• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wondering ... Prayer Please. - Warning... Long

In summary, Diane received a phone call from one of the families she does home day care for informing her that their older child is going to be put into preschool so that their 2 year old can exit her daycare. She feels torn between continuing to operate her home day care and risking not having a certified substitute available, or turning her business over to PC and taking a $1500 hit to her pocketbook. She is encouraged by God's presence at her last year of college conference and is unsure of what the future holds, but is confident that He will guide her.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... yesterday was one year to the day that God prompted me to sign up with PC. It's been a totally awesome experience and I've grown SO much. Yesterday, on the way to do a show with the same gal who hosted the show where I signed up last year, I got a phone call from one of the families whom I do home day care for during the school year. They had decided to put their older child in preschool so she had already exited my daycare but now, due to logistics, they are most likely going to take out their 2 year old as well. OKAY... you needed to know all that because??? Here is why: All summer I've been praying about what God has planned for me with my PC business and we had already decided that this was my last year coming up for my day care. The licensing restrictions and hoops that have to be jumped through are very strict, as they need to be for some people, and I am weary of my home being open to drop in inspections etc. It's difficult with 8 people living her plus the day care kids to keep everything put up and away etc. I have also not been able to reach any of the people on my waiting list to fill the 2 spots that I already had open and now, after yesterday I have 3 openings. I have no official, certified substitute available to me which creates the feeling of being jailed in my own home just a bit. SO... I stand at a crossroads! During Conference My director asked if I was going to be qualifed to attend Leadership and I told she and all my clustermates that were there that if God wanted me there, HE would fix my situation of not having a substitute for my daycare. At conference I felt a huge peace that God plans to increase my business, I don't know how yet but I am certainly excited by this peace. SO... when I got this call yesterday, which would leave me with one little girl that I have cared for since infancy, I have the option of turning in my license and being free with just this one girl and my own little Jayna and being able to drive them places, hiring anyone to fill in for me if I need it and not being "overseen" by anyone. HOWEVER ... I will take a $1500 per month hit in the pocketbook... needless to say, I still feel God's peace around about me but He is sure challenging me to rely on Him and we can pare down some expenses but there are some that my daycare income has to cover... or my PC income... can it grow that much as quickly as I need it to????? PLEASE.... if you've made it this far with me... PLEASE pray for me that I can clearly know God's will on this... it effects our family ... it's exciting to dream about and without having just been to conference I don't think I'd be capable of dreaming that without the experience God gave me... TIA for reading this and for praying ... I'm PMS's on top of all of this so I'm a bit extra emotional which isn't helping too much!

I'm not in the exact same situation, but in the same situation with PC and my PT job...
Thanks for sharing! Now I know I really am not alone in this journey!!!

Diane, everything happens for a reason. I think this is God's way of telling you that you will be able to focus more on PC. I will say a prayer that you'll get the clarity you desire to see His plan for you.

Can't tell you where your business will go - just keep praying and pushing forward.

However, I can pray and know He will answer!

Here is some encouragement for you:

"I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice,...I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights..." James 1:17

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27.

I know what your going through. I have been unemployed since the end of April. I am on unemployment and it will go to October. So basically I need to kick PC into high gear before that. Otherwise I will need to go back to work. I want to be here in the afternoon when my son gets out of school. But you are right in thinking that God will lead the way. When I finally excepted that, I started to relax a lot more. I feel for you!!

Diane, I am reminded of the passage of Scripture that talks about how after the storm, and the wind, and the loud noise - God than speaks in a still, small voice......it's that inner voice that sounds so loud in our ears, yet is not audible - the Spirit speaking to you. From reading your post - it sounds like that may already be happening - just waiting for you to acknowledge it!

I will be praying also!

Diane, I know exactly where you're coming from! When I started a year and a half ago I prayed and talked with God to see if this is where he's wanted me to go. I have done absolutely everything wrong you can possibly do with pc, lol no, really, I have. But this is where I belong.One thing that struck me at conf (wave 1) is this year the speakers (a couple of them) talked about God. Even at our exec dinner. They didn't do that last year (except to pray over the meal). That really struck me and let me know I'm where I need to be. I will keep you in my prayers."Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Aawwww ... y'all have got me totally in tears... good tears.... thanks SO much! I've been SO blessed by God through PC this past year... I tremble thinking about what He may be bringing next... I hope I'm found faithful to complete the tasks... I sure want it all!

quiverfull7 said:
Aawwww ... y'all have got me totally in tears... good tears.... thanks SO much! I've been SO blessed by God through PC this past year... I tremble thinking about what He may be bringing next... I hope I'm found faithful to complete the tasks... I sure want it all!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

quiverfull7 said:

We had a message at church a few weeks back.......I need to find my notes - but I remember our pastor saying something to the effect of: " If it's something you know that you can do on your own, than it's not from God - God calls us to do what is impossible on our own - but totally possible when God is leading."

Nothing is impossible with God!

Have you ever read Henry Blackaby's book - Experiencing God - knowing and doing the Will of God? Excellent book - and I think speaks to your situation right now!

Okay, you have the dreambreak it into reality for yourself. You need $1500/month income. That is $6000/month in sales (at 25% commission). How many shows is that for you based on your show average? That will tell you how many you need to book.

Good luck, sounds like you are headed down a great path!

Robin

priscilla said:
break it into reality for yourself. You need $1500/month income. That is $6000/month in sales (at 25% commission). How many shows is that for you based on your show average? That will tell you how many you need to book.

Good luck, sounds like you are headed down a great path!

Robin
And if you build a team (it CAN be done in just a few months!) and promote the income DOES go up!

chrpangel said:
I have done absolutely everything wrong you can possibly do with pc, lol no, really, I have. But this is where I belong.

That's so true! I think all of us have made every mistake possible! But we need to know what doesn't work sometimes just as much as we need to know what does work.

There is a great article on savings accounts on msn.com main page. I use everything PC offers us including the insurance from PRO (with my insurance going from $497 a month to $134 a month) and I use the Prinicpal IRA... they take $50 out of my check each month and with the growth from that in one year, I have over $1100 saved just from my $50 a month investment!!!

PC is SO good to us and what's great is that we can bump up our show schedule when we need to and cut back when we need to! What other jobs can you say that about?????

NONE! ABSOLUTELY NONE! That's why I'm loving it! You are all so wonderful! The support here is beyond fabulous! My show average has dipped a bit lately... I booked several shows in a group of friends who are ... hmmmm.... not real profitiable ... but I SHALL NOT prejudge... my next star may be among them... who knows right? I'm pumping up my host coaching to a higher level and am just praying praying praying! Y'ALL are an answer to lots of prayers! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane~

I read your post and decided to SKIP reading anyone's response so far. I am praying that God will use me to speak to you- and I don't want anyone elses responses to get in "the way" of what He wants me to say to you. So, right now I amy typing and praying at the same time- bear with me!

What I have noticed in your posts- and now with actually meeting you face to face at NC!- is that you are a caring Godly woman that really wants to listen to what God has in store for you and your family. I am so glad that you were able to experience NC in such a way that you felt God guiding you even there! I feel led to tell you that God is moving you and your business in HIS direction. There is a song by the group FFH (stands for Far From Home if you aren't familiar with them...) that says "Lord Move, or MOVE ME." So, with that said, I think He is moving you. I battle all of the time about making decisions and am I making it because "God is speaking to me" or because "it's where I WANT to go" That is such a hard thing. Keep praying. He WILL give you a sense of peace with what ever decision He is leading you to make. It may not be EASY, and you still may feel FEAR, but if it is HIS will, you will feel His peace!

As your sister in Christ, I love you and I pray that he will guide you in a way that is UNMISTAKABLE!

He is great and will do great things through you Diane!

OK, now I will post this and go read what everyone else had to say! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
We had a message at church a few weeks back.......I need to find my notes - but I remember our pastor saying something to the effect of: " If it's something you know that you can do on your own, than it's not from God - God calls us to do what is impossible on our own - but totally possible when God is leading."

Nothing is impossible with God!

Have you ever read Henry Blackaby's book - Experiencing God - knowing and doing the Will of God? Excellent book - and I think speaks to your situation right now!

Becky~

I was thinking as I was responding to Diane that God may even choose to use the words He wanted me to say to help someone else.

I just wanted to let you know how much your post spoke to my heart. God has been telling me that HE will build me a team- not me. I am sitting here shaking. God has spoken this to me through many avenues. My Director (who is a godly woman), Darla Oelman (who is a godly woman), Julie Weiss (speaker at our Feb. regional) others that I can't even name, and now the SAME from what you are saying to Diane. I really don't know how much LOUDER he could be talking to me. And yet, I still doubt because I doubt myself. I know that as soon as I "let go" it will happen. Diane~ You and I need to get out of our own way!! LOL:p

chrpangel said:
Diane, I know exactly where you're coming from! When I started a year and a half ago I prayed and talked with God to see if this is where he's wanted me to go. I have done absolutely everything wrong you can possibly do with pc, lol no, really, I have. But this is where I belong.

One thing that struck me at conf (wave 1) is this year the speakers (a couple of them) talked about God. Even at our exec dinner. They didn't do that last year (except to pray over the meal). That really struck me and let me know I'm where I need to be. I will keep you in my prayers.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Gina~
I am constantly amazed at how many godly people there are in PC. I know it's not a 100% Christian organization...but I do feel comfortable that God has surrounded me with lots of them in PC! I was also impressed (Wave 2) at how many people who walked the stage or who spoke that gave the credit to God. I know He has led me to this company for a reason!

Diane, I feel certain that either way you will succeed. Set your goals, and see if you can step up your business to meet those goals. Making changes can be scary, but sometimes you just have to listen, and then jump in feet first.

Okay... here I am in yet another puddle of tears. Thank you Kelly and everyone! God is washing over me with waves of peace that peace that comes from the deep down joy of know and enjoying that HE is in control! I'll get my kids to download that song for me! Also... the song that has been in my mind is "God Is In Control" ... can't think of the gal who sang it at this very moment... it will come to me. I get VERY excited thinking about what is coming which gives me even more of the feeling that God is BUSY! I committed when I started PC to give Him the glory for what happens as I try to do in all areas of my life and He has certainly given me lots of reasons for praising Him! I've been impacted by so many people that I've come to know in the last year and He knows I needed renewal and direction and I'm SO excited to meet and work with whomever He has waiting for me to share this business with. I was heavily impacted by the focus they gave at NC on "It's NOT about ME" ! I LOVED that! I have been praying today and laying all of this before the Lord and I'm not just moving out of the drivers seat... I'm jumping in the BACK SEAT of God's Limo ... that's what I see Him showing me... you know why a limo????? There's lots of room for more team members there!!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! for EVERYTHING! May I be used to bring YOU GLORY!

Kathy Tricolli (sp?) or possibly Twila Paris.

Yep. Twila Paris. Now I am singing it in my head!!

YES! Thanks!

Diane, I'll be praying for you. As my pastor often says, when you've been truly praying and seeking His will and find that you know that you know that you know, it's most likely God's will. With that peace you're describing, it sounds like you know that you know.I've also decided to really focus on my PC business and scale back my temp work. The Furry Guy is on board, especially since he sees me ramping up my business. Now, all I need to do is get that recruiting thing down. :)

ooooo... recruiting is my totally weakest point. I am relying on God to help me out with this as well! BTW.. it was SO fun to meet you and all the other Cheffer's ... that's for always pointing them out for me!

I'll be praying for you as well!!!

I often sing the song, "God will make a way, where there seems to be no way."

It is sooooooooo true!!

You are SO right! Thanks!

YOu guys have had some really inspirational things to say to this thread!!! Things that I really needed to hear too! THANK YOU!!!!!!Another thought that came to mind that I've heard somewhere, maybe here!, over and over again....God's not going to put anything in front of you that you can't handle! So comforting!!!! I know there are many days that I just want to lock myself in my room and burst into tears because life seems so frustrating and overwhelming....It's all going to be OK though....I need to just put my life and my concerns in HIS hands more!!! I really haven't done that enough....need to refocus!!!! But God is good, all the time!!!Thanks everybody for sharing!!! and Best Wishes Diane!!!!

MamaChef said:
YOu guys have had some really inspirational things to say to this thread!!! Things that I really needed to hear too! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Another thought that came to mind that I've heard somewhere, maybe here!, over and over again....God's not going to put anything in front of you that you can't handle! So comforting!!!! I know there are many days that I just want to lock myself in my room and burst into tears because life seems so frustrating and overwhelming....It's all going to be OK though....I need to just put my life and my concerns in HIS hands more!!! I really haven't done that enough....need to refocus!!!! But God is good, all the time!!!

Thanks everybody for sharing!!! and Best Wishes Diane!!!!

I want to thank all of you who posted on this thread.. I got on last night after coming home from seeing my sister in one hospital, and my brother in another hospital. I was really heavy hearted with the news that I got about my sister. We found out that she has a very fast growing and aggressive cancer. We won't kow the prognosis until next week some time, but the doctors are not very optomistic. They told us to start praying. My brother is in with a heart problem and that wasn't good news either. I am the youngest of 6 and we are a very close family. My faith is the biggest part of my life, and I couldn't get by without Christ as my Savior.
Why am I telling you this??? Because when I started reading this thread, All the scripture that was listed on here was exactly what I had to hear. It was God's way of reminding me that I was not alone, and to bring it to Him. My family had prayed in my sister's room before we left, but this was such a comfort to me when I got home and started thinking about things. Sorry this
is so long, but I wanted to say Thank you to all of you for reminding me that I am not alone.
Dianne

Dianne~

I am sorry to hear what your family is facing right now. I am glad, though, that God used this thread to speak to you the words that you needed to hear. He is such an amazing God! I pray that you will have good news from the doctors next week, and that He will give you the strength to get through this one day at a time.

In His love,
Kelly

Diane, at bible study this week there was a saying something to the effect of there are three stages to a problem, Impossible, Difficult, and Done. Through HIM all things are possible!

Diane and Kelly, there's a song by Jeremy Camp (I think it's him) called Empty Me. My fav line is the refrain "I want more of you and less of me..."

And, when things get a bit rough, try this one "when I'm worried and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep and I fall asleep counting my blessings" Bing Crosby, White Christmas :)

Good Luck and know that you are in my prayers :)

Thanks so much Kelly and Gina. Your prayers mean a lot to me. I just love that there are so many Christian women in Pampered Chef and that we can and do pray for each other. Thanks again. Dianne

1. What is "Wondering... Prayer Please"?

"Wondering... Prayer Please" is a popular prayer request that many people use on social media. It is a way for people to reach out and ask for prayers from their friends and family for any specific situations or needs they may have.

2. How do I participate in "Wondering... Prayer Please"?

To participate in "Wondering... Prayer Please", you can simply comment on a post that includes the phrase, or you can create your own post asking for prayers. You can also join prayer groups on social media that specifically focus on sharing prayer requests.

3. Is "Wondering... Prayer Please" limited to a specific religion?

No, "Wondering... Prayer Please" is not limited to a specific religion. It is a phrase that anyone of any faith or belief can use to request prayers and support from their community.

4. Can I request prayers for someone else using "Wondering... Prayer Please"?

Yes, you can absolutely request prayers for someone else using "Wondering... Prayer Please". Many people use this phrase to ask for prayers for a loved one who may be going through a difficult time or facing a challenge.

5. Is there a specific format for using "Wondering... Prayer Please"?

There is no specific format for using "Wondering... Prayer Please". You can use the phrase in whatever way feels comfortable and authentic to you. Some people may include specific details about their request, while others may simply ask for prayers without providing any specific information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• c00p
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • texaschef