• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Recipes ~To Many Carrots~

In summary, the older gentleman gave us 25lbs of carrots from his garden and we don't know what to do with them. Somebody suggested recipes involving carrots, such as carrot soup or carrot cake. We also discussed a recipe for carrot chips. Finally, we mentioned a recipe for carrot/onion/jalepeño mixture that is often served at Mexican restaurants.
rennea
Gold Member
A really nice older gent that does some work for us gives us tons of veggies from his garden every year. Well last night I went into work and he had dropped about 25lbs of carrots for me. What in the world am I going to do with 25lbs of carrots?

So does anybody have any ideas for some good recipes featuring carrots?

Any good pickling recipes?

Anybody, help:eek:

Carrot slaw
carrot and raisin salad (Alton Brown has one on the Food Network website that has some curry powder in it. It's supposed to be really good.)
carrot soup (that would probably freeze well)

yum Carrot Cake!!!! (and you can freeze them in Loaves and give them as gifts!!)

My mom needed carrots the other day and was making Scotch's broth?? It had Lamb in it is all I know, so I went deaf after hearing that!

Make some stew and freeze it

AND you can always donate it to the local food kitchen -

Carrot Cake!!!

OK...also I'm sure, If you blanch some of them they will freeze up nice!!
Do you have a juicer??? :D

Good ideas, I am for sure going to make carrot cake :)

I don't have a juicer Ginger, I wish I did.

My ex boss used to make candied carrots. She would have ME slice up a TON of them...;) I'm not sure if we par boiled them first, then we would add Honey & butter maybe some brown sugar & we would bake them & they would cook down & were SO good. We made it for her Sadar(sp?) Along with a ton of other wonderful things!!

I don't have a recipe for it, but I'll bet there is a good recipe somewhere for carrot bread or muffins.... and you could freeze them for the holidays???

Ooh- that reminds me! I have a "famous food" cookbook from before I started with PC, and there's a recipe for carrot chips. Let me go find it.

Dive! Carrot Chips6 carrots
4 to 6 cups canola oil
Barbecue sauce (homemade or commercial brand)
Cajun Mayonnaise dipping sauce
White Cheddar dipping saucePeel the carrots, then slice them crosswise in half. Use a slicer to make lengthwise, thin slices of carrot, no more than 1/16 inch thick. (The notes before the recipe specifically mention using a mandoline.)Heat the oil in a deep pot or deep fryer to 350˚F. Drop a handful of carrot slices at a time into the hot oil. Fry the carrots for 10 to 15 seconds or until they turn a dark brown. Remove the carrots from the oil; drain and cool on paper towels, the put them up in a large, shallow bowl. Serve with ketchup, store-bought dip (such as BBQ sauce) or just choice of the dipping sauces from the recipes here.Serves 4 as an appetizer or snack.Cajun Mayonnaise Dipping Sauce1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
dash salt
pinch dried oreganoCombine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.White Cheddar Dipping Sauce1/2 cup heavy cream
1 to 2 ounces white Cheddar cheese, grated or chopped
1 tablespoon butterCombine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. By then the sauce should have thickened. Serve Hot.

Thanks Ann I never thought of doing chips with them. I have to give it a try :)

I love the pickled carrot/onion/jalepeño mixture you get at mexican restaurants. You could try doing that...

Related to Help! Need Recipes ~To Many Carrots~

1. What are some creative ways to use up excess carrots?

Carrots can be used in a variety of dishes, both sweet and savory. Some ideas include carrot cake, carrot soup, roasted carrots, carrot and hummus dip, carrot muffins, and carrot stir fry. You can also grate carrots and add them to salads or mix them into meatloaf or meatballs for added flavor and moisture.

2. Do you have any easy recipes for pickling carrots?

Yes, we have a quick and easy pickled carrot recipe that requires only carrots, vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Simply combine the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the hot liquid over sliced carrots in a jar and let it cool before refrigerating. The pickled carrots will be ready to eat in just a few hours!

3. Can I substitute carrots for other vegetables in recipes?

Yes, carrots can often be substituted for other root vegetables, such as parsnips, turnips, or potatoes. They can also be used in place of sweet potatoes or butternut squash in some recipes. Just keep in mind that carrots may have a slightly different flavor and texture than the original vegetable, so the end result may vary slightly.

4. What are some healthy ways to prepare carrots?

Carrots are naturally low in calories and packed with nutrients, making them a great addition to a healthy diet. Some healthy ways to prepare them include steaming, roasting, or grilling them with a small amount of olive oil and your choice of herbs and spices. You can also eat them raw as a snack or add them to smoothies for an extra boost of vitamins and minerals.

5. Can I freeze carrots?

Yes, carrots can be frozen for later use. To freeze carrots, blanch them in boiling water for a few minutes, then immediately transfer them to an ice bath to cool. Once cooled, drain and pat them dry before placing them in a freezer-safe bag or container. Frozen carrots can be used in soups, stews, and stir-fries, but may not be as suitable for eating raw or in dishes where texture is important.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Chef Diane
  • rennea
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Karen