• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Need Recipe Microwave Fluted German Chocolate Cake...fast

In summary, this recipe works best with a fluted pan and using a food prep bowl turned upside down inside a large deep dish baker.
lilscrapmama
Hello, Ive been searching the threads, I know I seen it on here somewhere, Im wanting to suprise my host w/ this today...i want to practice before I go,. so i need to directions for the microwave fluted german chocolate cake...
ASAP please:eek: And any Tips you have if you've made it before

Drop either 1/2 or 1 full tub of frosting on the bottom of pan, prepare cake as indicated on pkg, fill the flute with the batter and microwave for 12-18 min. depending on microwave. I used 1 full tub of frosting and it seemed like alot so maybe use less. I hope that helps.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
And when its done, do you put the rest on top if you only use half?
Is there any frosting in the middle when it come out?

one more pointer... Make sure you grease your pan! When you turn it out the frosting will drip down the sides, you shouldn't need to add any more

SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome, if you haven't tried this recipe , DO IT!!!

This was the first micro cake I ever made. No one knew it wasn't baked and loved it.

I have made other micro cakes, but this one works best for me. Other cakes with regular frosting, just do not turn out as well.

Speaking of this type of cake...

I did a show tonight and used dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. Then, to dress it up, I used a pint of raspberries on top. Looked so pretty, and everyone LOVED it.

Pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself.

Maybe that's my problem. I need to dress up my cakes after nuking them!

Micro Cakes & Chocolate Ganache & ideaHere is an attachment of micro cakes - change info to you.

Remember to oil that fluted pan! If you haven't done it before, [as I tell my customers], treat it the way you would new cast iron:
-preheat oven to 200
-take about 1/4 cup Crisco or Lard or Bacon Fat or other food Grease
-take about 4 tablespoons of SALT
-mix together in your fluted pan - be sure to pay special attention to the center cone and to the bottom of the pan - places it is most likely to stick.
-Pop into oven for 25 minutes.
-Remove and cool about 15 minutes
-Smear mixture around after cooling
-Return to oven for another 25 mintues
-Remove and cool again...turn oven OFF
-When cool enough to touch, remove as much as you can with paper towel - pitch out. Run HOT water in your sink, rinse/scrape away any remaining goo - remember to leave a thin film of oil on the pan.

Return pan to the box (that's where I keep mine, on a shelf) and remove to use when you're ready. Oil with a spritzer (or baker's secret...Pam with Flour) and you're good to go.

Those consultants picky about not using PAM are correct, on a new unseasoned pan, it will create sticky residue. On a pan prepared as I have described, it is Awesome Amazing Astounding Absolutely fine.

I bring a Cooling Rack and Flour Sugar Shaker when I'm doing anything baked - show them how to sprinkle powdered sugar on top through the rack, leaves a cool grid design on the baked item & plate.

You can always top something chocolate with chocolate ganache - awesome, awesome recipe from NatConf 2005, also attached. Goes well with any berries

Happy Valentine's Day everyone (and 14th anniversary to me!) God Bless You!

Attachments

• Microwave Cakes.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 442
  • MICROWAVECAKERECIPES[2].doc
    88 KB · Views: 319
  • chocolate ganache.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 326
Is this the fluted store you are talking about? Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly...:)

Yes - though, I once forgot a fluted stone, and used a food prep bowl turned upside down inside a large deep dish baker - it worked GREAT! (used about 2/3 the cake batter) still had the cone in the middle of the cake.

so...what purpose does the salt serve?Just curious...Ann

scottcooks said:
Yes - though, I once forgot a fluted stone, and used a food prep bowl turned upside down inside a large deep dish baker - it worked GREAT! (used about 2/3 the cake batter) still had the cone in the middle of the cake.

Briliant!! I need to try this, I haven't gotten the courage up to spend the $$ for the fluted stone just for the micro cakes! I will go home tonight to try the DDB/Prep bowl cake :)

What ingredients do I need to make a Microwave Fluted German Chocolate Cake?

To make a Microwave Fluted German Chocolate Cake, you will need:

• 1 box German chocolate cake mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Can I make this cake in a regular round cake pan instead of a fluted pan?

Yes, you can make this cake in a regular round cake pan. However, the cooking time may be slightly longer. Test the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

How long does this cake need to cook in the microwave?

The cooking time for this cake will vary based on the wattage of your microwave. In general, it will take about 7-9 minutes for the cake to cook fully. To test if it is done, insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix such as chocolate or vanilla. However, the flavor may be slightly different from the original German chocolate flavor.

How should I store leftovers of this cake?

Leftover cake should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for longer storage, just make sure to thaw it completely before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies