• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay I Have to Brag on Myself for a Sec

In summary, Leah's husband is an electrical engineer and she has two years left in school before she starts graduate school. Her son is a train lover and gets his brain from her husband.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
This is non PC or CS related... everyone should know that I have been going to school full time, well I just got my grades and the verdict is....... my over all GPA is 3.555 for the term and my career GPA is 3.52!!!!!

My DH said " well now don't' I just feel dumb compared to my wife"... I asked him what does that mean.. he said" I am engineer and your a business major that is what that means" LOL!!! I really don't' get it but who cares!!:D :D :D :D

Congratulations...I know from experience how hard that is to do with work, kids, etc.

...and don't read into engineer jokes, they're sometimes stupid and pointless...I know - I am an engineer!

My DH and I have a running joke between us.... He can't doing accounting and I don't understand Trig.. so we call it an even trade.... LOL And thanks!

janetupnorth said:
Congratulations...I know from experience how hard that is to do with work, kids, etc.

...and don't read into engineer jokes, they're sometimes stupid and pointless...I know - I am an engineer!
Whooooooo! Whooooooooooooooooo! <chugga chugga chugga chugga...>

KG I think our lives would be rather dull without you LOL

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Whooooooo! Whooooooooooooooooo! <chugga chugga chugga chugga...>

Yeah, I got an engineer cap from someone for my college graduation.

Did you get your son one of those this year when he graduated?????

...and figures that I have a son who LOVES trains! He is outside the back door right now gathering scraps of wood from the woodpile and putting them across a railroad tie to make pretend railroad tracks...as I'm typing he just pushed his toy car up to the "railroad crossing"...

Way to go, smartie pants! (But I mean that in the nicest way!)

Thanks You Guys !!!!..... I have two years left in school before I start graduate school... I am getting my undergrad in Business Management ......

Leah - You'll find graduate school SO much easier than undergrad (at least I did). If you can do good now, you'll do great then!

That is what my father said too.... I go to a writing intensive university... so rather than take test I spend all of my time writing papers...... LOL the final for one of my classes I had to write a 3,000 word paper.. took me three days to do it but I did it!!

Congrats!!!
My husband is an electrical engineer for Texas Instruments!!
I am clueless about so much the kids get their brains from him!!

Thanks my DH is a Mechanical engineer for Lextro they build the little cars that push the airplanes away from the gates at the airports. he calls them tugs.... I call them cars..... I have no brains when it comes to that hehehe!!!!

Congratulations!

Thanks Rae.....

Related to Okay I Have to Brag on Myself for a Sec

1. How can I effectively brag about my achievements without coming across as arrogant?

One way to brag without sounding arrogant is to focus on specific accomplishments rather than general statements about yourself. This can include sharing statistics, testimonials, or other evidence of your success.

2. What are some appropriate situations to brag about myself in a professional setting?

It is appropriate to brag about yourself in situations where you are asked about your accomplishments, such as during a job interview or performance review. You can also share your achievements in a networking or industry event.

3. Is it okay to use humor when bragging about myself?

Using humor can be an effective way to brag without sounding too serious or self-absorbed. However, be careful not to overdo it or use self-deprecating humor, as this can undermine your achievements.

4. How can I make my bragging more relatable to others?

One way to make your bragging more relatable is to tie it to a larger goal or mission. For example, instead of just mentioning a promotion, you can talk about how it aligns with your passion for making a positive impact in your industry.

5. Should I brag about my failures as well as my successes?

It is not always necessary to mention your failures when bragging about yourself. However, if you can share how you overcame a challenge or learned from a mistake, it can demonstrate resilience and growth, making your bragging more authentic and relatable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MegPChef
Replies
Views
pamperedalf