• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Month Is Falling Apart.i Had a Show for June 29 Reschedule for

In summary, Carolyn's month is falling apart and she has a meeting tonight but is hoping to get more bookings tomorrow. Her show for tonight has been rescheduled and she is excited for her peanut butter cup trifle and salsa with the salad choppers.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My month is falling apart.
I had a show for June 29 reschedule for the last weekend in July.
My June 9th just rescheduled for June 15th.
And now I got a call this afternoon from my hostess for Thursday night. Her DH was having pain in his arm that the thought was arthritis. After much testing it seems it is a "mass" behind his sternum. He had more testing and it's not looking good - they are expecting more results on Thursday...so she is in no condition to hold her show date. I didn't dare ask her if she wanted to make it a catalog show - she needs to be focusing on her DH right now. poor thing. She was so apologetic and I was like "PLEASE don't apologize to me - you NEED to be focusing on your family right now!"

I'm so sorry, Carolyn. Looks like we'll both be doing CCCs this evening.

I have a meeting tonight but I am write there with you. I only have 3 shows scheduled. I hope I can make a couple calls when I am running to pick up my son this evening and head to the meeting.

Good luck and hope you get a few more.

I'm right there with you on the UGH! I was logging on to share my pity party of how my month is now declining! My Sat host just called to cancel - :(
I was already struggling for shows this month, so I need everything I can get, but on the bright side atleast she wants to reschedule.

Carolyn,

My prayers are with your host's family. I know they must be so frightened at this point.

BethCooks4U said:
Carolyn,

My prayers are with your host's family. I know they must be so frightened at this point.

That's where I am at. My heart just goes out to her. I'll deal with trying to scramble up some bookings tomorrow. Tonight I am writing out a get well soon card to her husband and a note of support to her.

Thats nice, it'll go a long way for encouraging her...

Rebeccascabinet said:
Thats nice, it'll go a long way for encouraging her...

I just can't even imagine what she is going through. They've been married 30+ years.

dannyzmom said:
My month is falling apart.
I had a show for June 29 reschedule for the last weekend in July.
My June 9th just rescheduled for June 15th.
And now I got a call this afternoon from my hostess for Thursday night. Her DH was having pain in his arm that the thought was arthritis. After much testing it seems it is a "mass" behind his sternum. He had more testing and it's not looking good - they are expecting more results on Thursday...so she is in no condition to hold her show date. I didn't dare ask her if she wanted to make it a catalog show - she needs to be focusing on her DH right now. poor thing. She was so apologetic and I was like "PLEASE don't apologize to me - you NEED to be focusing on your family right now!"
I can understand your feelings of your month falling apart, me too! And I so bad want to earn the new products! I've had 3 shows in 5 days scheduled and only one has stuck! And the one for tonight rescheduled because they have to move, (this has all came about in 2 weeks for her!) She was so excited for her show too! She has turned it into a catalog show and is rescheduling for July after I get back from conference. I just have to get on the phone tomorrow and get my month re-secured! I hate the phone:( ! I love to book them at shows, I hate calling to get bookings!
Good luck, Carolyn and my heart goes out to your host!

Sorry to hear Carolyn! If it makes you feel better, I haven't done a cooking show in 2 months!

But...I just called my host for Friday night to check in and reminder her to do her follow-up calls and she is so enthusiastic and doing just as I request. I'm looking forward to Friday now!

I made up a great recipe for a peanut butter cup trifle and when I mentioned it to her, she was SO excited...and we're going to do the salsa with the salad choppers too...

I know, I know, interesting combination, but I like to mix and match with some crowds and let them sample a variety - shows how versitile we can be... :)

Ok, ending hijack of Carolyn's thread...I was so excited coming off the phone that I wanted to post that but not start a whole topic.

Back to Carolyn's topic...keep looking, more shows may come your way when least expected...maybe if the host cancelled you can do some follow-up calls with others at the party (Customer care calls) and someone else might want to have a show since "X" host can't now.

mine is too !!:(
2 of my 5 scheduled re-scheduled (July & Sept) & my Sunday show is on the fence as of this afternoon she may want to reschedule when she can get more guests to show up (only has 5 yes' out of 28 invites)
CRAP!

Meanwhile, by the time I have a few QUIET moments to make CCCs, it's a quarter to nine at night :(

Carolyn - get on the phone with those hosts and others and do the $1000 catalog show!

Good luck Carolyn- I know something will come up for you! I don't have any shows planned for this month but I am just coasting right now. I hope everything turns out okay with your host's DH, and when the time is right I am sure that she will remember how patient and caring you were during her time of need!

cmdtrgd said:
Carolyn - get on the phone with those hosts and others and do the $1000 catalog show!

$1000 catalog show??
Que es?

10 hosts, they each collect $100 in orders, someone gets to be the "big host"

Carolyn!
I think what she is referring to is where you call up 10-12 best past hosts that were good at collecting outside orders and you tell them what's going on and what your goal is, then you ask them if they'd be willing to help. (you can always try to get a cooking show first :) ) And you tell them that you want them to try to get $100-150 in sales. And if they can get more, then tell them to go for it!:) Then after you give them their week or so, you call everyone and get their orders. Then split the rewards up and give each one of them a gift for appreciation. (season's best or a mini serving spatula depends on how generous you feel and how successful it was!)
Rewards could be that each get about $20-30 in free product (depending on sales) and the 30% off discount. You could give the top 4 performers the 1/2 price items also. Your top performer could also get the 60% off item.
When you tell people about the rewards, tell them that the 1/2 price items will go to the top 4 and that the 60% item will go the one with the most sales! It will motivate them to get more!:D :p ;)
By the time it's done you could be looking at quite a great show! I did this when I was prego with my daughter and on bed rest and it worked out great, I had about a 1200.00 show! By the time the hosts are done using their discounts, the show can really add up!
I found that splitting up the rewards makes all of them feel really good!
Hey now, now that I think about it.....thanks for the idea! I think I'm going to do it too!;)

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
Good luck Carolyn- I know something will come up for you! I don't have any shows planned for this month but I am just coasting right now. I hope everything turns out okay with your host's DH, and when the time is right I am sure that she will remember how patient and caring you were during her time of need!

Sorry - thread hijack...

Gillian, how can you be doing anything BUT "coasting" right now????

I love the $1000/10 host show idea. I'll be on bedrest at some point int he near future..and maternity with twins...I'm so going to do tthis!!!!

I need to get my rear end on the phone to book some July. I"m a little nervous because the twins arrival is approaching...so catalog I think is the way to go.

reba515 said:
mine is too !!:(
2 of my 5 scheduled re-scheduled (July & Sept) & my Sunday show is on the fence as of this afternoon she may want to reschedule when she can get more guests to show up (only has 5 yes' out of 28 invites)
CRAP!

I tell all of my hosts that only 20-25% of their invited guests will attend on any given night - just happens with everyone being so busy these days. So, your host is right on with the yeses, I'd say.

I am waiting for the host that beats those odds.

MomToEli said:
I tell all of my hosts that only 20-25% of their invited guests will attend on any given night - just happens with everyone being so busy these days. So, your host is right on with the yeses, I'd say.

I am waiting for the host that beats those odds.

yeah thats what I told her too, also I said "sometimes smaller shows do just as well and people get more individual attention and can be just as fun"
so she hasn't rescheduled YET she's supposed to let me know tonight,which is fine maybe she'll decide she'll go ahead.
i also gave her the "no doesn't mean no order" spiel.
we shall see!

thankfully I have 2 active registries that are holding me over! they are doing suprisingly well and one just started in May for a June 16th wedding!

WowI feel better that I am not the only one having the June Blues but bad at the same time! Carolyn, let your host know she has the hopes and prayers of an entire community of Cheffers thinking about her and her hubby! They must be scared out of the minds.

My May was great and got a good number of bookings but NOT ONE in June either! To much going on for everyone!

So, prayers to the family and CCCs tonight!

Carolyn,
I will pray for his healing.
Is she someone you know well?
Maybe you could drop by with chicken salad and a fruit platter or something. Just so she knew you were thinking of her and she's more than an avenue for you to make $$ later when she can hold her show.
The day may come where she needs extra $$ and a simple gesture like dropping by with food (or a rest. gift certificate) might stick in her mind and she could join your TEAM.
Just a thought.....
I understand if you think its weird!! :) I get accused of going out of my way too often to do things for other people but, I also try to live by my motto "what goes around, comes around" & if anything is gonna come around I want it to be things that give me the warm fuzzies.

I know what you mean! My month is falling apart too; down to 4 cooking & 1 bridal.....July should be good though...ugh, got to call more today. Maybe I'll try the big catalog show thing...I've tried offering the Chillz special for $1 if they book by xxxx, but that didn't work...

Teresa Lynn,
That is a fabulous idea!!! That is such great customer relationships! If you can build a good relationship Carolyn, that will keep this lady close for a long time!
Everything you said holds true and I know this from personal experience! I am not going to get into my whole story here, but I met my recruiter/director in March of 1999. I was a consultant just screaming to happen! My wish list was sooooo filled up! I WANTED EVERYTHING! I love to cook!
So, I followed her all around after the demo until I got a date on her calendar!
The short of it is she called a day or two later and asked and I laughed and thanked her but said no, (I laughed cause I have one of those personalities! I've been approached by many ds companies!) But I felt I had no time!
When I did my show in June (she was booked out for 3 months!!!) I had it on June 2nd and just found out I was pregnant! Had been trying for 18 months! Anyway I had a large show that I co-hosted, and we were going to close exactly one week later because we were getting outside orders. On June 8th I miscarried and I had the co-host handle the closing up for me. (to be honest PC was one of my only joys at that point cause I was still excited to get all my stuff!) When the co-host told her why I wasn't involved in the closing (I was the main host) this sweet lady, sent me a card and then followed up with me a couple days later and understood what I was going through because it had recently happened to her, she told me of how she planted a tree for her baby that she lost! She made food for me and brought it over and just was someone who I could talk to! She stayed in contact with me and prayed for me and then sent me a post card for NC in July telling me how she was still thinking of me and how she hadn't given up on me about the business! I signed with her less than 2 weeks later! My business helped a financial need and gave me something new to focus on then all my pain! Her and I forged such a friendship and I was her first director she ever promoted and when she had to quit 5 years later (church and family responsibilities and needs!) It was so hard! But her and I still talk often and I volunteer at her church for VBS and she sends all her PC customers and friends my way! She orders from me too!
So Carolyn, Teresa Lynn's idea is great and worth really considering. She just may need some money in the future to help with medical bills, or she'll be a great host! And if none of these, she will be a friend! And we all could handle having more friends!:)
Sorry it's so long! Believe it or not THIS IS NOT THE WHOLE STORY!!!:eek: Way more drama involved! But I'll spare you the details!:D :eek: :rolleyes:

I am under the impression that we are all hurting for bookings right now!!! What do we do?? I had thought also about having a Ice Cream Social for my neighborhood to get some sales and bookings... but what if nobody comes. I have passed out other stuff to my neighbors and never got a reply, but not an invitation to anything.

I got an idea from a speaker who specializes in DS companies... I think it was Karen Phelps. Anyway, she had something on her website called a Date Card... I modified it and used it today at my show and people really wanted shows! I didn't book any though because my host is most likely going to sign to be a consultant (woo-hoo!) and I want her to get the bookings to help her out.

What I did with the card was just list the host special and the dates I wanted to fill. People asked if she would have her kit by then to get the deals. But in doing this I realized something... I've been telling people that they can get the host specials 60% off thinking that sounds really good. But I'm no good at math myself so what does that really mean? I realized when I made the booking card that when I put the actual price of the products down what an amazing deal it is!!!! The salad spinner for $20???? Sounds SOOO much better than 60% off!!!! I'm attaching the card here and just an FYI...I rounded up the price of the chillzanne since everything else was an even number I just thought it looked better. In any case, maybe it will help out some of you! Enjoy!

Attachments

• Open Date Card for Web.doc
    42 KB · Views: 319
Thanks, Colleen. I wasn thinking that if the dates were on their own cards, that another incentive might be to let them know that there will be another drawing just for those who fill out a card, or maybe those who do could get the Season's Best - just a thought...

I just passed it around... I could always do the "who wants it first" thing to be sure that the dates wouldn't be filled when it got to someone who really wanted a show... (Wouldn't THAT be nice!!!).

In the thought of offering an incentive... I don't like doing things that take money away from me, so I just decided to capitalized on what HO is already doing for us.

StephsKitchen said:
I am under the impression that we are all hurting for bookings right now!!! What do we do?? I had thought also about having a Ice Cream Social for my neighborhood to get some sales and bookings... but what if nobody comes. I have passed out other stuff to my neighbors and never got a reply, but not an invitation to anything.

Hurting for bookings is exactly what it's called!

I have 1 catalog show in process & maybe 1 on the way. She only wanted to add to another show, but I told her about having $150.00 in sales to call it a show! Hopefully she'll pull through.

If it makes you feel any better - I HAVE ZERO BOOKINGS FOR JULY so far!:(

1. What caused the rescheduling of the show for June 29th?

The hostess had a family emergency and was unable to hold the show on the originally planned date.

2. When was the show rescheduled to?

The show was rescheduled for the last weekend in July.

3. What happened with the show on June 9th?

The show was also rescheduled, this time to June 15th.

4. Why was the show on Thursday night cancelled?

The hostess's husband was experiencing pain and was eventually diagnosed with a mass behind his sternum. Further testing and results are expected on Thursday, so the hostess is unable to hold the show.

5. Was the option of a catalog show offered to the hostess?

No, it was not mentioned as the hostess's focus should be on her family during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• feather18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
feather18
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • ChefBeckyD