• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long

In summary, Laurie shares her experience of a recent car accident caused by a blown tire while driving on the freeway. She expresses her gratitude for the two strangers who helped her change the tire and her fear of driving again. Other members of the conversation offer prayers and support, sharing their own experiences with car accidents. The topic of tire recalls is also mentioned.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I feel really weird asking for a prayer request for myself, however, help right now would do me wonder's I think!

This past Friday I was on my way to pick up my DS from school and I had back rear tire blow on my Expedition. Now mind you, I was on the freeway going 60-65 mph and had just passed three semi's. I shot across three lanes of traffic to the right and then back across all four lanes of traffic to finally come to a stop on the left hand shoulder. It felt like my car was going to flip a couple of times. All I could think of was I just passed three semi's, I just passed three semi's and the song Jesus Take the Wheel, by Carrie Underwood instantly came into my head.

When I did stop I had two wonderful angels :angel:, at least that is what I call them. They were two young men in there early twenties stop and ask me if I was okay. My main concern was if anyone else was hurt. THANK GOD, no one was hurt! These wonderful angels, quickly changed my tire, which had completly blown apart and lost most of the tread on it. Believe or not I even did my show that night, got there a half an hour late, but the show went on. :)

I am driving my DH truck now, because I absolutely refuse to drive my car. We all went to dinner last night and I totally freaked everytime, we hit a bump or dip in the road. I need your prayer's to be able to ride in my car again, without having a panic attack. I feel so stupid about this, but I am hoping that GOD will watch over me and give me the strength to get past this fear.

Last edited:
Absolutely will pray! I had a car accident the first time I drove a long trip on the expressway by myself (totalled my parents car!) and I remember how shaken up I was for a long time afterwards. Took me a long time to get back my confidence (especially after moving here and having to drive on the "wrong" side of the road.

Anyway, back to the point, I will pray for you right now Laurie, and also thank God for keeping you safe.

Laurie~

God's hand was definately on you, and I praise Him that you are safe...that could have been a HORRIBLE accident!

He will help you through this, one step at a time. It is very normal to feel unsure of yourself AND your car right now. It will come back with time and with "practice" (you know...actually driving). I pray that God speaks to your heart and helps to calm you. He kept you safe then, and He will keep you safe in the future. Remember that ALL THINGS are filtered through His hands...so accident or no accident, He had you in the palm of His hand and He will continue to do that every day.

Remember to stop and say a prayer before you start the car...perhaps just refocusing on Him and His power, goodness, and love will help you to stay calm.

Glad you are okay Laurie - just give yourself time to get over your fear - my sister (on Easter Sunday last year) was in the car with her husband and 2 sons (her husband was driving) when he passed out on the tollway(he had been sick with the flu) - she couldn't get his foot off the accelerator and was freaking out trying to figure out what to do - by the grace of God she was able to get the car into the median of the road without hitting anyone or anything and was able to stop the car - she ended up at the intersection of Peace Rd. - we know God was watching over her and her family that day - for a while there after she was having panic attacks on the tollway if she had to drive but has gotten back to herself. It just takes time. I still flinch 2 1/2 years after being t-boned at an intersection when a truck blew through a red light and totalled my van. I'm even more cautious now (not such a bad thing) - just give yourself a chance to breathe - take care!

Laurie - you are safe! That is what matters.What year Expedition you have and how old are your tires?Awhile back there was a recall on truck tires. We got a '94 Chevy Surburban a year or so ago and DH's front tire blew on the highway. We inspected the tires closely after that and figured out that someone had retreaded the recalls!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyway, you might feel more secure after you take your vehicle to a good tire shop and have them inspect them for you and help ease your nerves a bit.

I feel for you! I sometimes have anxiety attacks when other people drive. Usually not bad ones but I can be a pretty annoying back seat driver. I was in a minor accident in high school over 10 years ago and I still don't think I'm over it. I pray that God helps you with this issue! And thank God you made it through the whole ordeal safely!

janetupnorth said:
What year Expedition you have and how old are your tires?

I have a 2004 Expedition. We are actually going to get all new tires on the car when we get our tax return back. It is going to cost over $600 for them. Yikes, but as my loving DH told me I'm worth it. I think once that is done, I will be a little better about getting in the car.

Thanks everyone for all of your prayers!

pamperedpals said:
I have a 2004 Expedition. We are actually going to get all new tires on the car when we get our tax return back. It is going to cost over $600 for them. Yikes, but as my loving DH told me I'm worth it. I think once that is done, I will be a little better about getting in the car.

Thanks everyone for all of your prayers!

He-he - ask him if you're worth $600 and an hour massage to help ease your stress!

I'll be praying for you. I know that must have been such a scary time for you. I'm so glad that you are ok.

You'll be in my prayers. Remember that the Lord did not give us a spirit of fear. He can help you overcome.

Wow, what an experience! Do we need to pray for you? It sounds like you already have the world's best guardian angel! If it gets worse, go see someone, otherwise give yourself some time. I'll see you on the stage at conference!

I'm glad you asked! Asking for what you need ~ here you go ~ LOTS of prayers!

Wow, I'm so glad you are okay! It takes a while to get over the shock from something like this. My daughter and I were in an accident about 3 years ago. A guy pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop. Luckly we were okay, but my car was totalled. It was so hard for me to drive afterward and my heart would race if I heard a horn honking! It took me about 6-8 months to feel better. I never would have thought it would take that long, but it did.

I'll say prayers for you.

1. What is "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long"?

"Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" is a cookbook written by Pampered Chef consultant, Sarah Smith. It features a collection of delicious recipes and personal stories, along with uplifting reflections and prayers, making it a perfect addition to any kitchen.

2. Who is the author of "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long"?

The author of "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" is Sarah Smith, a Pampered Chef consultant who has been with the company for 10 years. She is passionate about cooking and sharing her faith with others through her writing.

3. Are the recipes in "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" are designed to be easy to follow and use common ingredients that can be found in most kitchens. Each recipe also includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success.

4. Does "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" include any special dietary options?

Yes, "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. There is something for everyone in this cookbook.

5. Can "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" be purchased through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Please Say a Prayer for Me - Kinda Long" can be purchased through any Pampered Chef consultant or on the company's website. It is also available for purchase at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pjpamchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
Replies