1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Replacement part compatible w/ old style?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I have a customer who wants me to order a couple replacement parts for her mother.

First off, she needs a protective cover for her crinkle cutter. She has an old one and the blade is flat, it doesn't rock. Is that just the old version crinkle cutter or is that an even older style? I know that the current one and the old one are on the replacement parts order form, but I wanted to be sure there wasn't an even older version.

Then she has an old A/P/C/S from at least 10 yrs ago. It has 2 different thickness blades (from what she's describing to me). One of the prongs broke off from the arm. I know that on the replacement order form it has the Three-Pronged Fork on there, but will it be compatible w/ this older version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Nov 10, 2009
  2. chefpenny99

chefpenny99 Member Gold Member

I can't help you with your question about the crinkle cutter but I can answer the A/P/C/S question. Yes, the three pronged fork should fit. What she bought was the same A/P/C/S that they still sell. The other "rod" that made thinner slices was sold separately and without the "fork". The same three pronged fork was used for both "rods".

So, unless the diameter of the threads (where the three pronged fork screws on) have changed, the current part should fit on her old product.

Nov 10, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There was an old, old version of the crinkle cutter that was straight across the bottom, not curved. (And technically, that one was called the Garnisher.) It's wavy, to cut crinkles, but it was used with an up and down motion instead of a rocking one. The cover for the curved one won't fit.

Nov 10, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Thank you both for your help! :)

Nov 10, 2009
Have something to add?