• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Host Who Booked a Show in June, I Set Her up Online and Sent

In summary, the email was sent to this host 5 times, she replied asking me if she could send an email link to the website, and then she never replied again.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a host who booked a show in June, I set her up online and sent the email to her, and then she decided to instead do a catalog show - so I changed the online info and resent it.

THEN she decided to have a July cooking show...so I changed and sent the info again = but then, of course, she decided she wanted an August catalog show...so - you guessed it, I changed the info and resent it.

THEN - yes, it happened again! She decided she really would rather have a Cooking Show in August - Sooooo, I changed the info and resent it.

Now - how many times have I sent this email to her? By my count - she has received the same email (just with a different date and type of show) FIVE times...and tonight, I get this email from her:

Becky,

Is there an email that I can send out to people that links them right to the website if they can not come to the party.

Oh, and did I mention that it was sent as a reply to the email I sent her from my website?

I had to sit on my hands until I could email back without being completely sarcastic....but I did email her and say "yep - just follow the instructions in the email below and you'll be all set!"

Re: Seriously?LOL. Let us know if this show actually happens!I think the next time she called/emailed, I'd tell her "I'm sorry- I'm not available...I have THESE dates available though." Take back control! I had a lady do something similar to me. I knew it was going nowhere.Good luck!

Re: Seriously?People don't read. They really don't. But, that's funny. Well, it's funnier since it happened to you and not me. ;)

Re: Seriously?
raebates said:
People don't read. They really don't. But, that's funny. Well, it's funnier since it happened to you and not me. ;)

I'm semi-laughing about it today - but you're right. It just strengthens my knowledge that people DO NOT read what you send them!

Re: Seriously?I have a host similar. Last year we changed the date so many times, then catalog show. She had only one order and when I called that person they decided just to cancel their order. A couple of weeks ago the host contacted me through my website and said she wanted a cooking show. Several calls and emails, no response. Finally she said she was moving, but wanted the show on a Saturday. I gave her a choice of my only two Sat. and no response. She flaked last time, so I'm not contacting her anymore. My calendar is full with those who really want the show.

lockhartkitchen said:
I have a host similar. Last year we changed the date so many times, then catalog show. She had only one order and when I called that person they decided just to cancel their order. A couple of weeks ago the host contacted me through my website and said she wanted a cooking show. Several calls and emails, no response. Finally she said she was moving, but wanted the show on a Saturday. I gave her a choice of my only two Sat. and no response. She flaked last time, so I'm not contacting her anymore. My calendar is full with those who really want the show.

Actually, I have no doubt that she's going to do the show. I have an address list - she just kept changing her mind because of her husband's tentative work schedule, and possibly starting a new job. (jobs mean everything right now here in MI!)

I just was flabbergasted by the fact that she'd had the SAME email sent to her 5 times from my website - you know, the one that says to "click here to send email invites to your guests" - and she responded to the last one sent asking me if there was an email she could send that would link people to her show? LOL! Ummm, you mean other than the last 5 emails I've sent you???

Re: Seriously?Did you ask her if she was getting your emails? It could very well have gone to a spam-folder too. (Granted, she probably was just clueless and didn't actually READ it.) But ya' never know!

esavvymom said:
Did you ask her if she was getting your emails? It could very well have gone to a spam-folder too. (Granted, she probably was just clueless and didn't actually READ it.) But ya' never know!

No, she was getting them, because she was replying to them to change her date/type of party. :) LOL!

ChefBeckyD said:
No, she was getting them, because she was replying to them to change her date/type of party. :) LOL!

Well, in THAT case.....that's a different story! :D

Re: Seriously?You need to coach her. She doesn't 'get it' because she doesn't understand. Sit down with her, either by phone with the website opened up,and walk her through it step by step - or you sit down and hand-carry her through the steps, showing her on a laptop or at your house or at her house or at a library or Kinko's where there are computers. She won't know unless you tell/show her - don't cast her off 'yep just follow the instructions' but show her. Try being the 'guide from the side' rather than the 'sage from the stage'. She may have authority issues--get resolution by being a friend and helping her along.You are the party plan professional, not her. You've done well to have her be interested enough to do a show. Help her bring it to fruition.You might say,
Want to know what my hosts of $800, $1,000+ and my all-time best $3,300 did?My hosts who have over $800 shows follow my instructions.--My hosts who have over $1,000 shows follow my instructions and ask questions - get clarification.--My host who had a $3,300 fundraiser followed my instructions, asked questions, and delegated help to do the same.She does sound like she's being a pill - but it probably comes down to host coaching. Clearly, she wants to do the show--the number 1 reason hosts change dates/cancel, is no one is coming. Help solve that problem--maybe even do the invites for her! I do, yes I pay postage and everything, and each and every time my show sales are over $800. When I use mini catalogs with the invite sticker on the back and a "You're invited to Megan's show Saturday--see back cover for details" sticker on the front, I have an over $1200 show with 20-some people crammed in the room. I also CALL each guest and ask if they received the mini catalog, then remind them to bring a guest for each of them to get a prize.My prize giveaways are a recipe card and twixit of their choice for the intended guest, and a made up cellophane bag with 2 recipe cards and a piece of hard candy inside with a curling ribbon tying it together 'gift' with my business card inside for the invit-ee/extra guest.Good luck; let us know how it turns out. God Bless, Take Care! -Scott

Re: Seriously?My husband is one of those who fails to read what you sent him. He will also hit reply & ask a question that he would have the answer to had he actually READ what I sent to him. And it's usually 3-4 line e-mails, not like I wrote a book or anything. So freaking irritating! :(

Re: Seriously?That is great info, Scott, thanks!

1. How do I set up a show online for a host in June?

To set up a show online for a host in June, you can follow these steps:

• Click on "Create a Show" and select the host's name from the drop-down menu.
  • Choose the date of the show in June and click "Save."
  • The show will now be set up online and the host will receive an email notification.

2. How do I send the host the show link and invitation?

To send the host the show link and invitation, you can follow these steps:

• Go to your "Show Dashboard" and click on the show for the host in June.
  • Click on the "Invitations" tab and select "Send Invitation."
  • Choose the method of sending the invitation (email or text) and click "Send."
  • The host will receive the show link and invitation to share with their guests.

3. How can I track the progress of the host's show in June?

To track the progress of the host's show in June, you can follow these steps:

• From here, you can view the number of guests invited, RSVPs, and orders placed.
  • You can also click on the "Orders" tab to see a breakdown of the orders and their status.

4. Can I make changes to the show setup for the host in June?

Yes, you can make changes to the show setup for the host in June. To do so, follow these steps:

• Click on the "Edit Show" button and make any necessary changes.
  • Click "Save" to update the show setup for the host in June.

5. How can I contact the host for the show in June?

To contact the host for the show in June, you can follow these steps:

• Click on the "Contact Host" button.
  • Choose the method of contact (email or phone) and click "Send Message."
  • The host will receive your message and can respond accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies