• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help Me! Choc Chip Cookie Recipe Needed

In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla together until smooth.Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and, with the beater
AnnieBee
Gold Member
OK, so you know how those Nestle pre-made cookie dough cookies are sooooo good? I don't buy them often, I prefer to bake from scratch, but I do love those cookies, just a bit soft and almost chewy. So good warm from the oven. Mmmmm. :love::love::love:

Well, I do have some chocolate chip cookie recipes that I like, but nothing that is just like those ones. Does ANYBODY have a recipe that makes cookies like that?

If so, please share! I have tried so many recipes trying to find the perfect cookie!

Oh, and I have tried the recipe on the Nestle chocolate chip package, and it is NOTHING like the ones made from their dough (unless I am doing something very wrong, LOL!

I found the key to making chewy cookies is to undercook them just a bit. They don't get crunchy even when they cool.

According to some actual research that was done by some professional people (I think maybe it was Cooks Illustrated??) the secret is to refrigerate the original Toll House Cookie dough before you bake it about 36 hours so the flavors and textures blend.​

I agree with Leslie's post. I always keep my cookie dough (Toll House recipe) refrigerated for about 2 to 3 days before I use it. Then I underbake them just slightly (like a minute)
They are perfect

Interesting! I'll have to try it.

Anyone else have any ideas or a recipe to share? I want to make some cookies for my play group tomorrow, so I don't have 2 or 3 days to keep my dough!

also allot of it has to do with the butter as well, you don't want it melted. I will type up the one I use out of the Trisha Yearwood cookbook. Its really good.

Here it is-found it on CMT!!2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chipsPlace the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.Using the electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla together until smooth.Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and, with the beater running, slowly add to the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Carefully remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.

I do use the Nestle bag recipe, but I add an additional tsp. of OUR vanilla. I always use Blue Bonnet Margarine too. And, I beat the heck out of the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla mixture until it is the consistency of frosting, not the little pieces of butter that look suspended in the egg. It's way longer than the 2 minutes it says on the bag. I also agree with slightly undercooking them. This is not to say let them be raw, just very slightly undercooked. I have made this recipe for YEARS (in h.s., I made it every game day for my volleyball team. My teammates thought they were the best, and I'm still kind of famous for them.:) Ha!) Anyway, the back of the bag recipe is always what I make.

oops. I just saw the previous post. Similar recipe

That one you linked to, Becky, is the recipe I use. YUM!!

Kodeysmom said:
Here it is-found it on CMT!!

2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips

Place the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.

Using the electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla together until smooth.

Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and, with the beater running, slowly add to the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Carefully remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.

I've been meaning to post this for ages, but I'm making this today for the 3rd or 4th time, so finally I'm remembering to. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is a GREAT recipe! Thanks!

AnnieBee said:
I've been meaning to post this for ages, but I'm making this today for the 3rd or 4th time, so finally I'm remembering to. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is a GREAT recipe! Thanks!

I just tried these last night. They were a big hit! They held their shape nicely, didn't fall flat and came off the stone really easily. I used the small scoop and was able to make 3 dozen cookies from it. It's a little smaller of a batch than other recipes I use, but that makes it not as dangerous to me (whose eaten a lot this morning already :rolleyes: )

1. Can you provide a choc chip cookie recipe that is easy to make?

Our Easy Choc Chip Cookie Recipe only requires 5 ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes. Here's how to make it:

• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until well combined.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
  6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  7. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
  9. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  10. Enjoy your delicious and easy choc chip cookies!

2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to use a 1:1 ratio and follow the same instructions in the recipe. Keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cookies may be slightly different.

3. How can I make these cookies healthier?

To make these cookies healthier, you can substitute some of the butter with unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana. You can also use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and reduce the amount of sugar. Additionally, you can add in some chopped nuts or dried fruits for added nutrients.

4. Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing. When you're ready to bake, let the dough thaw in the fridge overnight before baking as directed.

5. Can I use different types of chocolate chips in this recipe?

Absolutely! You can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer, such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate. You can also mix different types of chocolate chips for a unique flavor. Just make sure to use a total of 2 cups of chocolate chips in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Tracie