• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Ot - Question for Our More Medically Knowledgeable Cheffers

In summary, Sarah had a growth on her ring finger that grew, and eventually dried up and fell off. She also has a bump on her palm that is smaller, but she can feel it. Additionally, she has two bumps on her thumb that are visible. All of these bumps may be related, and Sarah should go to a doctor to check them out.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I had a cyst-like growth on my ring finger a couple of months ago, which grew (never very large, but it was a "growth"), and started changing in appearance. I assumed it was a wart, went to Rite-Aid and bought a Compound-W treatment, which I applied faithfully for two weeks. By the end, the growth had dried up and fallen off (in the interim it was really disgusting looking, but at least it was covered from public view by the bandage). There is still a pin prick bump there with a dark(ish) center, but no further growing or change in appearance.

The other day I noticed I have a bump in the palm of my right hand - so small it is not even visible, but I can feel it, and now I find there are two much larger bumps in the bend of my thumb on that hand. These two are definitely visible, at least to me, and are either white or fluid-filled.

Before the growth from a couple of months ago, I've never had warts before, so don't even know for sure this is how they start out. My questions, then, are does this sound like warts to you, and, is this something which would be worth a doctor's visit to determine why I'm suddenly getting them, and so many? Or, if they are warts, should I just continue treating them OTC, and quit being such a hypochondriac?

TIA!

I don't have much medical knowledge, but I would suggest a visit to a dermatologist.

I second visiting a dermatologist, you just never know. My mom is always having things removed that you wouldn't think were anything and a few times have been pre-cancerous. Not to scare you, but you are better safe than sorry.

They may be cysts, I'd go and check it out

Thank you all for the advice. Of course, I was really hoping to hear "stop being such a wuss, Sarah. They're warts, just go to the store and get more Compound-W.":D

Oh well, guess I'll call the doctor and see if there's an appointment available any time soon.

Dermatologist is my vote.

Me too. Little unexplained bumps any where can be a sign of different things. You could have warts. You could have a rash type thing. You could even have an infection of some type. I would not think twice about going to a doctor of some sort.

Go to the dermo - even warts are treated there -they can show up again in different areas.. always err on the cautious side - better to have it checked out then not!

1. What is the best way to prevent food poisoning?

The best way to prevent food poisoning is to practice good food safety habits such as washing your hands before handling food, properly storing and cooking food, and avoiding cross-contamination between raw and cooked foods. It is also important to pay attention to expiration dates and properly handle and store leftovers.

2. Can certain foods help boost the immune system?

Yes, certain foods such as fruits, vegetables, and foods rich in vitamin C and zinc can help boost the immune system. These include citrus fruits, leafy greens, and lean proteins like chicken and fish. It is also important to maintain a well-balanced diet and stay hydrated to support a healthy immune system.

3. Is it safe to eat raw cookie dough?

No, it is not safe to eat raw cookie dough due to the risk of foodborne illness from raw eggs and raw flour. It is best to wait until the dough is cooked before consuming it.

4. How can I reduce my sodium intake without sacrificing flavor?

One way to reduce sodium intake without sacrificing flavor is to use herbs, spices, and citrus juices as seasoning instead of salt. Additionally, choosing fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables over canned options can also help reduce sodium intake. Experimenting with different flavors and cooking techniques can also add variety and enhance the taste of dishes without relying on salt.

5. Are there any health benefits to cooking with olive oil?

Yes, there are several health benefits to cooking with olive oil. Olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated fats, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve overall health. However, it is important to use olive oil in moderation as it is still a fat and high in calories.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • sfdavis918