• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Change? Try This To-Die-For Carrot Cake Recipe!

In summary, this conversation was about trying a new cake recipe for Thanksgiving, specifically a carrot cake. One person shared a recipe from Allrecipes.com that received rave reviews, while another person shared a recipe from a Southern Living cookbook that is always a hit and has even been requested for special events. Both recipes feature cream cheese frosting and use pineapple, coconut, and pecans or walnuts as key ingredients.
gothim0802
So we normally have red velvet cake every thanksgiving! But my mom and I have decided we want a change and want to make a carrot cake! Does anyone have a to die for carrot cake recipe they'd like to share! Thanks:chef:

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com - and it's the best I've ever had! I abhor raisins, and always just leave them out of the recipe, but then I found this one that didn't call for them to begin with. It's gotten rave reviews from family, friends, and DH's co-workers....

AWESOME CARROT CAKE w/ CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
3 cups grated carrots
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
3/4 cup chopped pecans

3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pineapple and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth, then stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. Spread on cooled cake.

Here is the one from our - PC - cookbook

I print this on blank 4 x 6 index cards

:chef:

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Quick Carrot Cake 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 333
  • RECIPE CARD - Quick Carrot Cake 002.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 306
try the new decadent one from I think Duncan hines with homemade frosting tastes like a bakery cake

This is the recipe for my always-faithful carrot cake. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can resist the taste of this delicious cake. People have paid me to make it for them for their special events. I've never had someone say that they didn't just love it.

From Southern Living:

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrot
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preparation

Line 3 (9-inch) round cakepans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour wax paper. Set pans aside.

Stir together first 4 ingredients.

Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cakepans.

Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.

Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preparation

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.

Related to Looking for a Change? Try This To-Die-For Carrot Cake Recipe!

1. How do I make a moist carrot cake?

To make a moist carrot cake, be sure to use enough oil or butter in the recipe and do not overmix the batter. Adding crushed pineapple or applesauce can also help keep the cake moist.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in a carrot cake recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in a carrot cake recipe. For example, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, or honey instead of sugar. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cake may be slightly different.

3. Can I make a carrot cake without nuts?

Yes, you can make a carrot cake without nuts. Simply omit the nuts from the recipe or substitute them with chopped dried fruit or chocolate chips.

4. How do I make a cream cheese frosting for my carrot cake?

To make a cream cheese frosting for your carrot cake, you will need cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth, then gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Spread it over the cooled carrot cake.

5. How should I store my carrot cake?

You should store your carrot cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tina1977
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • rennea