1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Personal OT - Question for our more medically knowledgeable Cheffers

1. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I had a cyst-like growth on my ring finger a couple of months ago, which grew (never very large, but it was a "growth"), and started changing in appearance. I assumed it was a wart, went to Rite-Aid and bought a Compound-W treatment, which I applied faithfully for two weeks. By the end, the growth had dried up and fallen off (in the interim it was really disgusting looking, but at least it was covered from public view by the bandage). There is still a pin prick bump there with a dark(ish) center, but no further growing or change in appearance.

The other day I noticed I have a bump in the palm of my right hand - so small it is not even visible, but I can feel it, and now I find there are two much larger bumps in the bend of my thumb on that hand. These two are definitely visible, at least to me, and are either white or fluid-filled.

Before the growth from a couple of months ago, I've never had warts before, so don't even know for sure this is how they start out. My questions, then, are does this sound like warts to you, and, is this something which would be worth a doctor's visit to determine why I'm suddenly getting them, and so many? Or, if they are warts, should I just continue treating them OTC, and quit being such a hypochondriac?

TIA!

Jul 31, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I don't have much medical knowledge, but I would suggest a visit to a dermatologist.

Jul 31, 2009
  3. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I second visiting a dermatologist, you just never know. My mom is always having things removed that you wouldn't think were anything and a few times have been pre-cancerous. Not to scare you, but you are better safe than sorry.

Jul 31, 2009
  4. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

They may be cysts, I'd go and check it out

Jul 31, 2009
  5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Thank you all for the advice. Of course, I was really hoping to hear "stop being such a wuss, Sarah. They're warts, just go to the store and get more Compound-W.":D

Oh well, guess I'll call the doctor and see if there's an appointment available any time soon.

Jul 31, 2009
  6. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Dermatologist is my vote.

Jul 31, 2009
  7. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Me too. Little unexplained bumps any where can be a sign of different things. You could have warts. You could have a rash type thing. You could even have an infection of some type. I would not think twice about going to a doctor of some sort.

Jul 31, 2009
  8. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

Go to the dermo - even warts are treated there -they can show up again in different areas.. always err on the cautious side - better to have it checked out then not!

Jul 31, 2009
Have something to add?