• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh No - Tomorrow's Show Had to Cancel

In summary, the host has to cancel her show for tomorrow afternoon due to her elderly mother breaking her pelvis. The host needs to be with her mother, so the show is being rescheduled. The dilemma is whether to keep the sitter and work on the business or spend the afternoon with the host's son. Suggestions were to split the time and do both, or to take some time for oneself. Another person shared a similar experience and how it worked out in the end. Some suggested taking some time for oneself and working on the business at a coffee shop. Overall, it is important to be understanding and prioritize family needs.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My host has to cancel her show for tomorow afternoon :( Her elderly mother fell and broke her pelvis - yikes! - and she needs to be with her (I completely agree). I was so looking forward to her show though - she had 15 confirmed and several other maybes - this is a crowd that I don't know either so I was really looking forward to meeting them :) , booking them :D and recruiting them ;) ! But, she needs to be with her mom and that definatley comes first.

Here's my dilemna. DH is out of town and I have a sitter scheduled. Should I keep the sitter and lock myself in the office and do CCC? I don't normally call people on Sundays and I don't want to impose on their family day. Or should I spend the afternoon with DS - keep in mind that he has been out of school all week for winter break so he hasn't lacked for any attention lately ;) .

What would ya'll do?

I say work your business. If DS has been with you all week, you need the time to work your business. Is your host rescheduling? If so, you could call the guests to let them know when it will be rescheduled and just get to know them a bit before the show.

Don't know when the host is going to reschedule. She is already with her mom and had her friend (who I sort of know) call and tell me. Her friend is handling the cancellations.

I was thinking that even if I don't make calls I could get ahead with some paperwork.

Or go out and have a day to yourself.

Funny you say that Freedom - I was thinking I might just do that too! I could absolutely use a few hours without anyone constantly talking to me ;)

I 2nd the vote for taking some "me" time! That is so rare for Moms......

Linda - I had a similar cancellation in December, the host had 20 confirmed, and had to cancel the day of, because her son's girlfriend was in a serious car accident and had head injuries - in a coma. She wanted to be at the hospital with her son. I helped her contact guests, and told them we would let them know about a new date.

She had her make-up show this week, in the middle of a snow storm. Currently she is at $900 - but is positive she can make $1000, and she has 2 confirmed bookings and is working on a 3rd.:thumbup:

Soooooo, although it was hard to take the cancellation in Dec., it all worked out great - and she really appreciated my help in contacting guests.

Oh - and at her party, she was passing around pictures of her son and girlfriend, taken at their Winter Dance. She is doing really well - still in physical therapy - but completely on the road to recovery!

pamperedlinda said:
My host has to cancel her show for tomorow afternoon :( Her elderly mother fell and broke her pelvis - yikes! - and she needs to be with her (I completely agree). I was so looking forward to her show though - she had 15 confirmed and several other maybes - this is a crowd that I don't know either so I was really looking forward to meeting them :) , booking them :D and recruiting them ;) ! But, she needs to be with her mom and that definatley comes first.

Here's my dilemna. DH is out of town and I have a sitter scheduled. Should I keep the sitter and lock myself in the office and do CCC? I don't normally call people on Sundays and I don't want to impose on their family day. Or should I spend the afternoon with DS - keep in mind that he has been out of school all week for winter break so he hasn't lacked for any attention lately ;) .

What would ya'll do?

I say keep the sitter and do something for yourself, especially since he was out of school. Take some time to do whatever you'd like to do.:)

I say split the time... then it won't be a total wash. If you scheduled the sitter for 4 hours... lock up for 2 and then go out and do something for yourself for 2...win win!

I was just thinking the "split" thing, too. Take a stack of receipts/drawing slips and a phone to a coffee shop, have a piece of cake and make phone calls.

pamperedlinda said:
Funny you say that Freedom - I was thinking I might just do that too! I could absolutely use a few hours without anyone constantly talking to me ;)

But if you are like me I have a hard time finding something to do. I am so used to having my DS with me. Unless its grocery shopping or something at Walmart and thats no fun!!!

Kodeysmom said:
But if you are like me I have a hard time finding something to do. I am so used to having my DS with me. Unless its grocery shopping or something at Walmart and thats no fun!!!
That's so funny! My two DS's are going to Grandma's for a couple of hours and DH and I will be on our own. My first thought was to go to K-Mart and get Easter basket stuff and then come home and declutter a bit! How sad is that! (I should go get a manny-peddy, but then I would feel guilty. That's even more sad!)

I would end up cancelling the sitter and spending time with DS. I seem to never be able to not feel guilty about taking time for myself, although, when I do I LOVE it! I know I will probably grow to value free time even more when I have two, but then that will also be twice the guilt for me!:D

I agree with Colleen and Ann - keep the sitter, work your business for 2 hrs. and then get some much-needed "me" time for the other 2. DS will be fine. :)

Related to Oh No - Tomorrow's Show Had to Cancel

1. What happens if my show has to be canceled?

If your show has to be canceled, you can reschedule for a different date or have a virtual party instead. You can also still earn host rewards by collecting outside orders.

2. Will I lose my host rewards if my show is canceled?

No, you will not lose your host rewards if your show is canceled. You can still earn them by collecting outside orders or rescheduling for a different date.

3. How do I reschedule my show if it has been canceled?

To reschedule your show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will work with you to find a new date that works for both of you.

4. Can I still earn the host special if my show is canceled?

Yes, you can still earn the host special if your show is canceled. You can either reschedule for a different date or collect outside orders to reach the minimum sales needed for the host special.

5. What if I have already invited guests to my show and it gets canceled?

If you have already invited guests to your show and it gets canceled, your consultant can help you switch to a virtual party or reschedule for a different date. Your guests can also still place orders through your consultant's website to support your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Yakmama