• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Recipe Ideas for a 21 Day Fast?

In summary, the host and many of her expected "guests" are on a 21 day fast, so the original date for the show was moved to October. The host was worried that no one would be able to eat because of what she made, but I assured her that I could make ANYTHING and we don't sell recipes, just the products to demonstrate how anything can be made. The host and her guests are allowed to have things such as whole grains, barley, oatmeal, veggies, fruit, brown rice, pinto beans, all natural juices, protein drinks and water, but they cannot have caffeine, carbonation, sugars, white flour, butter
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Ok, Almost lost a show this month to be moved to Oct. because the host and many of her expected "guests" are on a 21 day fast. I think she called it the "Daniel fast" Not sure. I managed to "save" the original date with her thank goodness! Anyway, it is a VERY strict meal plan and she was worried that no one would be able to eat because of what I made. I assured her that I could make ANYTHING and we don't sell recipes, just the products to demonstrate how anything can be made.

The items they can have are things such as: whole grains, barley, oatmeal, veggies, fruit, brown rice, pinto beans, all natural juices, protein drinks and water. They cannot have caffeine, carbonation, sugars, white flour, butter/margarine, meats, dairy, white rice, no preservatives.

Pretty much limits a ton unless I do garnishing with a fruit or veggie tray or an air demo or potato demo. Would love to demo something and then let them eat. I mentioned maybe a chili w/o meat. She said she had a recipe for a garden chili or a veggie chili. Any other suggesstions? I really want to try and do a good show for them but everything that comes to mind is something with crescent rolls! UGH! Not gonna work! ANYTHING? HELP!

i would try the garnishing demo and maybe use the potatoe for other things you want to show
you could make the colassal salad or a fruit salad
the salsa with the salad choppers let host figure out what they can scoop with lol
asian meatballs with brown rice?
rice pudding with skim milk in rice cooker? not sure how to make it as i dont like it but im sure u cud use sweetner

sorry thats all that comes to mind this late

ohhhhhh the 30 minute chicken with veggies or the 10 min pork
that is of course if they can have meat

oh and good luck :)

What about a veggie stir-fry with brown rice? I'm sure there is some recipe out there to turn juice into a yummy sauce. and if you have the stir-fry skillet (or could borrow it) it will show the cookware even! otherwise a salad would be great. or you could even do a mexican salad... veggies on a bed of brown rice with pinto beans and then make salsa from scratch. Whatever you choose, good luck!

I love the salad idea, but I would ask the host what she and her guests enjoy eating and then make whatever she suggests. The foods they are allowed sound similar to a vegan diet (I know, not exactly the same, but close) and I know there is a thread around here somewhere where we were discussing what vegans can/can't eat. Do a search for it and I'm sure you'll find some good ideas!

You can demo the mandoline and make the water w/cucmber, strawberry and/or lemons in it.

You can do the Caprese mini sandwiches w/ whole wheat pitas and no mozzarella or soy mozzarella and no parmesan.

Now that I typed it up, it doesn't sound as good w/o the cheese...

Nope, no meat!

heather9892 said:
i would try the garnishing demo and maybe use the potatoe for other things you want to show
you could make the colassal salad or a fruit salad
the salsa with the salad choppers let host figure out what they can scoop with lol
asian meatballs with brown rice?
rice pudding with skim milk in rice cooker? not sure how to make it as i dont like it but im sure u cud use sweetner

sorry thats all that comes to mind this late

ohhhhhh the 30 minute chicken with veggies or the 10 min pork
that is of course if they can have meat

Hmm,

Interesting. I do like the salsa idea. That should work. What about chips? Do they make whole grain tortillas or what else can I try?

What about Strawberry Spinach Salad? Probably not the dressing as it has sugar but can't recall what all the salad has in it w/o looking it up. Not sure how good it would be w/o the dressing though as I love that!!!

Christ Follower said:
You can do the Caprese mini sandwiches w/ whole wheat pitas and no mozzarella or soy mozzarella and no parmesan.

Now that I typed it up, it doesn't sound as good w/o the cheese...

Have you been on the Daniel fast? If so, tell me what you ate.

Christ Follower said:
No meat on a Daniel fast.

Yes, but it wasn't for 21 days.

I ate a lot of raw vegies! No meat, dairy or desserts. Lots of water.

I think I did eat whole grain organic toast w/honey though. It's been a while. I think I ate some vegetable soup too. Maybe you can premake the soup and just demo the things for the veggies? You can go to a vegetarian or vegan web-site for suggestions.

smspamperedchef said:
Hmm,

Interesting. I do like the salsa idea. That should work. What about chips? Do they make whole grain tortillas or what else can I try?

What about Strawberry Spinach Salad? Probably not the dressing as it has sugar but can't recall what all the salad has in it w/o looking it up. Not sure how good it would be w/o the dressing though as I love that!!!

Yes, if you have a Trader Joes or Whole foods market near you, you can find the tortillas. You might even find the actual chips.

One recipe - it is labor intensive by good - I usually prepare at home.

Kale- Raisin Salad
1 pound of Lacinato (AKA Dinosaur) Kale
Shred 1 granny smith apple (Use Krinkle cut on Mandoline and then sliced down crinkles) I would normally use my slice blade on food processor
½ cup of walnuts - chopped with food chopper
2 Tbs. of fresh lemon Juice - citrus press
¼ to ½ cup of fresh squeezed orange juice - juicer
½ cup of raisins

De-stem kale and roll into cigar. Using kitchen sheers cut kale into small ribbons. Massage kale by hand for 5-10 minutes. Combine other ingredients.

This was the recipe I used in my September newsletter. I have not had time to convert recipes utilizing Pampered Chef Products. I will eventually find time for about 20 good recipes.

Pomodoro Sauce

4 to 6 ripe tomatoes
¼ cup or more of fresh basil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 to 2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning Mix

2 medium zucchini

Directions:

The first part of this recipe can be prepared before leaving in the morning for work. You will return to a light and refreshing meal.

Cut tomatoes in half through the stem with the tomato knife. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Dice into small cubes. Place tomatoes in the colander of the salad spinner over the bowl. Roll the basil leaves into a cigar and cut with the kitchen sheers into small strips. Place basil strips in colander with tomatoes along with Italian seasoning mix and salt. Allow to drain for at least 4 hours.

The tomato water is delicious to drink.

Using the Julienne Peeler slice the zucchini lengthwise. Great Zucchini Pasta. Serve the Pomodoro Sauce over the Zucchini Pasta.

What about the roasted vegetables in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook?

i suggest you just ask them what they eat for dinner etc. and then just make it with the pc products and then demo with veggies all the other tools

What the heck is a Daniel fast?

Why not pasta primavera with whole wheat pasta?

dannyzmom said:
What the heck is a Daniel fast?

I found this online:

What Is A Daniel Fast? What is it for?
Daniel's fast is a partial fast which consists only of vegetables, fruits and water. Daniel fast is a way of denying the body for meat, coffee and other food stuff that the body craves, without total abstaining from food.

What Is The Origin Of The 21 Day Daniel Fast?
It was recorded in the Bible that Daniel humbled himself and mourned for 3 weeks. At that time he ate no meat, no wine, or any pleasant bread and spent much time in prayers. Hence it is known as 21 Day Daniel Fast.

Oh the roasted veggies on stoneware sounds really really good. Use kosher salt and extra virgin olive oil. Also you could slice up a variety of veggies w/ diff blades on the madoline and have homemade salsa be the dip. Zucchini, mushrooms and carrots come to mind.

Go to town on the mandoline and food chopper. Tell all the starving people how much fun this makes raw veggies.

Oh and a fruit platter for dessert in the small simple additions bowl put roasted cashews and almonds.

Yummo!

The idea about the cucumber strawberry water sounds nice. Maybe with mineral water in the pitcher.............

Thanks for the info!

GourmetGirl said:
I found this online:

What Is A Daniel Fast? What is it for?
Daniel's fast is a partial fast which consists only of vegetables, fruits and water. Daniel fast is a way of denying the body for meat, coffee and other food stuff that the body craves, without total abstaining from food.

What Is The Origin Of The 21 Day Daniel Fast?
It was recorded in the Bible that Daniel humbled himself and mourned for 3 weeks. At that time he ate no meat, no wine, or any pleasant bread and spent much time in prayers. Hence it is known as 21 Day Daniel Fast.

What are some easy recipe ideas for a 21 day fast?

Some easy recipe ideas for a 21 day fast include vegetable stir-fry with quinoa, black bean and corn salad, lentil soup, roasted sweet potatoes and chickpea Buddha bowls, and zucchini noodles with marinara sauce.

Can I still get enough protein in my meals during a 21 day fast?

Yes, there are plenty of plant-based protein sources that can be incorporated into your meals during a 21 day fast. These include beans, lentils, tofu, quinoa, and nuts and seeds.

What are some flavorful options for breakfast during a 21 day fast?

Some flavorful options for breakfast during a 21 day fast include overnight oats with fruit and nuts, avocado toast with a sprinkle of chili flakes, smoothie bowls with protein powder, and sweet potato and avocado breakfast burritos.

Are there any snacks that are allowed during a 21 day fast?

Yes, there are plenty of healthy snack options that can be enjoyed during a 21 day fast. Some examples include fresh fruit, raw vegetables with hummus, homemade energy balls, and air-popped popcorn.

Can I still enjoy desserts during a 21 day fast?

Yes, there are many delicious and healthy dessert options that can be enjoyed during a 21 day fast. Some examples include fruit-based desserts like baked apples or grilled peaches, chia seed pudding, and dark chocolate dipped strawberries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JessBarszcz