• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg the Cake Recipe in the Fluted Pan Is to Die For!!!

I think it would have turned out better in the fluted stone...The cake came out a little more dense than I wanted it to, but other than that, it was delicious!I made mine in the new torte pans....I think it would have turned out better in the fluted stone...The cake came out a little more dense than I wanted it to, but other than that, it was delicious!
its_me_susan
It's also featured in the dvd showing the pans.... chocolate raspberry tort or something. I will definitely bring this to EVERY function for the next several months!!!!! It was REALLY easy & fun to make!!!! You must try it. I love those pans! I didn't spray them, and the cake popped right out.

Just wanted to share. I wish I took a picture of it!
Susan :)

its_me_susan said:
It's also featured in the dvd showing the pans.... chocolate raspberry tort or something. I will definitely bring this to EVERY function for the next several months!!!!! It was REALLY easy & fun to make!!!! You must try it. I love those pans! I didn't spray them, and the cake popped right out.

Just wanted to share. I wish I took a picture of it!
Susan :)

I wonder if thats the one thats in the Tart recipe cards.....:)

Ginger428 said:
I wonder if thats the one thats in the Tart recipe cards.....:)

You mean the discontinued ones? It's not. I have those. I've made the Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte now about 5 or 6 times. Everyone loves it and can't wait to buy the pans!! Go to my thread "Awesome Torte" if you want the recipe.

recipe please?

Yes please share the recipe!!

jenniferlynne said:
You mean the discontinued ones? It's not. I have those. I've made the Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte now about 5 or 6 times. Everyone loves it and can't wait to buy the pans!! Go to my thread "Awesome Torte" if you want the recipe.

I have the discontinued ones.....it sounded similar

Here it is.....

Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte
Ingredients:
1 pkg (18.25 oz/510 g) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest
1 container (8 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup (50 mL) seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 cup (250 mL) raspberries (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour Torte Pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.

2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filling over cake layer. Place raspberry jam in Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

1 pkg devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP finely grated orange zest
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup seedless raspeberry jam, divided
1 cup raspberries (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour torte pans, set aside. Prepare cake mix according to directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.

2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filing over the cake layer. Place raspberry jam in Prep Bowl; microwave on High 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.

we were doing it at the exact same time!!!!;)

I know, that is funny!! I actually cheated. I went to the other thread and copied and pasted. :rolleyes:

So, did the OP prepare it in the fluted stone instead? If so, how'd you do that? Please explain...TIA!

jenniferlynne said:
I know, that is funny!! I actually cheated. I went to the other thread and copied and pasted. :rolleyes:

LOL...I went to CC & copied & pasted...;)

spoiledchef said:
So, did the OP prepare it in the fluted stone instead? If so, how'd you do that? Please explain...TIA!

I made mine in the new torte pans. This recipe comes with the pans.

Its the way Susan worded it...it looks like its made in the fluted stone, but its not

Gotcha--- that's what threw me off. Thanks for clearing it up!

I saw the demo of these on the new S/P DVD.
I am dying to make a cake now!!! Gotta get my pan first though :D

I predict these pans will also be a big seller. I'm going to expirement with mine. I'm going to make a white cake, then make the filling the same. I may chang the jam to strawberry or lemon. Then on top I'm going to put some green coconut and jelly beans. This will be my Easter cake!

jenniferlynne said:
I predict these pans will also be a big seller. I'm going to expirement with mine. I'm going to make a white cake, then make the filling the same. I may chang the jam to strawberry or lemon. Then on top I'm going to put some green coconut and jelly beans. This will be my Easter cake!

Really cute Idea!!! try to take a pic.....;)

jenniferlynne said:

Yes this is the one! It comes with the new (just now available pans)!!!!

Chozengirl said:
I saw the demo of these on the new S/P DVD.
I am dying to make a cake now!!! Gotta get my pan first though :D

That DVD is what inspired me. If you don't have the pans, borrow them from your director. You must try it! YUM

its_me_susan said:
That DVD is what inspired me. If you don't have the pans, borrow them from your director. You must try it! YUM

Thanks Susan, gonna try it over the week end.....:D

Ginger428 said:
Thanks Susan, gonna try it over the week end.....:D

Ginger, let me know what you think!!!! I might make it again tonight. YUM

But wait - you make it in the fluted pan??

dannyzmom said:
But wait - you make it in the fluted pan??

no...in the new torte pans....

where?
jenniferlynne said:

is the awesome torte thread here? (everytime I ask without reading entire thread, so I'll probably look really dumb again with it posted at the end!!)

I'm going to have to try this receipe. I have a feeling that i will be taking it to a lot of get togethers....to bad we don't have a really nice cake holder with cover. I know the sa works really well at shows...but you can't store the cake in them.

Ginger428 said:
no...in the new torte pans....

Ok - and the recipe is where?
I want to try it this week!

dannyzmom said:

Here it is.....

Ingredients:
1 pkg (18.25 oz/510 g) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest
1 container (8 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup (50 mL) seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 cup (250 mL) raspberries (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour Torte Pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.

2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filling over cake layer. Place raspberry jam in Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 18 g

OMG I am salivating!

This recipe is from 03...so its probably in 1 of the old cookbooks...it also comes with the torte pans.

A Co-worker gave me a great idea for a cake baked in the fluted pan in the Microwave! You can't even tell it was cooked in the microware. All she does is...

mix 1 box mix of any cake mix with 3 eggs and 2 cups of sour cream. Spray some Pam or Bakers Secret spray on the fluted pan, put entire mixture in pan and Microwave for 12 minutes. She then takes 1/2 can of frosting and heats it up in the microwave for a few seconds (usually 10-15 max, do not overcook) until it's the right consistency to drizzle over the cake. It is fantastic, and people can't tell it's make in a microwave. Try it, it's fast and great tasting.

Guy

Yes...I've been looking for something like this. I have a couple of cake mixes and wanted something easy. Thanks!

There are tons of recipes in the files here under 'fluted pan' for the micro recipes. I have been doing the Killer Chocolate Kahlua Cake in the micro at my shows and the guests go totally insane over it! It is so incredibly moist and delicious.

The Raspberry Dream Torte that is baked in our new torte pans sounds devine too! It sounds like it could travel well baked ahead of time and then finish it off at the hosts house??? Has anyone done this as a quickie second recipe or express recipe made ahead?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh and duh for me! I am so tired I can't spell now?? DEVINE??? I am such a spaz...it's spelled DIVINE.

dannyzmom said:

it comes with the pans too (use & care cards)

EpTxGuy said:
A Co-worker gave me a great idea for a cake baked in the fluted pan in the Microwave! You can't even tell it was cooked in the microware. All she does is...

mix 1 box mix of any cake mix with 3 eggs and 2 cups of sour cream. Spray some Pam or Bakers Secret spray on the fluted pan, put entire mixture in pan and Microwave for 12 minutes. She then takes 1/2 can of frosting and heats it up in the microwave for a few seconds (usually 10-15 max, do not overcook) until it's the right consistency to drizzle over the cake. It is fantastic, and people can't tell it's make in a microwave. Try it, it's fast and great tasting.

Guy

By the way, try NOT to use cooking spray (Pam or baker's Joy) in the stones. It gunks them up. Use oil sprayed with our spritzer or wipe oil onto the stone.

chefdianne said:
There are tons of recipes in the files here under 'fluted pan' for the micro recipes. I have been doing the Killer Chocolate Kahlua Cake in the micro at my shows and the guests go totally insane over it! It is so incredibly moist and delicious.

The Raspberry Dream Torte that is baked in our new torte pans sounds devine too! It sounds like it could travel well baked ahead of time and then finish it off at the hosts house??? Has anyone done this as a quickie second recipe or express recipe made ahead?

Is the Killer Chocolate Kahlua Cake recipe in those files? yum.

You can make the cake for your guests, the bake time is about as long as your bookings/opportunity talk will be and it cools in 10 min because it's so thin. It's a really quick recipe.

I just got my sample items this weekend. I cant wait to try this cake. I'm still trying to figure out a dessert to do for a show next week.

I made this at my show this weekendIt was a huge hit!!! I even drizzled raspberry sauce all around the outside of my round white platter....and put a pile of raspberries in the center...and then I used the veggie peeler...and curled up a chocolate bar on top...the guests were VERY impressed :)

lilscrapmama said:
It was a huge hit!!! I even drizzled raspberry sauce all around the outside of my round white platter....and put a pile of raspberries in the center...and then I used the veggie peeler...and curled up a chocolate bar on top...the guests were VERY impressed :)

Which cake did you make? The one with the torte pan or the fluted stoneware pan?

The suspense!!!! I can't handle it!! This just looks TOO GOOD!!! Must make ASAP!!!

I love just doing a simple German Chocolate Cake - scoop the icing over the raw cake batter - then nuke for 11 minutes. Its yummy and the coconut icing looks good when you dump it out on the platter. Another good one is to use the Butter Pecan cake mix with the coconut icing.

its_me_susan said:
Is the Killer Chocolate Kahlua Cake recipe in those files? yum.

Yes, search the "file" by typing in fluted pan and then look under microwave cakes. It's in a really long list of all the microwave recipes. If you make this, be sure you have really used lots of vegetable oil to baste the stoneware fluted pan to the point of where you have puddles of the oil in the bottom of the pan. Follow the recipe exactly as it tells you. The cake may even appear to be a little "undone" on the top when you pull it out of the micro. This is normal. Flip it immediately and leave the stoneware on it for only 10 minutes! Take it off and let the cake cool.
If you still can't find the recipe, email me and I'll send it to you directly.

I have also done the German Chocolate Cake and it is fabulous at shows.

lilscrapmama said:
It was a huge hit!!! I even drizzled raspberry sauce all around the outside of my round white platter....and put a pile of raspberries in the center...and then I used the veggie peeler...and curled up a chocolate bar on top...the guests were VERY impressed :)

I did this at a show and put the fresh raspberries on top of it. Did you find that the raspberry taste was lacking though? I think if I make this again for a show, I am going to drizzle a lot more of the jam on each layer than the recipe calls for. I love the idea you have here of the chocolate curls on top. Maybe the EAD with rosettes of whipped cream would be nice around it too!!:eek:

Cindycooks said:
I love just doing a simple German Chocolate Cake - scoop the icing over the raw cake batter - then nuke for 11 minutes. Its yummy and the coconut icing looks good when you dump it out on the platter. Another good one is to use the Butter Pecan cake mix with the coconut icing.

OK....German Chocolate is my Fav! I need some more details on this one!! :rolleyes:

Man - I need to make this. I keep getting distracted and then forget all abou tit - I am going to unpack my pan thi sweek and make sure to try this recipe!!!

dannyzmom said:
Man - I need to make this. I keep getting distracted and then forget all abou tit - I am going to unpack my pan thi sweek and make sure to try this recipe!!!

Hum....well, I hope you do forget all about "tit" :eek: and remember it instead!! :p :p :p

You got your pink thongs on your mind don't you!! :rolleyes: :p

hoosierchef said:
Hum....well, I hope you do forget all about "tit" :eek: and remember it instead!! :p :p :p

You got your pink thongs on your mind don't you!! :rolleyes: :p

Hey - when did the conversation turn from panties to boobs?!?!

dannyzmom said:

In my DH's mind - that would be a natural progression of conversation!:D

dannyzmom said:

:p When you said you keep forgetting about "tit". :p

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom