• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok.. Trying to Conceive and Have Question

In summary, a woman recently went off her birth control and is wondering if it's normal for her period to not start right away. She asks for advice and receives various responses, including the possibility of being pregnant and the recommendation to start charting her fertility. The conversation also includes some humorous comments about pregnancy and sex.
Well i took a test this morning and it was negative...about 30 minutes later my period started!!!! Darn it.Now for the next question.. since I didn't realize that my period was going to start today can i start my charting tomorrow morning. DH had his pharmacy order me the BBT so that I can track my temp.

... Amanda. I got a neg. :( GOSH! What is the BBT?

Uggghhhh!!!!
mandydollie said:
Well i took a test this morning and it was negative...about 30 minutes later my period started!!!! Darn it.

Now for the next question.. since I didn't realize that my period was going to start today can i start my charting tomorrow morning. DH had his pharmacy order me the BBT so that I can track my temp.

I hate when that happens!!! I had that happen to me a month before I actually got a positive response. I was so sad and mad, then I laughed because I fooled myself into thinking I was pregnant. Also I might have been having some PMS and suffering from abnormal hormones. I was very moody that month and frustrated. The Lord has perfect timing though.

Debbie :D

Margie, I'm going to do the charting. The BBT is the Basel Body Thermometer. So starting tomorrow i'll be charting.

Are those temp readers really expensive? ... I am thinking that IF I was preggers right now, I wouldn't get a + result until like the first weeks of March. SO we will see then...... Let me know how that works out Amanda!

I got my BBT for $10 at my local Fred Meyer by the condoms and pregnancy tests... I wonder why they keep condoms and pregnancy tests together???

I got married December 1st.... ( I am baby hungry beyond belief) Went off the pill in January... I really hate it my cycle was last week.... stupid me wouldnt' let my new DH touch me... HA i guess that is what I get...... I have a five year old... but I cant' remeber should I worry if my cycle is really short... like three -four days?? becasue mine was really short this time... bit nervous about it.... its one of those things I want to be prego but scared to.... Got any suggestions... yes we have the newlywed syndrom going on too!!! :)

I got my thermometer for like $10 at the grocery store where my husband works. Today was the first day of taking my temp since I had no idea that my period was going to start yesterday. I set my alarm for 5 am since that is when DH gets up every morning to go to work..figured that would be the easiest way.
For those of you who are using the charting method... my temp today at 5 am was 98.2... this seems high if I look at the example chart that came with my thermometer. Can anyone tell me what normal waking temps are supposed to be. I get very warm at night when i sleep so i'm not sure if this is a normal temp or not.

Last edited:
A great site for temping is www.fertilityfriend.com , i use it very simple . You put in your temp every morning it keeps track of everything for you ! It is free too. I bought a VIP member ship $25.00 for 90 days.
We have been TTC #3 for 10 months, iam hopeing this month is it !!!

Danielle, that is where i'm doing my charting at. It's a wonderful site full of tons of information. I'm in my free trial VIP membership right now, but if necessary i will for sure be buying a membership when that is up at the end of March.

gilliandanielle said:
I wonder why they keep condoms and pregnancy tests together???
For the "oops" factor. :D

Charting is really easy if you are consistent. The main thing is your waking temp, but many factors can mess with it. You have to take it right when you wake up (before getting out of bed) and at the same time every day. Charts can be better read with other factors like cervical mucous, cervical position, etc. and show you when you have ovulated. Once you can see when you are ovulating you can plan to "baby-dance" around that time. I charted at www.fertilityfriend.com and found out I was preggo the same day my $25 3 month VIP charge processed on my CC, LMAO!!!

SillyChef said:
That is good to know!!! Off to buy a test....;)

The pregnancy tests from the dollar store really do work!

Gillian, I'm confused by the whole cervical mucus and cervix positioning part of this. I was sitting here reading the other night and commented to Scott how I just THOUGHT that we were taught sex ed in school because all of this was very interesting to me. I will be interested to see if I can figure out the 'technical" side of charting. I am ok with temp taking, but checking my mucus.... doctor????

Iagre with what everyone else has said. I would give it another week or so to take a pregnancy test but if you can't wait I would take one soon. I was on the pill for 2 or more years and than went off and was pregnant within a couple of weeks. Than after having my first child I went on the shot. They told me that it would take a year for it to get out of my system but the last shot was in November and I was pregnant in June. So your body is the one who tells you what is up? Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

<h2>1. How long does it take for my cycle to return to normal after going off birth control?</h2><p>It varies for each person, but it can take some time for your body to adjust after stopping birth control. It may take a few months for your cycle to regulate and become regular again.</p><h2>2. Should I take a pregnancy test if my period is late after going off birth control?</h2><p>It's always a good idea to take a pregnancy test if your period is late, especially if you have been sexually active. Birth control can sometimes affect your hormone levels and make your period irregular, but it's always better to be sure.</p><h2>3. Can going off birth control affect my fertility?</h2><p>No, going off birth control should not affect your fertility in the long term. Your body may need some time to adjust and regulate your cycle, but it should not affect your ability to conceive in the future.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have a delayed period after going off birth control?</h2><p>Yes, it is normal for your period to be delayed or irregular after going off birth control. This is because your body needs time to adjust and regulate its own hormone production.</p><h2>5. When should I see a doctor if my period is still irregular after going off birth control?</h2><p>If your period is consistently irregular or you are experiencing other symptoms, it may be a good idea to consult with your doctor. They can help determine if there are any underlying issues and provide guidance on how to regulate your cycle.</p>

1. How long does it take for my cycle to return to normal after going off birth control?

It varies for each person, but it can take some time for your body to adjust after stopping birth control. It may take a few months for your cycle to regulate and become regular again.

2. Should I take a pregnancy test if my period is late after going off birth control?

It's always a good idea to take a pregnancy test if your period is late, especially if you have been sexually active. Birth control can sometimes affect your hormone levels and make your period irregular, but it's always better to be sure.

3. Can going off birth control affect my fertility?

No, going off birth control should not affect your fertility in the long term. Your body may need some time to adjust and regulate your cycle, but it should not affect your ability to conceive in the future.

4. Is it normal to have a delayed period after going off birth control?

Yes, it is normal for your period to be delayed or irregular after going off birth control. This is because your body needs time to adjust and regulate its own hormone production.

5. When should I see a doctor if my period is still irregular after going off birth control?

If your period is consistently irregular or you are experiencing other symptoms, it may be a good idea to consult with your doctor. They can help determine if there are any underlying issues and provide guidance on how to regulate your cycle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
Replies
Views
Ish
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224