• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How New Is Current Food Chopper?

In summary, a guest has a broken clear collar on their Food Chopper purchased about 5 years ago. It is likely the older version, in which case current replacement parts may not work. If it is the newer version, under 5 years old, the company will send a new guard for free due to the 5-year guarantee. If it is the newer version but over 5 years old, a replacement part must be ordered. Parts for the old style chopper may still be available from customer service. The current chopper came out in 1999 and is different in style and assembly from the old one. Replacement parts for the old chopper can be ordered at Zyliss.com.
bridgetbakes
I have a guest who bought the Food Chopper about 5 years ago (maybe more) and the clear collar is broken. So here are my questions:

1) If her chopper is the old one, would the current replacement parts work?
2) If her chopper is the newer one (again, not sure when the current chopper came out but thought I read on this forum somewhere that there used to be another version) and it is under 5 years, they would have to send her a new guard for free because of the 5-year guarantee, right?
3) If her chopper is the newer one but was purchased more than 5 years ago than I would need to have her order a replacement part, right?

Any guidance any of you wonderful Cheffers could provide would be greatly appreciated!;)

Bridget

I've been in the business for five years and have the current chopper. I don't think the replacement parts for this one would fit previous models.

They should replace her chopper if it's still under warranty. If it's past warranty, get a new collar from replacement parts.

The old style chopper looked very different from the current one. The clear part was ridged and hard to see through. Last time I checked, HO still had parts for the old one if anyone needs it. Just call customer service for the number.

I don't know if you have gotten the answer to your question already but I thought that I would respond!:)
The current chopper came out in the fall of 1999. It is right when I started the business and I earned it in my first month, it did not use to come in the SS kit! It is completely different in style than the old one! The current one is a lot easier to assemble, has the capcity to chop a larger amonth of food at one time and looks so much more attractive!
I think you can't get parts for the old chopper anymore because it is past it's warranty time. You can order a new clear collander for the current chopper on replacement parts and for about $7.00.
Hope this helps!

She can order replacement parts for the old chopper at Zyliss.com.

I had a host with the new style chopper but with the old chicken logo. I told her that one can't still be under warranty (chicken logo) but the replacement parts should fit.

1. How do I know if the current food chopper is a new model?

One way to determine if the food chopper is a new model is to check the product number. New models will typically have a higher product number than older models.

2. Is the design of the current food chopper different from previous models?

Yes, the current food chopper has a redesigned blade and handle for improved efficiency and comfort. It also has a more modern and sleek design compared to previous models.

3. What is the warranty for the current food chopper?

The current food chopper comes with a 3-year warranty, which covers any defects in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or misuse of the product.

4. Can the current food chopper be used for all types of food?

Yes, the current food chopper can be used for a wide variety of foods, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, and herbs. It can also be used for chopping, blending, and pureeing.

5. Are there any special cleaning instructions for the current food chopper?

To clean the current food chopper, simply disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water. The blades are dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash them for longer durability. Make sure to dry all parts completely before reassembling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76