• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Coconut Cake in Microwave Recipe?

In summary,This conversation covers the topic of coconut cake. There is not an actual coconut cake recipe that exists, but there are microwave recipes that involve a coconut flavored frosting. The recipe that was mentioned was for a lemon cake with a coconut flavored frosting. Another recipe that was mentioned was for a Paula Dean cake that has a coconut flavored frosting. There is also a coconut pound cake recipe that exists. If the show has 12 or more guests, the host can make a quick cake using the coconut cake recipe.
esavvymom
Staff member
Does this exist? I thought I had seen in one of the microwave cake recipe sheets a version for a coconut cake. So far, I seem to have been mistaken.

Is there one?

Are you talking about an actual coconut cake or are you talking about the german chocolate cake with coconut frosting... because you can make that just like the other micro cakes just use the coconut pecan frosting from the can instead of the regular chocolate frosting. As far as an actual coconut cake, I've never made one at all, but I don't see why you couldn't if you have a recipe for it...:confused:

I was thinking an actual coconut cake (white)....but that's good to know about the german chocolate and icing.

I've never made one of the micro cakes. Do they keep for a few days (like if I tried one for me & hubby)? Or are they better eaten right away, like at a show.thanks. ;)

I think the microwave cakes are better the day they are made and ok the first day after. Beyond that, I think it isn't as moist and gets a little dry.

thank you. :)

aksusan said:
I've never made one of the micro cakes. Do they keep for a few days (like if I tried one for me & hubby)? Or are they better eaten right away, like at a show.

thanks. ;)

I make them for my family and they keep for a few days, they are definitely better the first day, but (and this depends on the flavors too) they are still good. Just make sure that you don't over cook it, and keep it covered good to store... And if it's too dry, you can always add ice cream!!! :love:

esavvymom said:
I was thinking an actual coconut cake (white)....but that's good to know about the german chocolate and icing.

I saw a recipe in a magazine yesterday that was called Coconut Cake and I got really excited and thought of you, but then I read the recipe and I don't think it's truely a coconut cake. It was a lemon cake with lemony frosting with coconut sprinkled all over the frosting... looked very pretty and tasty, but not what I'd call a coconut cake. It was a Paula Dean recipe...

I can buy coconut cake and frosting at my local WM store. I think it's by Duncan Hines (sp?). I think it would work great.

I have a coconut pound cake recipe that's WONDERFUL! I've never made it in the microwave though. I guess you could try it.
Either way I would have to wait until I get home. I don't have it here.

Yeah. I'm thinking I'll just have to try something and see what happens.I was hoping to have it for a show tomorrow- we're having Aloha Pizza, and since that has pineapple already on it, I wanted a quick cake- I told the host with 12 or more guests, I'd make a quick cake too. I'm waiting for final count, but when we talked the last time (she's rescheduled once)- she had 20 people coming for the first scheduled date. If we're close to that for tomorrow, then I thought I'd stick to the Hawaiian theme and coconut seemed to fit. :D That's ok. Everyone loves Chocolate too!

I know that you're already using pineapple but the Pineapple Upsidedown Cake in the microwave is really good and you could maybe try to incorporate some coconut into it... kind of like the Pina Colada Cake (which is also really good, but that's a skillet cake in the oven)...

1. Can I use any type of coconut for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either shredded or flaked coconut for this recipe. Just make sure to measure out the correct amount according to the recipe.

2. Do I need any special equipment to make this coconut cake in the microwave?

No, this recipe only requires a microwave-safe cake pan and basic kitchen utensils like a mixing bowl and measuring cups.

3. How long does it take to make this cake in the microwave?

The total cook time for this coconut cake in the microwave is about 10-12 minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave. Keep an eye on the cake and check for doneness with a toothpick to avoid overcooking.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

While we recommend following the recipe as written for the best results, you can substitute ingredients like almond milk for regular milk, or coconut oil for vegetable oil. However, be aware that this may slightly alter the taste and texture of the cake.

5. How should I store any leftovers of this coconut cake in the microwave?

If you have any leftovers, wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze individual slices for up to 1 month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • chanddl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom