• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh No! I Forgot - How Long & What Temp To Bake a Cake?!

In summary, the conversation is about making a cake using a cake mix in the CBB. The suggested temperature is 350 degrees and the suggested time is around 40 minutes, but it may vary depending on the size of the cake mix. Some people have had success with a shorter baking time, while others have needed longer. The conversation also touches on dealing with heat and humidity while cooking and entertaining guests. Suggestions are made to stay cool, such as wearing light clothing and using a fan, and to keep the show fast-paced to retain the audience's interest. One person asks what the other is making for their shower tomorrow and if they do interactive showers.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How long does it take for one cake mix in the CBB? And at what temp? Why oh why don't I ever remember?!?! I have to make it NOW!!

I always spray the batter bowl then line it with wax paper fill it with a box 1/2 cake mix 350* about 30 min bt keep an eye on it chek with a cake tester till golden brown cool and the cake will filp out when tunered upside down

I did this years ago and cooked it at 350 and started checking it around 40 mins!

Just made one tonight for tomorrow... 350 for 50-55 minutes for 18 oz. cake mix.

Thanks everyone. I did a box mix - not sure of the size and too tired to get up and go look but it makes a two layer cake and requires 1/3 cup oil, 1 1/4 cups water, and 3 eggs. Temp was 350 and I started with 40 min as suggested and it was still liquid in the centre, not even to the gooey stage yet, so I added another 15 - gooey then, then another 15. So it looks like it took 70 min in my new oven. I finally found my notes and it was 75 in my old one.

I wonder why mine takes longer than everyone elses?

kcjodih said:
Thanks everyone. I did a box mix - not sure of the size and too tired to get up and go look but it makes a two layer cake and requires 1/3 cup oil, 1 1/4 cups water, and 3 eggs. Temp was 350 and I started with 40 min as suggested and it was still liquid in the centre, not even to the gooey stage yet, so I added another 15 - gooey then, then another 15. So it looks like it took 70 min in my new oven. I finally found my notes and it was 75 in my old one.

I wonder why mine takes longer than everyone elses?

Not sure why either. Mine has never taken longer than 55 minutes... even the one I did tonight.

Glad you got it done though and hope your house is not too hot.

It was 90 today with horrible, horrible (did I mention horrible?) humidity so thanks goodness for central air. I was able to make the crust for the chicken clubhouse squares and the cake and it's still nice and cool in here. Tomorrow however is another story; shower at 2 in the heat of the day with horrible humidity expected, same temps and an older farmhouse with NO air and 15-20guests expected! UGH! And I'm already a wuss when it comes to the heat, NOT climatized at all! I go from my cool home, to my cool truck to the cool workplace and this is going to be awful! The last time I did a bridal (no central air or window air and same type temps) it was in July and I remember the icing was sliding right off the doll cake. She was now topless and without the top half of her dress LOL I feel a repeat coming on.....

Any ideas how to stay cool besides the obvious light loose clothing? I'm such a huge perspirer (is that a word?) that I KNOW my neck, face, etc is going to be quite shiny and maybe even a little wet from the sweat EWW! :yuck:

Last edited:
I would suggest taking a small fan to put near your table. That is what my hospitality director does at her grill shows.

And last but not least... make it a fast show so you don't lose your sweating crowd!

Hey girlfriend YOU ROCK!!! Why didn't I think of that? I have a small one downstairs I'm going to grab now before going to bed. Thanks a bunch! BTW, what are you making for your shower tomorrow? Do you do your showers interactive?

Related to Oh No! I Forgot - How Long & What Temp To Bake a Cake?!

What is the typical baking temperature for a cake?

The typical baking temperature for a cake is 350°F (175°C).

How long should I bake a cake for?

The baking time for a cake can vary depending on the type of cake and the size of the pan. As a general rule, most cakes will take 30-40 minutes to bake.

What is the best way to test if a cake is done baking?

The best way to test if a cake is done baking is to insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, with no batter or crumbs, the cake is done.

Can I adjust the baking time if I'm using a different sized pan?

Yes, the baking time may need to be adjusted if you are using a different sized pan. A larger pan will require less baking time, while a smaller pan will require more baking time. It's best to start checking for doneness a few minutes before the recommended baking time.

What should I do if my cake is browning too quickly?

If your cake is browning too quickly, you can cover it loosely with foil to prevent further browning. You can also reduce the oven temperature slightly to slow down the browning process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies