• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, What's the Dish on the Executive Cookware??

In summary, in Streetsboro, Ohio, the Test Kitchens would be able to provide a more accurate answer to the question of if formaldehyde is used in the manufacturing of our cookware.
pamperedape
I am bummed. I have TOTALLY loved our exec line since it came out and yesterday at my show a guest totally bursted my bubble by telling me that she used to work at a place that made non-stick cookware and that they use formaldahyde to make the non-stick - stick. :confused: Is ours like that??

I think you should e-mail the Test Kitchens with your question. That way you'll get a correct answer vs. possible speculation here.

For what it's worth (MY speculation!)... that's the first I've ever heard that. And with that.. even though making nonstick cookware with formaldahyde sounds disgusting, is she saying then that it's not safe for us to use?

I would also agree that it is probably not true - but check with the test kitchens.

I can't imagine PC putting out something that would make people very sick...or worse.... give them a call and put your mind at ease.

And let us know what you find out!:)

Formaldehyde is actually a naturally occuring substance in the environment.

It IS used is making many plastics or other things.

However, the coating in our cookware has been stated to be safe.

You will have to e-mail HO to see if it is even used in the manufacturing or not though.

After you find out, would you mind reporting back to us what they said. Please.

Call Pampered Chef, but they will send you to DuPont's website.

I have spoken to PC about this. I was told that we have never used the unsafe chemicals that the knock off brands use to make their nonstick coatings. When they introduced the Toaster bags they mentioned that no PC product has ever been made with the compound that makes people ill.

When people say Teflon is bad they are incorrect. It is the Teflon knockoffs. I did a show for a lady who is pretty high up with our local Dupont. She even did a show to get our cookware 1/2 off. That is how I found out about her brand name being slandered when people say Telfon is bad or Teflon-flu. She was pretty uptight about it all, and sent me a bunch of links that I wish I still had. All in all she made me feel good about selling our quality cookware.

I heard on Martha Stuart that non-stick pans give off a gas when cooking that kills birds....(could be a case of I heard only certain parts but that was the jist of it).

JaimeQ said:
I heard on Martha Stuart that non-stick pans give off a gas when cooking that kills birds....(could be a case of I heard only certain parts but that was the jist of it).
That is true, but you have to leave the pan on high heat with nothing in it for several minutes. By habitually using nonstick at med-high or lower only, you greatly reduce the risk.

Here is an attachment that may help before this gets out of hand. Our non-stick cookware is 100% safe!!

Attachments

• Nonstick cookware concerns addressed.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 316
Thanks Kelly!!Thanks Kelly for the handout!! What a great tool to address those concerns!:)

Angela~

Where is Streetsboro in comparison to Hartville? (Hartville is between Akron and Canton)

Related to Okay, What's the Dish on the Executive Cookware??

1. What makes the Executive Cookware different from other cookware brands?

The Executive Cookware is made with a high-quality aluminum material that ensures even heat distribution and prevents hot spots while cooking. It also has a non-stick coating that makes cleaning up a breeze and allows for healthy cooking without added oils or butter.

2. Is the Executive Cookware safe to use on all stovetops?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is safe to use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, ceramic, and induction stovetops. Its sturdy construction and flat bottom make it compatible with all types of stovetops.

3. Can the Executive Cookware be used in the oven?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it versatile for a wide range of cooking techniques, including searing, sautéing, and roasting.

4. Is the Executive Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning up after cooking a breeze. However, for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the cookware, we recommend hand-washing with mild soap and water.

5. What is the warranty for the Executive Cookware?

The Executive Cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty, which covers any defects in materials and workmanship. If you experience any issues with your cookware, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies