• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacement Parts for Old Food Chopper - Compatibility and Tips

In summary, the customer's old style Food Chopper needs a part replaced and the new model does not have the same parts.
kam
Staff member
I have a customer with the OLD style Food Chopper.

First, since only one set of parts is listed on the replacements list, I have to assume it id for the CURRENT Chopper.

Second, I am not familiar with the old chopper. Does anyone know if any of the parts mix n match?
The "inside platic part (gray)" needs replaced.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

no it will not be the same knife guard or collar.
the current chopper came out in 2000, so she needs to treat herself to a new one

I actually had a guest ask the same thing. I contacted HO and they said do NOT offer any replacement parts for that.

Teresa Lynn said:
no it will not be the same knife guard or collar.
the current chopper came out in 2000, so she needs to treat herself to a new one

Thanks...I wanted to be sure to cover all bases. I did not realize that this one had been around for 10 yrs! Just goes to show you that if she is just NOW asking for a replacement part - it has lasted a long time!

SueAdx said:
I actually had a guest ask the same thing. I contacted HO and they said do NOT offer any replacement parts for that.
Thanks for saving me a phone call! I was debating calling.

She is buying a new one for herself - but was hoping to get the old one "repaired" to give to her son.

Thanks again!!!

Wow...I still have my old one from back when I was "just" a host!! I had no idea it'd been that long. Where does the time go?
Too bad about the replacement parts, though...I need the lid/base part. Good thing I have my new one from my kit!!

My main concern is that I don't remember that part being "gray"? I think hers is well loved and deserves to retire.

the older one had a gray one then a clear one, I still prefer it over the current one

Where can I find the replacement part list? (New Consultant)

lisabrown_pc said:
Where can I find the replacement part list? (New Consultant)

I believe it is on CC under downloads. Scroll down the list and you'll see it.

I prefer the older one. my gray part is cracked a littl but it still works better than the new one. I find the new one's plastic collar comes off during use - embarrassing at shows. I have had the old one for 14 yrs!

Sounds like something's wrong with your new one, gbakes27. I've had the newer model for years and never had a problem with the collar coming off.

gbakes27 said:
I prefer the older one. my gray part is cracked a littl but it still works better than the new one. I find the new one's plastic collar comes off during use - embarrassing at shows. I have had the old one for 14 yrs!

It should "screw" on. If it's falling off, I'd look into ordering a replacement collar. Take a closer look at it, or compare it to someone else's and see if it's a problem w/ the main body or the collar.

What is the best way to clean the Old Food Chopper?

The Old Food Chopper can be disassembled for easy cleaning. Simply remove the blades and rinse with warm water and soap. Wipe down the main body with a damp cloth and let air dry. Do not immerse the main body in water.

Can the Old Food Chopper be used for chopping nuts?

Yes, the Old Food Chopper is designed to chop a variety of ingredients, including nuts. However, for best results, it is recommended to chop small amounts at a time to avoid damaging the blades.

How do I sharpen the blades on the Old Food Chopper?

The blades on the Old Food Chopper are self-sharpening and do not require sharpening. However, if you notice that the blades are not performing as well as they used to, you can contact our customer service for a replacement blade.

Can the Old Food Chopper be used for blending or pureeing?

No, the Old Food Chopper is not designed for blending or pureeing. It is best used for chopping and mincing ingredients into smaller pieces.

Is the Old Food Chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Old Food Chopper is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the blades to prolong their sharpness. The main body can be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Jennie4PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • babywings76