• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help From Southern Cheffers With Exec Cookware

In summary, the conversation is about the best way to make iced tea and whether or not the Executive Cookware will help alleviate any issues with staining or cleaning. The person asking for help is concerned about their SIL's health struggles and does not want her to have to put in extra effort for making tea. Some suggestions are given, including using an iced tea maker and boiling the tea in a separate pot before adding it to the Executive Cookware. It is also mentioned that leaving the tea to steep too long or boiling the bags can cause a film to form.
stephanieboyd
Gold Member
You will all have to excuse my upper Midwestern ignorance with this one!!

My MIL bought my SIL the Exec Cookware for Christmas this year. My SIL called me to ask about using the saucepans for tea. She said that when she 'cooks' tea she has a film on her old cookware and the only way to get it out is to bleach it. She wanted to keep one pan of her old set just to cook tea. Is this necessary? Would our cookware have that same film? If so, can she bleach ours without damaging it?

Keep in mind that my SIL has Lupus and really struggles some days just to get out of bed. I don't want to see her having to scrub and scrub at anything. Especially not that old cookware that needs bleaching every how ever often she does it. I figure, just washing the dishes once ought to be enough.
My husband was absolutely no help since he doesn't drink it either. I can't imagine wanting to drink something that requires this much effort.

How do all of you Southern girls 'cook' your iced tea? Will our executive cookware alleviate some of her drama around this process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have a Mr Coffee Iced Tea maker and it makes perfect tea!

Tea is very bad to stain - but I'm not so sure she'll have the problem in the exec cookware. A lot of times the 'tea film' is a result of leaving to steep in the pot for too long and possibly boiling the bags (which you aren't supposed to do - she may not want you to tell her that though!)

I think she might ruin the exec if she puts bleach in it.

I am not from the South, but I have made tea (chai) in my Exec saucepan. I bring the water to a boil, then add loose tea leaves and boil for a while, then add milk and let that heat up. I have not noticed any film and washed my saucepan the same as I do for anything else.

Hope that helps -

1. What is the difference between the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware and other Pampered Chef cookware collections?

The Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware collection is specifically designed for Southern cuisine, featuring unique shapes and sizes that are perfect for dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, and fried chicken. It also has a special non-stick coating that is perfect for cooking delicate Southern favorites like grits and eggs.

2. Is the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware compatible with all stovetops?

Yes, the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware is compatible with all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. The cookware is made with high-quality materials that ensure even heat distribution and can withstand high heat levels.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware. The non-stick coating can be easily scratched or damaged by metal utensils. We recommend using silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils to maintain the quality of the cookware.

4. How do I clean and care for my Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware?

To clean the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers. The cookware is also dishwasher safe for convenience. To prolong the life of the non-stick coating, it is important to avoid using metal utensils and to use low to medium heat while cooking.

5. Is the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Southern Cheffer's Exec Cookware is covered by a limited lifetime warranty. This warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship and will be replaced or repaired at no cost to you. Please refer to the warranty information included with your cookware for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • pcmomof2or3
  • Products and Tips
Replies