not going to the NC with me obviously. We have a family membership to The Field Musuem, and he'll take them to Shedd's probably (if I can get an aquarium membership here at home to make it free at Shedd's), and Navy Pier, Sear's Tower, etc....sight seeing stuff. It will be the first time he's stayed over night in the city. His parents live in the Northwest suburbs- so we're hoping they'll take the train in for one of the days and hang with the boys. We'll be spending the rest of the week with his parents....so just hotel 2 nights, then his folks.We're excited. Now I just need to stay active! :D

Wow, now I'm getting excited about my DH coming, because maybe he'll get more excited about the business! However, sounds like my 14 yo DD will be stuck in the hotel room by herself, since she won't be allowed in the conference.

Is anybody bringing older kids, or would now consider bringing them, so maybe we could set up some supervised sightseeing to keep them occupied?

I am considering having my husband and our 2 year old come along with me - first because with his job we don't get to spend a lot of time together and second because I am staying an extra day to meet a friend for a visit and she has never met my son (and I've never met hers for that matter). My only downside is I don't want to feel guilty that I am busy and they are by themselves.

esavvymom - don't forget the FREE Lincoln Park Zoo. They have done some major renovating over the past several years and it is really fun! I owuld however suggest a sack lunch of some sort as the food prices there are well, let's just say that I think the Cheesecake Factory is cheaper to eat at!

Ok i have a question 7mo that i am still nursing my dh is coming along can he bring the baby to me when she needs to nurse even if i dont register him as a guest?

Yes. Registration gets guests into workshops, etc. They don't need to register if they're just meeting you at the nursing moms' room.

1. What is "Anyone Else's Spouse Planning to Go?"

"Anyone Else's Spouse Planning to Go?" is a fun and interactive cooking class hosted by Pampered Chef. It is designed for couples to learn new recipes and cooking techniques together.

2. How long is the class?

The class typically lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the recipes being prepared. However, we recommend setting aside a little extra time for socializing and enjoying the dishes you have made together.

3. Do we need to bring any ingredients or cooking equipment?

No, all ingredients and cooking equipment will be provided for you. Just come with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and have fun!

4. Can we choose what recipes to make?

Yes, you and your spouse can choose from a variety of recipes offered for the class. Our Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to create a personalized menu that fits your preferences and dietary needs.

5. How do we sign up for the class?

You can sign up for the class by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website. We recommend signing up in advance as spots for these popular classes tend to fill up quickly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinfletch
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
dannyzmom